View Full Version : Breadwinners

Cloud9Gal
October 19th, 2009, 18:41
:male: Times are certainly changing.....:female:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33196583/ns/business-consumer_news/?gt1=43001

Lionheart
October 19th, 2009, 18:50
Indeed the times are changing.

A new world, a new market, a new era, a new people...

Glad that women are now shown how they can do just as well as men in the working place. At least in most jobs. I can see how some jobs might be better for particular sexes then others, but good that the work place is becoming more oriented towards a persons capabilities and not their sex.

Bill

Chacha
October 19th, 2009, 18:53

Glad that women are now shown how they can do just as well as men in the working place. At least in most jobs. I can see how some jobs might be better for particular sexes then others, but good that the work place is becoming more oriented towards a persons capabilities and not their sex.

Bill

Totally agree, Bill :applause:

Well said, sire!

Cloud9Gal
October 19th, 2009, 18:55

Bill

Very well said Bill!! Totally agree with you! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy114.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Silver Fox
October 19th, 2009, 20:06
I never understood how a person's plumbing affected job performance. I mean really... How much of your job performance is actually governed by your posture while urinating?

Piglet
October 19th, 2009, 20:09
I can see how some jobs might be better for particular sexes then others

Like female stripper? :wavey:
That mom named her kid Mig.
Is his brother named Sukhoi? Yakalov?

sandar
October 19th, 2009, 22:33
Since my accident 10 years ago, my wife has been the breadwinner in the family. I have no problem with her earning more than me. I do, however have a problem with not being able to find employment, being in my fifties and disabled.

There are plenty of places and people who don't mind using me as a volunteer, but no one wants to pay me for doing a job. ( I will stop now before this turns into a rant :kilroy:)

Snuffy
October 20th, 2009, 03:21
I need to find me one of those ... :bump:

Course that might be hard to do too ... :kilroy:

Thanks for the article C9G

cheezyflier
October 20th, 2009, 05:00
since moving to sunny canadia 3 yrs ago, my wife has been the one "bringing home the bacon". i play mr mom and do the cooking, cleaning errands, etc.
it's supposed to come to an end very soon when immigration finally gets up off of their oversized posteriors and grants me my status. i can hardly wait.
i appreciate how hard my wife works, she's a better woman than i deserve.
but i'm sick of living in forced poverty, and all this time on my hands is more than i can take much longer.

Chacha
October 20th, 2009, 05:18
since moving to sunny canadia 3 yrs ago, my wife has been the one "bringing home the bacon". i play mr mom and do the cooking, cleaning errands, etc.
it's supposed to come to an end very soon when immigration finally gets up off of their oversized posteriors and grants me my status. i can hardly wait.
i appreciate how hard my wife works, she's a better woman than i deserve.
but i'm sick of living in forced poverty, and all this time on my hands is more than i can take much longer.

Hold on a little bit longer cheezyflier... for your reward is soon to come! You deserve her better than anyone else, you have been a good mr mom :ernae: anyways!

I, for one, am the sole bread winner of the family (single parent). I am a full time worker, a full time parent and I enjoy every minute of it! I play mom and dad to my only daughter.... You are blessed to have your wife! :engel016:

Henry
October 20th, 2009, 05:19
My wife has always been the breadwinner
she is just plain smarter than me:icon_lol::icon_lol:
now i am unemployed
it is a lot harder on us both
but its better than me being the breadwinner
we would be in deep trouble.
Actually when i go for job interviews
there are about 70% more women than men at the interviews
women have always been at least equals
in my view and its good to see that equal pay is getting better
not there yet but getting better
H

Piglet
October 20th, 2009, 20:59
I never understood how a person's plumbing affected job performance. I mean really... How much of your job performance is actually governed by your posture while urinating?

There's ALOT more diffs between men/women than plumbing schematics!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Silver Fox
October 20th, 2009, 22:19
Thank God there are Tim!!! :)

I was just trying to focus on the one issue (other than a historically lower pay rate) that seems to draw a lot of attention.

cheezyflier
October 21st, 2009, 06:04
Hold on a little bit longer cheezyflier... for your reward is soon to come! You deserve her better than anyone else, you have been a good mr mom :ernae: anyways!

I, for one, am the sole bread winner of the family (single parent). I am a full time worker, a full time parent and I enjoy every minute of it! I play mom and dad to my only daughter.... You are blessed to have your wife! :engel016:

thanks for the encouragement!

i've known several girls who have held non traditional jobs and did very well.
one was a former girlfriend whom i brought into the sheetmetal/ductowrk trade. her first week, she out worked 2 other guys on my crew who both had more time in than her. another was a union electrician,still another a welder.
there was a woman in delaware who owned one of the largest heavy equipment companies in the area, and one who owns the water company there. i also met a woman bricklayer once who had a good reputation in her trade. like anything i suppose, with a little luck, and perseverance, and alot of hard work, there isn't much one can't accomplish.

i did the single dad thing for 5 years with my oldest son.
i really liked it and was grateful for the opportunity. it was hard though. i wish i could have known then what i know now...he's grown with a son of his own now, and doin ok.

mfitch
October 21st, 2009, 13:51
I love having a wife who earns more than I do. That translates into more flight sim toys.

Incidentally part of the change in workplace gender is a result of the change in education. We have far more female students than male at the collegiate level in the US now. All the work to get women into education worked. Now we just need more men to come.