PDA

View Full Version : bgl scenery files

falcon409
October 19th, 2009, 06:07
Is it possible that a bgl file could also contain the textures required for the objects it holds? I did a remake of the airport CSB3 in Quebec and used several hangars from that library (Airport_Buildings_AP.bgl, found in the main scenery/global/scenery folder). When I passed the finished work on to the individual I did it for he replied that he saw no hangars. These are default libraries and he's running FSX/SP2 but not Acceleration. He does not have that bgl in his corresponding folder.

I went through the texture folder and found no textures related to the hangars I used in the scenery, so, is it possible that the bgl contains everything, including the textures?

GaryGB
October 22nd, 2009, 04:44
Hi Ed:

I believe the only FS scenery "object" that packages textures into the BGL is photoreal ground textures for a custom landlcass.

IIRC, your other thread on this elsewhere may already have had a reply with suggestions for the end user to enable higher scenery complexity.

Perhaps one also might move the problematic scenery area layer to the top of the FS Scenery Library user interface to supersede the impact of an underlying Exclude file in a lower layer for that airport.

Also, if you view the object's scenery library source BGL (not the placement BGL) in a hexadecimal viewer, you may see the names of the textures required via the internal mappings shown in ASCII text.

Hope this helps ! :mixedsmi:

GaryGB