PDA

View Full Version : The shear joy of flight...

spotlope
October 18th, 2009, 16:34
... is something these wooly beasts will never enjoy. These are my first attempt at something a bit more organic for use in my scenery. They and their brethren (and sisteren) will be making an appearance in Stark's Twin Oaks.

jdhaenens
October 18th, 2009, 16:37
Cool Bill! Tell me if you get close enough, you'll be able to hear them bleating.... They're great!

Jim

Milton Shupe
October 18th, 2009, 16:37
Wow! Nice work Bill. :applause:

BananaBob
October 18th, 2009, 16:49
Not baahhhhhh.....add at all!! :bump:

spotlope
October 18th, 2009, 17:24
Thanks, guys. They look a lot like sheep, don't they? They're actually alpacas, which it turns out are more closely related to camels. Go figure.

MCDesigns
October 18th, 2009, 17:33
Not baahhhhhh.....add at all!! :bump:

LOL, you stole my line Bob, LOL.

Nice work Bill, much better looking than the camels I did for my Iraq scenery.

OBIO
October 18th, 2009, 17:35
Alpacas, and llamas, are some world class spitters...they can spit with accuracy for something like 20 feet or so. Cute animals...smelly....but the fact that they are loogie snipers puts them way down on my list of preferred animals.

spotslope,

Your alpacas look great...I knew exactly what they were when I saw the screen shot.

OBIO

harleyman
October 18th, 2009, 18:18
Very nice addition... :applause:

Are they animated?

gera
October 18th, 2009, 19:13
Bolivia is the largest "grower" of Alpacas in the world. Out of the large and high up in the sky farms come some of the best Alpaca wool in the world. The fur of these champion "spitters" is highly coveted in many countries of Europe......Big business for the Indian Presidente!!!

Dexdoggy
October 18th, 2009, 19:50
They are used quite often now in Australia too - one or two are put with the sheep, and will protect the heard against foxes! Apparently, they will find and kill a fox or a dog! We visited an Alpaca farm recently and they said that most of their stock sales are now for sheep farmers!

heywooood
October 18th, 2009, 20:10
the 'shear' joy...:kilroy: good one

Lionheart
October 18th, 2009, 21:35
They look great Bill.

First thing that came to my mind was the end of 'The Holy Graille' by Monty Python.

Boom operator.................Jim Llamma
Investments director.........Jeanie Llamma Llamma
Set Director Engineer........Tony Llamma

JamesChams
October 18th, 2009, 21:41
Mr. Bill Womack,

I love those "little touches" you put into your sceneries.:applause:

lawdawg
October 18th, 2009, 22:19
Nice work Bill.
It will look great when I fly my '51 Sheeple overhead.