PDA

View Full Version : fsx space shuttle Help

Cirrus N210MS
October 20th, 2009, 17:12
ingame Multiplayer server has no slew is there no way to make the ship start on its back? for space launch?? with out using slew?

N332DW
October 21st, 2009, 05:21
if you start at KTTS (shuttle landing facility)
- and the host has map enabled .....

first climb to 90 degree vertical and pause
... then open the map
and place yourself here ...
N28 36,49'
W80 36,28'
altitude +170
HDG 185
airspeed 145

this will put you right on launch pad 39A...

unpause and we have lift off

i had to figure this one out cause my main server (flightsimnation)
has slewing disabled and crashes enabled - but the map is enabled

or simply climb vertical - pause - and set your altitude just above the ground elevation

good luck

Daube
October 21st, 2009, 05:42
Have you tried with scrape points ? I wonder if they would be enough to allow the plane to really sit on the ground on this vertical position ?

Lateral-G
October 21st, 2009, 06:46
My issue is the "shift-E-2 (or 3)" for detaching the boosters and tank.

I can never seem to hit the right sequencing on the keys to get this to happen. Is there a way to assign the secondary exits to another, single key?

-G-

rcbarend
October 21st, 2009, 08:07
ingame Multiplayer server has no slew is there no way to make the ship start on its back? for space launch?? with out using slew?

No, I don't think there's a solution for that in FS without slew, other then a "trick" one.
Like the one that Paul Clawson applied in his FS9 "Pogo" model, where his entire visual model position is controlled by the Flaps axis. Disadvantage however, is that this only works for outside views, not from the VC or Cockpit Views. I also made a control for that for that FS9 Pogo, but that trick doesn't work in FSX. Although I haven't looked for alternatives yet.

Rob