PDA

View Full Version : Test Thread for Duenna Posts

Milton Shupe
October 18th, 2009, 12:38
Just setup Duenna on this computer, required a full install plus updates to get the VB6 runtime routines installed.

Just did a practice first leg from EGUN to LFPB without issues so I guess the Puss MOth is a keeper. :jump:

salt_air
October 18th, 2009, 13:44
Just setup Duenna on this computer, required a full install plus updates to get the VB6 runtime routines installed.

Just did a practice first leg from EGUN to LFPB without issues so I guess the Puss MOth is a keeper. :jump:

Uh-Huh,,,,,,she's definately a keeper.......:ernae:

Thanks one more time for all the excellent work!

srgalahad
October 18th, 2009, 14:24
Great Milton! It's good to know we've got another addict among us.

A couple more years and we'll have enough material for a:
"Life and Death by Duenna: The Book of Racing Legends"

Milton Shupe
October 18th, 2009, 15:06
LOL Thanks guys.

Just for testing purposes to see how this computer would hold up, I flew the second leg to LFLY. No issues. :jump:

Willy
October 18th, 2009, 15:52
Milton, I expect you've probably got a newer comp than mine and mine does reasonably well at this racing thing. I do try to pick my aircraft to just ones that I know will give me decent framerates. Also if offline, I don't mess with the ATC function as it knocks a couple of fps off too. I prefer to fly online for these racing events as it also kills the AI too.

RFields
October 18th, 2009, 16:33
One thing I do for races like the RTW event and this one is create a temporary folder outside FS and move all non-default and non-payware aircraft to that folder. Planes I will not be flying.

I will also empty out my AFCAD folders except for airports along the route and the same with addon scenery - freeware, I never move payware.

Anything to minimize the load on the computer/ FS for the event.

Most of us also find it a good idea to shutdown and restart FS, sometimes the computer also - between flights.

One thing which will continue to accumulate is aircraft damage and overspeed time even if you have stopped. Until you reload the aircraft, those do not reset.

EdGeneer
October 18th, 2009, 19:42
those are great ideas, Reggie.... I dim things down for sure during the RTW, but for this one, Im actually installing fsglobal accross the race zone. I dont have much else addon for that area other than some of the larger airfields in said countries.

I am going to be vfr and driftmeter most of the way, so, i want the bumps to look somewhat accurate :)

im looking foreward to this race, but I know i am gunna get sooo lost :)

hahahahaha

Willy
October 18th, 2009, 21:02
Okay, I'll play too... ;)

Took the Beech up for a test flight heading out using the eastern route out of Mildenhall. Only went as far as EDSL on the German/Dutch border instead of all the way into Leipzig (EDDP). As usual I took off at 0630 local and was checking the weather as well as other things.

Still trying to make up my mind whether to head east or south out of Mildenhall.....

MaddogK
October 19th, 2009, 17:03
Yup, stable as a rock,

PRB
October 19th, 2009, 17:40
Test flight complete. Aircraft is signed over to the flight crew.

EasyEd
October 19th, 2009, 17:47
Hey All,

I could show a successful crash but I deleted it! :bump: Saturday I flew a distance test in the Me 108 - 780nm (like 5 hours) but flew from day into night. Now night isn't a problem but ground fog is. I could see everything clear as a bell 500ft above ground but could see absolutely nothing those last 500 ft of descent. Approached twice and finally went for it and hit a building. Why didn't they have ils in 1934?

-Ed-

Willy
October 19th, 2009, 17:57
Why didn't they have ils in 1934?

They knew we were coming? :d

Milton Shupe
October 19th, 2009, 18:01
Test flight complete. Aircraft is signed over to the flight crew.

Thanks Paul ... doing a test flight now EGUN to LFPB just to ensure I don't embarrass myself in the morning. :) Bumpy ride tonight with a frontal port wind.

Willy
October 19th, 2009, 18:37
Ferrying my birds up to Mildenhall from the top secret Merc Air HQ for the race tomorrow. First up the CDM.....

Willy
October 19th, 2009, 19:29
Went back down to Rochford and flew the Twin Beech up to Mildenhall for the race. Not sure yet which aircraft I'll start out with, but I've got both of them's routes figured out.

buzzbee
October 19th, 2009, 21:15
Just making the move to FS X with the duenna and I get Yellow on Real-WX.

