PDA

View Full Version : VFR Generation X: V4 - Scotland: The Western Isles

noddy
October 20th, 2009, 06:41
http://www.horizonsimulation.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=36

Well it's a start, be good get the rest of Scotland.

gajit
October 20th, 2009, 09:36
Thanks Noddy for the HU

stiz
October 20th, 2009, 09:58
"VFR Generation X Scotland will be delivered in 5 Volumes"

pricey! :isadizzy:

IanHenry
October 20th, 2009, 10:39
If they are going to charge £30 (OK £29.35) for all 5 volumes it’s going to be £150 for the whole of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Scotland</st1:place></st1:country-region>. That’s very expensive especially when you consider that <st1:country-region w:st="on">England</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wales</st1:place></st1:country-region> were just 3 volumes. I think at that price I will pass this one up.
I can’t imagine many people will be willing to pay that price for a relatively small area with no autogen!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian.

stiz
October 20th, 2009, 11:05
tis, but then i dread to think what it cost them to get the images in the first place :isadizzy:

letsgetrowdy
October 20th, 2009, 11:51
I can't believe that there is NO AUTOGEN! This is so annoying as I can fly over flat land on google earth for free...so why should I have to pay this much to have No scenery objects?

stiz
October 20th, 2009, 12:28
well thats down to personal preference, i personaly run FSX with the autogen off because my pc just cant cope with it on so it doesnt bother me in the slightist :icon_lol: :engel016:

MCDesigns
October 20th, 2009, 13:39
I'm with Rowdy, I love photoscenery now, but it's got to have autogen, which is one of the main reasons I prefer FSX over FS9, denser autogen.

gajit
October 20th, 2009, 13:47
well thats down to personal preference, i personaly run FSX with the autogen off because my pc just cant cope with it on so it doesnt bother me in the slightist :icon_lol: :engel016:

Same here

noddy
October 20th, 2009, 23:31
On the Autogen front it does say

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://horizonsimulation.com/store/includes/templates/horizon/images/breadcrumb.gif Compatibility with ScotFlight </TD><TD rowSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>To ensure compatibility with other content for Scotland, Horizon has been coordinating efforts with the talented scenery designers from ScotFlight, who have been busy re-positioning existing content, and adding further 3D objects and greater detail to their already outstanding sceneries.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

calypsos
October 20th, 2009, 23:58
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR><TD>http://horizonsimulation.com/store/includes/templates/horizon/images/breadcrumb.gifCompatibility with ScotFlight </TD><TD rowSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>To ensure compatibility with other content for Scotland, Horizon has been coordinating efforts with the talented scenery designers from ScotFlight, who have been busy re-positioning existing content, and adding further 3D objects and greater detail to their already outstanding sceneries.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Alas, that is another payware project (more money!) and will still only give you some 'sore thumb' landmarks. If it is any consolation, from what I remember of my visits to the Western Isles, there are almost no trees at all!

It is a 'windswept and lonely place, where the sea crashes on to the barren shore.....We're doomed I tell ya, DOOMED!!"

With apologies to our non UK members!!...and the late great John Laurie!<!-- / message -->

IanHenry
October 21st, 2009, 02:35
Ok, fall in Private Frazer;

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14326&stc=1&d=1256121197

Captain Mainwaring

noddy
October 21st, 2009, 04:05

Don't panic, don't panic!

IanHenry
October 21st, 2009, 04:55
Yes Noddy,
They don't like it up em!

Ian