PDA

View Full Version : Problem with FS Sound Studio

Tweek
October 19th, 2009, 09:44
I've fired off an e-mail to FSSS support, although seeing as their last release was in 2007, I don't know how active they are these days, and therefore don't know whether I'll get a reply. So I'll ask here too...

I recently bought FSSS as a means of fine tuning and tweaking a few existing sounds that I wasn't too happy with in the sim, however it's not working at all as I'd hoped. Put simply, if I make any kind of change, when I load up the sim, the aircraft that I've edited loses the sound from the section I've changed (e.g. jet_whine).

In a bit more detail:
As one example, just to test it out, I tried to add an afterburner sound to a Cessna 172 (well at least you'd know it had worked, if it did!). This simply meant adding a new section to the Combustion section (set to be audible from the internal view), with the new wave file placed accordingly. Did the little preview, and the afterburner sounded as it should. Fired up the sim, loaded the C172, engine start sounds were as normal, then as soon as it was meant to kick into the sound of the engine running, it fizzled out into silence. Switched to external view and the sounds were as normal. Back to the cockpit, and nothing. Load the original sound config back up, and everything's back to normal. The same thing happens if I so much as touch the volume of a sound file and save a new config. Is there something else I should be doing, bar saving the config, that I'm totally missing? Or is this just some silly bug?

This one really has me stumped, so hopefully there's a few sound experts out there!

rdyoung
October 19th, 2009, 10:07
While waiting for a response here, maybe check out the FS Sound Forum at www.simforums.com/forums/ (http://www.simforums.com/forums/).

Tweek
October 19th, 2009, 10:18
Thankyou, hadn't seen that.