I have winds aloft set to download, turbulence is unchecked, and it is set to use Real World WX and download every 15 minutes.

falcon409
October 19th, 2009, 22:02
My validation maps doesn't look like everyone elses:

buzzbee
October 19th, 2009, 22:08
Are you attaching the flightlog_XX_XX_XX jpg via manage attachments? Your Duenna Version looks correct.

buzzbee
October 19th, 2009, 22:08
Example Duenna flight log jpg file from OUTPUT FOLDER

menekod28
October 19th, 2009, 22:48
VonWrecktoften here...posting a practice leg from Marseille to Rome, to make sure everything works...

falcon409
October 20th, 2009, 04:29
Are you attaching the flightlog_XX_XX_XX jpg via manage attachments? Your Duenna Version looks correct.
When I go into the output folder, the jpg's are just as I attached them here. The jpg is not in a combined state like everything I'm seeing here. The main tracking map is one, the google map is one and the flight log is separate. . . .and yes, I always use "manage attachments" to post images, etc.

MM
October 20th, 2009, 04:55
Ed (?),

Please open up the FlightLog_00-52-51.TXT textfile. (This should flash up on your screen when you have finished your flight.) Scroll down to the bottom to find the following text:

Validation-Files:
K:\Simple Drive\Flightsim_Stuff\RTW-Duenna\OUTPUT\2009-10-20\FlightLog_00-52-51.JPG
K:\Simple Drive\Flightsim_Stuff\RTW-Duenna\OUTPUT\2009-10-20\FlightLog_00-52-51.TXT
(just copy the above path+files into your forum-attachment field.)
When you add attachments, you copy first the "K:\Simple Drive...FlightLog_00-52-51.JPG" text into the box next to the first "Browse" button.

Then copy the "K:\Simple Drive....FlightLog_00-52-51.TXT" text into the second box. Finally hit the "Upload" button on the right.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Milton Shupe
October 20th, 2009, 04:56
You can copy the link at the bottom of the text file when it opens for the jpg, and paste it in the Browse window. Then copy the txt link under the jpg link and paste it in the second Browse slot, then upload.

falcon409
October 20th, 2009, 05:28
You can copy the link at the bottom of the text file when it opens for the jpg, and paste it in the Browse window. Then copy the txt link under the jpg link and paste it in the second Browse slot, then upload.
It won't allow me to do that guys. When I click on the first browse button it wants to open something, I go to that text file and highlite the jpg text line and it pastes it into the slot, then I do the same for the text file link and when I go back to check what I've loaded it only loads the text file, not the jpg. I should have experimented with this a long time ago.

Simply put, the browse function "will not" allow me to just cut and paste anything, it wants to "open". When I open the log, scroll to the bottom and highlite the jpg line, I have to click open and something is pasted into the frist browser slot, but when I'm finished, it only loads the text file, not the jpg. Sorry. You guys have obviously done this for ages and it's no big deal, but it is simply not working.

MM
October 20th, 2009, 05:50
This is a little squirrely on my system. Yours too?

Highlight the first location (the *.jpg file) in the Duenna textfile line and copy it.
Go "Manage Attachements" and to the "Browse" box and click it.
You will get a searching box--click and paste the location of your jpg file into the file name box and click "Open."
Then repeat for the Duenna *.txt file. Or, perhaps easier, simply click on the next "Browse" box and it should default to the folder you just visited.

Try this out and let us know.
M.

falcon409
October 20th, 2009, 06:19
This is a little squirrely on my system. Yours too?

Highlight the first location (the *.jpg file) in the Duenna textfile line and copy it.
Go "Manage Attachements" and to the "Browse" box and click it.
You will get a searching box--click and paste the location of your jpg file into the file name box and click "Open."
Yep, and as soon as I do that it tells me it can't find that file.

Then repeat for the Duenna *.txt file. Or, perhaps easier, simply click on the next "Browse" box and it should default to the folder you just visited.

Try this out and let us know.
M.
I'm going to continue to try to get this to work as I fly right now. However, if I'm unable to get it corrected, then I'll need a decision from the governing body here as to whether or not, posting as I did with the test flight is going to count. If not, then there's no reason for me to continue any further flights. I don't have a problem with that really, I just need to know if my flying will count for anything beyond killing an otherwise boring day, lol.
Thanks Mike.

salt_air
October 20th, 2009, 07:18
Hey falcon409,

You can hunt them down after the manage attachments window opens by browsing right to them and double clicking the file in the browser window.

After they populate the fields in the upload widow hit the upload key and the close the window.

Upload screenshots the same way. :jump:

Best,

MM
October 20th, 2009, 07:43
Ed,

For this leg, go ahead and post your Duenna authentication as best you can. (The textfile is the most important--the jpg is mainly for race followers.)

It'll be better when things start working smoothly.

Mike

falcon409
October 20th, 2009, 07:52
The problem seems to be that while I can double click on a lot of things and get them into the browser window. . . .those two lines of text simply will not transfer to the slot next to the browse buttons. If it would allow me to cut and paste that info, it would be simple, but clicking either the browse button or the slot next to it opens a search function and from then on it will only accept the path to that log file and not the highlighted text inside it.

Milton Shupe
October 20th, 2009, 10:05
You should be able to highlight each of the two lines at the bottom of the text file (one at a time), right mouse click on the highlighted line, select copy, then right click in the Browse slot and select paste into the Browse slot. ( or control+V to paste)

YOu should not have to click browse.

falcon409
October 20th, 2009, 10:36
You should be able to highlight each of the two lines at the bottom of the text file (one at a time), right mouse click on the highlighted line, select copy, then right click in the Browse slot and select paste into the Browse slot. ( or control+V to paste)

YOu should not have to click browse.

Ok, I can highlite the line, but right clicking on it does nothing. . .I don't get the option to copy. I tried highlighting and then control+C and then going to the slot and pasting, but that does not work.

For whatever reason. . .what everyone else finds common place. . .is foreign to my computer, lol. I've used the Manage attachments system for a long time and it's quite simple, but taking what amounts to a line of text and cutting and pasting it into those slots appears to be something I am unable to perform for whatever reason. It does not work.

This, along with very poor planning on my part has resulted in my dropping out of the race. This is not the place for me at this time.

Thanks for your help and enjoy the race.:ernae:

Bry Rosier
October 20th, 2009, 11:09
Just testing my Duenna , not used it since Evita :icon_lol: . Just a note , I have a desktop shortcut to my output folder so is nice and easy to just open required jpg and text folder . just double click to files and upload

salt_air
October 20th, 2009, 11:30
Ed,

Can you copy and paste the two files anywhere else on the computer,,,,say to the desktop?

falcon409
October 20th, 2009, 11:57
Nope,
Nothing I do will allow me to add the necessary lines to the browse slots. Sorry guys. I know when it's a very simple process for you it's inconceivable that it can't be done, but on my system it doesn't work.

Bry Rosier
October 20th, 2009, 12:07
Hi , just for now, forget about adding lines , can you navigate to the folder where the Duennas are stored . It should look something like this . If you can , can you browse to this folder and double-click the file or jpg you need ? Sorry Falcon after reading the whole post I see you are in the right place :) But the Map uploaded is in a "gif" format not a .jpg

srgalahad
October 20th, 2009, 13:03
And while we work on Mike's issue..
Test EGUN - EGCC

salt_air
October 20th, 2009, 16:53
Nope,
Nothing I do will allow me to add the necessary lines to the browse slots. Sorry guys. I know when it's a very simple process for you it's inconceivable that it can't be done, but on my system it doesn't work.

Ed,

Can you get on Teamspeak??...if so I'll get with you to try a couple more things out instead of ping-ponging posts.

I'll be home for most of tomorrow and glad to see this get resolved for ya.

Let me know (ball park) what time....

Best,

falcon409
October 20th, 2009, 17:15
Ed,
Can you get on Teamspeak??...if so I'll get with you to try a couple more things out instead of ping-ponging posts.
I'll be home for most of tomorrow and glad to see this get resolved for ya.
Let me know (ball park) what time....
Best,
You're EST, I'm CST, so let's say 10:00am your time. Are you using the TS server that was posted here earlier for the Race Comm?

salt_air
October 21st, 2009, 05:31
You're EST, I'm CST, so let's say 10:00am your time. Are you using the TS server that was posted here earlier for the Race Comm?

That will work just fine,,,,I'll "see" you then. We can go to one of the Conference Rooms if anyone is flying.

68.47.50.131:8768 (be sure to use the ":8768" in the address)

Cheers,

MM
October 21st, 2009, 17:22
Late to the party. Flying the Mew from Luton design studio to Mildenhall.

Moses03
October 21st, 2009, 17:39
Short test flight around Mildenhall.

Haitun
October 23rd, 2009, 15:17
Test flight EGUN - LFPB

java2srv
October 25th, 2009, 09:22
I'm not a competitor in the 2009 MacRobertson but I was working on getting some of the tools and navigation working.

I'm getting a "Refueled" mssg from Duenna as soon as I start my takeoff roll and Duenna goes from "On-Ground state" to "En-Route state".

Status is all green before the takeoff roll, taking the baton manually. I've tried the default Cessna 172, the default King Air, and default DC-3 and its the same for all 3.

Have tried with auto-mixture both off and on, and tried with half-full tanks.

FS-Duenna version is v.0.802 R120

I have a registered version of FSUIPC, its at version 3.74 -- there's a newer version out, I may install it but didn't want to go changing a lot of things at once -- especially before I figure out if its caused by an FS config setting.

Any pointers would be great.:isadizzy:

Jack

Dangerousdave26
October 25th, 2009, 09:54
Thats good right there. Its working fine

To see how it is if you refuel run the duenna take off while in route go to the fuel and payload section and add fuel. You will see the difference.

The Duenna goes Read with the Refueled highlighted in Red.

Green means all systems are clear.

You don't need a newer version of FSUIPC but if you do upgrade it will find your registration just fine. I just upgraded mine last week.

Dangerousdave26
October 25th, 2009, 09:58
Also just do a short test hop

Post the final Duenna jpg and the text file. If you have any issues they will show up in the those files.

Willy
October 25th, 2009, 14:02
Did a quick test flight across the channel under full race conditions from the Merc Air HQ over to Ostende to pick up enough Jupiler for the trip to Oz. I "borrowed" the USS Lexington's NDB beacon for the exercise...

I'll be heading out from Mildenhall once I get back from feeding the horses after while....

java2srv
October 25th, 2009, 14:30
Thats good right there. Its working fine

Ah-ha!

DangerousDave, thanks for the post! :applause::applause: I see now -- I was getting thrown off by the "mouse-over" pop-up *balloon about the "negative fuel-flow engine". (*if you have this turned off in Windows you may not be seeing this.) Of course this added greatly to the confusion since the Duenna was still green. :-)

-- If there's a way for someone to misinterpret a human interface, they will...:isadizzy:

Have had previous Duenna versions running OK, but its been a while and couldn't recall details. When I took a look at the text logs they seemed to show valid flights.

I ran a pair of test hops in the DCC P-38, I re-fueled in mid-flight on one and the Duenna did go red. The other was green. Its working as you said, life is good. :engel016:

I'll post a test flight to the thread as soon as I get back to my FS system.

Good info on the FSUIPC update, Thanks for that was well.:jump:

Thanks again!
Jack

DHC120
October 30th, 2009, 08:32
Ready to depart LIRA for LGAT in the
MacRobertson version Boeing 247D.
Racing forTeam United.

Charles (DHC120)

Sorry 'bout this.. This should have been in the "Practice" thread.
Charles.

DHC120
October 30th, 2009, 10:34
Landed safely at LIRM
Practice, Practice, Practice!
Charles (DHC120)

Moses03
October 30th, 2009, 10:44
Charles- I moved the post back here. Sorry for any confusion. All is as it was.

DHC120
October 30th, 2009, 11:39
Charles- I moved the post back here. Sorry for any confusion. All is as it was.

Moses03;
I appreciate the "readjust"..
Salt-Air was helping me with the where's what's and how's of Duenna, Pre & Post Flight posts, etc. and I, well intentioned, posted to the wrong thread 8-o.. I did okay on everything else, tho ;-}
Charles (DHC120)