PDA

View Full Version : "Owl" help

Eoraptor1
October 17th, 2009, 08:48
Does anyone know of a CFS2 He-219 with Schrage Musik armament, preferably with an accompanying gunsight for this armament?

ALSO, is there a dedicated P-38J or L airfile anywhere? I've been making experimental airfiles for over a year, but the ones that formate properly don't attack targets, and the ones that attack targets don't formate properly. It's a problem I've not yet been able to solve.

Many thanks,

JAMES

oldwheat
October 17th, 2009, 09:36
I uploaded thiese with this sort of application in mind. You could copy & tweak the 'Gunstations" settings from Peperez' Randy download. Of course, there may be a schrage muzic He 219 somewhere out there.. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=oldwheat#download

Also,there is the Gryphon Owl: www.simviation.com/gryphon/cfs2/panels.htm which I believe has all the 'whistles & bells that you require.

Rami
October 17th, 2009, 10:41
Here is a P-38j: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=15120

Eoraptor1
October 17th, 2009, 11:54
Thank you gentlemen for your help. I already have a couple of nice Gryphon mods, and now the tubes. I'm positive now that I have at least one Owl dp that can fire obliquely upwards. (NOTE: If you're searching the net for DPs, MAKE SURE you type "CFS2 DP" into your search engines, otherwise you're likely to come up with results you didn't want...)

ATTN: Rami,

This is my mistake. I should have been more clear in my initial posting. I should have said dedicated AI airfile; something that can take off, formate, attack targets, and then land - a late J with aileron boost, or an L version. Thank you though for the link, I don't believe I had that particular J variant.

JAMES

Rami
October 17th, 2009, 11:59
What about Morton's Copley conversion?

Eoraptor1
October 19th, 2009, 12:14
What about Morton's Copley conversion?

I have that one, although I must say I like my own conversion better - nothing against Morton, his stuff is great; I just do things according to my own preference. (When I was struggling to convert the XP-38N, Dave Copley was nice enough to PM me and I've promised not to upload any of my tweaks to his planes anywhere without his permission.) I also like dcc's CFS2 airfile, as a player a/c. The one I'm using now is a hybrid of the CFS2 file patched with some of the values from his FS9 airfile. In any case, it makes a WIDE turn when ordered to do anything as an AI a/c. I ported the MOI from the stock P-38 into the modded airfile, keeping the values in the aircraft.cfg file the same, and this solved a lot of the formation problems, but the a/c still doesn't seem to want to attack anything. I also have an experimental airfile based on Ti Loup's P-38 Ai from his Corsair campaign, and this works very well and far as takeoffs, landings, and attacking targets, but is still sluggish as far as forming up properly. I've been working on it for some time, but I was without a properly functioning video card for most of the summer, and was also working with only one fully functional arm, having narrowly survived an assassination attempt by one of my kittens.

Thanks for answering, Rami,

JAMES