PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Autogen Trees

deimos256
October 17th, 2009, 07:04
I have been doing some testing with a problematic plane and I have found that while flying over desert areas with a little amount a vegetation everything is smooth, however if i fly in an area with a lot of trees it turns into stutter city, I recall when FSX came out there was some sort of download that tweaked the trees for better frames, is this still the case after the service packs? Thanks in advance for any help.

abrussell
October 17th, 2009, 08:54
You can find the tweak here.
Bruce

http://www.highflightsimulations.com/fsxcfg.html

fliger747
October 17th, 2009, 15:15
Autogen always has been a big processing load for FSX, though the Accel package sems to run quite well on my Quad Corps....

T.

BOOM
January 2nd, 2010, 21:57
Bruce,Thank you for the link.It really helped with my FPS and stutters.

Pips
January 6th, 2010, 23:23
Can I just clarify something?

The instruction say to:
After obtaining this file, go to your C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Autogen folder and perform the following:
Rename your "default" file to "default.bak"

In the d/load the file contained is the AutogenDescriptions.spb. So I'm guessing that when I unzip it to the FSX>Autogen folder it will overwrite the file of that same name. So what is the "dafault" file mentioned above? Is it the 4,926 KB XML Document?

guzler
January 8th, 2010, 11:50
That confused me too. I tried renaming the default file and it got rid of a load of trees, that just didn't impress me, so I left the default as it was. What I did do though was reduce the density settings for buildings and trees in my fsx.cfg file, cranked the slider up to max and got alot more trees without a hit on frame rates, really impressed with that function.

Dangerous Beans
January 8th, 2010, 13:23
It means you should rename the AutogenDescriptions.spb that's already there so the new one wont overwrite it. That way you can restore it if you don't like what the new one does.

Pips
January 8th, 2010, 16:09
Ah Hah! :pop4:

So the default file they are talking about is the original AutogenDescriptions.spb file. Now it makes sense. Many thanks. :)

By the by guzler what changes did you make to the density settings for buildings and trees in my fsx.cfg file?