PDA

View Full Version : Our Church Singer is becoming famous

Lionheart
October 16th, 2009, 09:58
Hey all,

I just had to tell you. There is this young lady at our church with the most amazing voice. She can sing like you cannot believe. Her style is very unique and sends goosebumps up my spine when I listen to her music.

Well, her new CD just went into iTunes!!!!

:d

Her name is Kelly Mack. Ive had her first CD on my iPhone for quite a while now. Finally, they have official Album Art at iTunes.

There is a cool article on her here;

http://www.soul-audio.com/album-reviews/10-10-2008/kelly-mack/

Its wild to see someone you know (not closely know, but know as in seeing them once a week), to see them become famous. Another singer from our church became famous on that national TV show. She did awesome on that.

Small world.

So, if you want some calming Christian music, I highly recommend Kelly. Great, awesome musician and singer. Just beware of spine chills... You'll need a back scratcher..

Chacha
October 16th, 2009, 10:05
Yeah, She sings incredibly amazing!.... First time I heard her sing, I got blessed. She is so awesome....

Take a picture with her and an autograph, before she gets really famous!! :engel016:

I got that album, last night Take Me With You :applause:

Hals und Bein Bruch
October 16th, 2009, 23:48
...Yet ANOTHER reason churches are handy..! :applause:

Lionheart
October 17th, 2009, 05:14
I can only tell you that hearing her in person is nothing compared with her CD. Her voice in person is incredible. I havent heard anything like it. Kate Bush has some incredible pitches she can attain in her songs, but Kelly has this incredible finesse in her words. She plays that wooden guitar really well too.

Really a blessed inspiration..

:engel016:

Bill

Bjoern
October 17th, 2009, 07:54
Her music is...well...no comment here, but she looks hoooooooooooooot! :engel016:

Chacha
October 17th, 2009, 08:07
Hey Bjoern,

She is really a beautiful young lady, I have seen her in person, and yes, I have heard her sing in person as well. I was in her church a couple of times. There is something in her voice that you will get carried away... (she's annointed)

So, If I were you, Just be careful, a lightning may dart your way.... :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Lionheart
October 17th, 2009, 11:48
Her music is...well...no comment here, but she looks hoooooooooooooot! :engel016:

No worries Bjoern. There are some muscians I dont care for myself. We all have our own tastes in what we like to listen to.

Her CD really doesnt capture her actual voice well. I hope her next CD does a better job at capturing her amazing crispness she sings in. Really gives you goosebumps to hear her.

Bill

Bjoern
October 18th, 2009, 10:04
So, If I were you, Just be careful, a lightning may dart your way.... :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Heh. Never mind, I'm on a subscription for lightnings from upstairs. ;) :d

No worries Bjoern. There are some muscians I dont care for myself. We all have our own tastes in what we like to listen to.

Yeah.

Hey, I was thinking about a general "music" thread here in which we can present some cool bands and musicians or just saying what rocks our ears at the moment.

What do you think about that, Bill?
After all, you seem to be quite interested and curious when it comes to music. :mixedsmi:

Tako_Kichi
October 18th, 2009, 10:31
Hey, I was thinking about a general "music" thread here in which we can present some cool bands and musicians or just saying what rocks our ears at the moment.
People tend to use the 'Newshawks' thread for that or post it in the 'Canelo's Cantina' sub-forum. ;)

Dain Arns
October 18th, 2009, 10:43
Very nice, Bill. She has quite a lovely, soothing, voice. You need that sometimes during a day. God has really given your church and the rest of us quite a blessing with her. Thank you, God!

Bjoern
October 18th, 2009, 13:00
People tend to use the 'Newshawks' thread for that or post it in the 'Canelo's Cantina' sub-forum. ;)

Ah, must really venture into Canelo's one day. How's the beverages there? :icon_lol:

Lionheart
October 18th, 2009, 15:49

What do you think about that, Bill?
After all, you seem to be quite interested and curious when it comes to music. :mixedsmi:

So much new music and its all coming out in massive speed. So overwhelming. I try to listen to world music to see what all is coming out, new kinds of music, etc. Some really stand out to me, but hey, Im different.

I think its cool when people post some heads up on their fave singers, youtube movies, etc. Some are ok, some are brilliant, some are just not my style. Nothing wrong with that.

Bill

Chacha
October 18th, 2009, 16:41
Ah, must really venture into Canelo's one day. How's the beverages there? :icon_lol:

There's always freshly baked cookies and milk :engel016:

Tako_Kichi
October 18th, 2009, 17:12
I've seen lots of 'cookies' in the Cantina...not sure about the milk though....it may curdle the beer!

Chacha
October 18th, 2009, 19:41
cookies and beer... they don't go together :icon_lol:

maybe... fig newtons and beer (?)... :applause:

Bjoern
October 20th, 2009, 10:37
So much new music and its all coming out in massive speed.

Yep. This year already had over a dozen new realeases from bands I like. It's going to be really tough deciding about the "album of the year". :isadizzy:

What *kind* of cookies? :engel016: