PDA

View Full Version : Beaver sound

lawdawg
October 18th, 2009, 07:24
Does anyone know of any aircraft, payware or otherwise that has a real good radial sound that sounds like a Beaver?
I have looked at freeware, and I am looking for a quality sound set. Banting's was good for it's time. Not what I am lookin for.
I have tried using A2A's P-47 sound. I think somewhat close, am looking for closer if ya know of any.
Thanks.

heywooood
October 18th, 2009, 07:35
I use the sound set from Miltons Spartan...:kilroy:

lawdawg
October 18th, 2009, 07:42
Thanks for the tip.
Nice looking plane. I am downloading. I'll give the sounds a shot.

wilycoyote4
October 18th, 2009, 11:18
Yes, the Beaver default sounds could be better, startup and idle (pock-eta, pock-eta, pock-eta) so I'll try the Spartan, too.:running::icon29::running:

lawdawg
October 18th, 2009, 13:35
I tried the Spartan sounds. And I will use those for the Spartan.
I guess I am way closer with the sounds I have.
What I have done is taken the P-47 sounds, then I exchanged the DHC-2 start up, fuel pump, flap (all from FS default Beaver...which sounds like the real deal) and some other particular sound I can't remember (I am gettin sometimers disease).
It sounds really good...to a point. I guess I am really picky and not skilled enough to fix it. The RPM2 sound from the P-47 just does not quite sound....well like the nice purr of the Beaver radial. Everything else is fantastic. I have tried to use an rpm sound(RPM3 I think) from the Fred Banting beaver to replace that one rpm sound from the P47 for gits an shiggles, but that screwed up the other sounds close by (if that makes sense).
But when ya give her throttle for takeoff and get in the air and pull back on the RPM and ease back on the gas....she sounds so good...beaver close. It's just that darn rpm2 sound I wish I knew how to tweak.
I posed the question cause I thought I could get some idea(s). And I thank you fellas for replying. I really appreciate it.
The search continues. If you are interested, ya might give what I did a shot. It does sound really good. Just that one spot that gets me. Maybe won't rub ya the same way.
Dawg