PDA

View Full Version : Going shopping

Dougie
October 17th, 2009, 07:02
Hi,
I've got a bit of money to spend, so I went for a browse around the internet for a new airplane for FSX. The problem is I just can't decide. There are a lot of aircraft which look appealinog so I came to kindly ask of your opinion on what you found a great experience which made you coming back to fly it more.

I am searching for something whih has
1. Good systems modelling. Something a little more immersive than the Ctrl E aircraft.
2. Quite easy ont eh frame rates. Unfortunately I think that rules out most of aerosofts aircraft :( I would love to fly them but I'm a multiplayer person, not a single player person. I refuse to have a frame rate glutton on my screen.

The sort of thing I am looking for is a 1940 - 1980s (at latest) aircraft.
To be honest the Me 262 is looking very appealing to me at the moment. Skyunlimited's rendition that is.

Definitely suggest anything else from that criteris if you think it is just a "must have". I want to be coming back to my purchase every time I load up my aircraft thumbnails.

Cheers, Dougie :-)

dswo
October 17th, 2009, 07:18
Dougie, you want the L-39 Albatros. It's purpose-built for multiplayer.

kwmbFJPB0Cc
WcdXS5yMzpU

See also the AVSIM review here http://www.avsim.com/pages/0809/Lotus/L39.htm, the Ian Pearson review here http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/L39_albatros_review.htm, and the 1000+ response thread here the obscenely-long thread here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=19879.

Dougie
October 17th, 2009, 07:28
Unfortunately I have that haha...I knew someone was going to recommend it, and what a great aircraft it is indeed.
But thanks anyway.

Kiwikat
October 17th, 2009, 07:33
The A2A Cub or P-47! :ernae:

With Accusim of course.

Dougie
October 17th, 2009, 07:50
I was looking at the P-47 and the F-4U. They looked pretty good.
The Cub is too slow for my liking.

Have you any experience with either of those you mentions Kiwi...if so, how was it? :D

falcon409
October 17th, 2009, 07:53
The A2A Cub or P-47! With Accusim of course.
Yep those are great aircraft. I have the P-47 and love it. I also found the Cub an absolutely superb aircraft for the details in both the exterior and interior modeling and the immersiveness (is that a word?lol) of the accusim module. However, be forewarned that unless you enjoy very, very, very (lol) slow flight, you may not get around to enjoying the rest of the airplane. lol.
Two good choices though overall.

ryanbatc
October 17th, 2009, 08:08
I think the AS Catalina is easy on the fps

Kiwikat
October 17th, 2009, 08:17
I was looking at the P-47 and the F-4U. They looked pretty good.
The Cub is too slow for my liking.

Have you any experience with either of those you mentions Kiwi...if so, how was it? :D

The P-47 is pure genius. It is easily one of the best aircraft ever made for FS. I put it up there with the Cub, L-39, and the PMDG planes. :medals:

Dougie
October 17th, 2009, 09:03
I don't know about the catalina. It's at a good price, and certainly looks very good but I don't know if it is the aircraft for me. I'll definitely have a look at some videos and reviews I can find.

As for the P-47. I like the fact I can upgrade it with accusim. It's the really in depth systems which appeal to me. And the base package sin't dear at all.

jankees
October 17th, 2009, 09:37
P-47 all the way I'd say.
In my opinion it's still the best add-on you can buy, I can't think of a single negative thing. Even the price (with accusim), it may seem steep, but look at what you're getting.
Not convinced?
look at this:
http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=458&mode=&order=0&thold=0

and don't forget to watch the movies

Lateral-G
October 17th, 2009, 11:08
How about the IRIS F-16D?

-G-

Dougie
October 17th, 2009, 13:08
Jankees, that really does look very good. It has me bordering towards it. Although that me-262 just looks pretty. I'm still undecided.

G, I have the IRIS F-16D. It's a lovely aircraft. Frame rate friendly too. :D

jankees
October 17th, 2009, 13:42
Jankees, that really does look very good. It has me bordering towards it. Although that me-262 just looks pretty. I'm still undecided.

G, I have the IRIS F-16D. It's a lovely aircraft. Frame rate friendly too. :D

I have both.
No competition.

Thoe6969
October 17th, 2009, 14:44
I'm a prop man ,and usually not as slow as A2A's (A@A's) cub with accusim,but I find myself flying it more than any other plane.It makes low and slow a pure pleasure.