PDA

View Full Version : Missing Icon

pointy31
October 26th, 2008, 09:50
I have installed FSX Gold on a new computer, Vista OS. The program seemed to load just fine, and when finished, continued on to FSX. I flew a bit, checking settings, etc, but when I exited the sim and returned to desktop, I saw that the icon for FSx was not on my desktop. I looked, scratched, cussed, until I finally un-installed the program and gave it another go. I am new to Vista, and fairly new to FSX, and am totally confused. There must be some way to start FSX without an icon, or someway to place the icon on my desktop. Any suggestions appreciated...:banghead:

kilo delta
October 26th, 2008, 09:55
Find the FSX.exe in your installation folder. Right click on that and send to desktop (create shortcut) and you're all set.

Butcherbird17
October 26th, 2008, 10:14
Look under "Games Explorer" in Vista. That's where all shortcuts for games go when you install.

Joe

pointy31
October 26th, 2008, 10:15
Thanks kilo delta, that did the trick. I wonder why it didn't install it automatically. I had it checked. Oh well, another mystery solved. Thanks again, a case of Cajun Koolaid headed your way...:ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae:

kilo delta
October 26th, 2008, 11:41
Glad you got it sorted,pointy31:wavey: :)

harleyman
October 26th, 2008, 12:36
Ita a Vista thang...:costumes:

Well..its done that to me with Vista and XP.....:isadizzy:

FLighT01
October 27th, 2008, 06:01
Ita a Vista thang...:costumes:

Well..its done that to me with Vista and XP.....:isadizzy:

Yep, the Vista surprises are never ending!