PDA

View Full Version : New Water Toy

aeromed202
October 17th, 2009, 05:02
Saw this today and it looks like fun. Who wants to make it, maybe with a pooch in the right seat?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=16124376&ch=4226722&src=news

Lionheart
October 17th, 2009, 05:18
I love that dash board. Its about time that aircraft interiors started to look modern and futuristic.

I saw a interview on this man yesterday. He is a ex-Airforce fighter pilot, I think a Falcon driver. Showed it taking off.

His strongest love in his project I believe is the folding wings. The hinge mechanism is pretty cool. Makes me think of the rugged Navy fighters that have folding wings. Once they are down, zip, the wings are folded up, like a bird in a way.

Bill

OBIO
October 17th, 2009, 05:53
I found the home page for the Icon A5. Super looking aircraft, fully amphibious, small enough to be towed on a "boat" trailer with the wings folded. Sounds nice.

http://www.iconaircraft.com/

OBIO

kilo delta
October 17th, 2009, 05:53
That second pic looks like a panel shot superimposed on the infamous artist's impression of DX10 preview in FSX.

Tom Clayton
October 17th, 2009, 06:04
So Bill - ya gonna bend some poly's to resemble one o' those???

Joe P
October 17th, 2009, 07:42
A5.zip @ Flightsim

cheezyflier
October 17th, 2009, 08:40
Who wants to make it, maybe with a pooch in the right seat?

hopefully it would be a beagle

mfitch
October 17th, 2009, 11:57
I looked at this a while back and was suitably impressed. It is a sport light plane meaning one only needs a SPL not a PPL to fly this. Of course it also means it carries only two people, little cargo, and flies slowly. It does sell for a reasonable price however (in comparison to other float planes).

OBIO
October 17th, 2009, 15:41
After reading up on the Icon A5, I started reading up on the LSA licensing...the only things that stands between me and real life flight are money and my wife. Flight training at a local airstrip, with instruction given by a member of the local flying club who is a CFI, will cost me about $1500....

I know I could get at least $2500 for my wife, maybe a bit more if I throw in the three sets of diamond rings I have bought her in our short 5 year marriage. That would get me my flight training and leave enough money for 20 hours of aircraft rental.

So, now I need to decide....do I want to fly for 20 hours or be married for the rest of my life. Decisions, decisions.

OBIO

aeromed202
October 20th, 2009, 17:07
Ok I saw this up for FSX. What does it take to make an FS9 version?