PDA

View Full Version : How precise will they be?

srgalahad
October 20th, 2009, 17:32
From the rules:

11. Precision Flying

The final segment between Charleville and Melbourne incorporates an additional contest of Precision Flying. Before departing Charleville, the pilot declares a Target Flight Time that he will use to in flying from Charleville to Melbourne (YBCV-YMEN). The pilot might complete this segment in a single leg, or the pilot might take multiple legs (in which case the segment's Flight Time is the sum of the legs' Flight Time).

The "deviation" is scored as the absolute value of the difference between his actual Flight Time and his previously declared Target Flight Time—measured in seconds. The winner is the pilot with the minimum deviation.

For example, a pilot states his Target Flight Time is 3:05:00 (three hours and five minutes) and he actually flies the distance in 3:08:30 (three hours eight minutes and 30 seconds). Then his score is 210 seconds. Or he might fly it in 2:58:00 and get a score of 420 seconds. The lowest score wins.

So the question is: "Estimating arrival time over a 682 nm leg, How well will the racers do ?

Place your bets here!

srgalahad
October 21st, 2009, 09:02
I should mention that the POLL is time limited (a few days) so don't plan to wait until you start to see results :wiggle:

Rob

Willy
October 21st, 2009, 09:40
With my math skills, I'll be happy to get within an hour. ;)

srgalahad
October 22nd, 2009, 14:19
:bump:
Specific "rules" for the segment estimates & scoring will be up an a few hours (or so)

srgalahad
October 25th, 2009, 22:20
If anyone hasn't voted yet, there are a couple of days remaining..
:running:

srgalahad
November 11th, 2009, 12:42
kinda looks like we're beating the Vegas odds:icon_lol: