PDA

View Full Version : 3 repaints uploaded for FSC Tempest MkV

RobH
October 18th, 2009, 16:02
I just uploaded these paints here and at Flightsim. There will be more paints coming later.

These contain all new specular and bump maps, that should not have any effect on your existing paints.

As usual, my photography doesnt do these paints any justice.:redf:

calypsos
October 18th, 2009, 23:08
Looks great, I like the Pierre Closterman one the best!

Roger
October 18th, 2009, 23:09
Fantastic Rob! I'll be downloading these after work:applause:

noddy
October 19th, 2009, 00:05
Fantastic work Rob. :ernae:

deimos256
October 19th, 2009, 03:04
Whoa what is this, a tempest in fsx?? Where can I find this??

SpaceWeevil
October 19th, 2009, 03:20
The Tempest is part of 'Hawker Heroes' from First Class Simulations. For the price of one add-on you get the Tempest, Fury (biplane), Hurricane IID and Typhoon. Quality varies but the Fury is a peach and the Tempest (with Rob H's paints) is nice too. These paints are just grand Rob, thank you.

Shessi
October 19th, 2009, 03:21
Real beauties!

Many thanks Brian.

:ernae: Shessi

noddy
October 19th, 2009, 06:49
A very quick shot.

Thanks again.

Fireball6
October 19th, 2009, 07:31
Thank you very much RobH - wonderfull paintwork !!!! :ernae:
Dirk

IanP
October 19th, 2009, 08:00
Thanks Rob - I shall be grabbing those!

SpaceWeevil
October 19th, 2009, 08:23
Anyone know what causes those holes in the spinner? They show up in flight, not just in screenies. It's certainly not Rob's paints, it seems to be something in the model. It's also visible in the FCS Hurricane but I've never seen it in other models.

IanP
October 19th, 2009, 08:39
Yes. They're holes in the spinner. The ones the prop comes through.

They possibly shouldn't be quite so easy to see (after all, they spin at the same speed as the prop blades, so should be just as blurred!) but they should be there.

noddy
October 19th, 2009, 09:08
One more.

Roger
October 19th, 2009, 09:47
I really like what you've done to the spec and bump maps too!:applause: I'll use them with the other schemes.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/temprh-1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/temprh-2.jpg

SpaceWeevil
October 19th, 2009, 10:36
Yes. They're holes in the spinner. The ones the prop comes through.

They possibly shouldn't be quite so easy to see (after all, they spin at the same speed as the prop blades, so should be just as blurred!) but they should be there.

I'm not really nit-picking, but the holes are as clear and dark as this actually flying in-game. I just wondered what caused the effect in this model and another from the same company but not in any other that I've seen. Not to take anything away from the Tempest, which is otherwise a nice model, and certainly not decrying these splendid paints.

IanP
October 19th, 2009, 10:42
I guess it is the way that it has been animated - only Dan could really explain, as far as I am aware, but I agree that they are far more visible on his models than any others I have seen.

Unless maybe other developers leave them off the "spinning" prop and only model them when stationary? That might save a few polys when in flight, if nothing else.

d0mokun
October 19th, 2009, 13:08
Ahoy!

A simple way to get rid of the black inside the spinner would be to edit the part out, texture wise.

The shadow is only painted on.

:ernae:

IanP
October 19th, 2009, 13:17
Thanks Dan! :ernae:

huub vink
October 19th, 2009, 14:14
Beautiful repaints!

Huub

SpaceWeevil
October 19th, 2009, 15:19
Ahoy!

A simple way to get rid of the black inside the spinner would be to edit the part out, texture wise.

The shadow is only painted on.

:ernae:
Well frak me, didn't think it would be as easy as that - thank you!

RobH
October 19th, 2009, 16:30
Thank you everyone :ernae: Glad you like them. Thanks for all the great screen shots. You folks do a much better job than I can.

As far as the holes in the spinner, I never even really thought about them. I just painted around the shadows on the original texture, lol.

Here is a look at a quick paint over. If you prefer them like this, I can upload a update for the ones I have done, and just include this on any in the futire.

peter12213
October 20th, 2009, 05:28
Been waiting for these, great thanks a lot!