PDA

View Full Version : OZx 3.0 Released!!

JayKae
October 16th, 2009, 04:02
Once again at the utmost risk of being called a spammer... another release :)

OZx is proud to announce OZx 3.0, the latest standalone version of our Australian scenery project. It introduces over 20 new fields and heliports, 13 water starts and ½ a dozen new VFR sceneries to the Aussie landscape to make a total of more than 300 OZx sceneries and airfields, not counting drillrigs and wheat silos. Add this to Ant's 30+ Freeware fields and ORBX's 8 Freeware and 9 Payware fields and you'll always have somewhere to explore. Let OZx take you further into your journey of discovery of our ancient land represented by the stunning ORBX FTX payware textures.

From the lush greens of Eastern Australia with tiny aerodromes like Old Bar and Coorooman Creek; through the fiery red outback with airfields that service the many mines such as Barrow Island and Shay Gap. Adventure into deserted strips like Taroom and Wandoan - seldom used except by the likes of the Royal Flying Doctor Service's iconic King Airs and PC12s.

Then continue your sojourn over the gold of the great western wheat belts with silos dotting the landscape from Esperance to Perth - rest at Collie, Katanning, Narrogin and others. Then let your wings soar over the azure of the Indian Ocean and the great North West Shelf searching for Legendre, Griffin Venture or some of the other huge oil rigs that harvest this black gold from deep beneath the ocean floor.

You will find the Australian landscape coming to life beneath you with mines like Broken Hill and Moura, Wolfe Creek Crater, huge salt pans and mighty wheat storage depots and terminals. Locate Kingfisher, Snapper, Cobia and many more lonley oil rigs toughing it out in Bass Strait where the frigid winds of the Antarctic scream their tortuous way northward. Watch these same winds blast Woolnorth windfarm on the north western coast of Tasmania with a freezing fury. Turn north again to fly at a more leisurely pace as you search for the numerous farm strips around the Blue Mountains west of Sydney.

So join us in the greatest FSX freeware project ever. Travel again through this vast land and experience the beauty and remote majesty of our harsh continent of extremes.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=8

Mithrin
October 16th, 2009, 04:20
Great, off to get the download started! Thanks a lot OzX Team!

txnetcop
October 16th, 2009, 04:42
Awesome...been waiting for this! Thank you and your team for their very hard work!
Ted

Henry
October 16th, 2009, 05:42
Thank you Sir! :applause::applause:
H

bushpilot
October 16th, 2009, 05:45
Noice one there mate:ernae::ernae:. Thanks a bunch:applause:

VFR Reviews
October 16th, 2009, 05:48
Thanks guys! I love these things :D

Carvalho
October 16th, 2009, 11:35
Thanks for the HU, JayKae!Downloading now.

JayKae
October 16th, 2009, 12:34
No worries guys, enjoy!

JimC1702
October 16th, 2009, 14:12
I'm unable to download it. I download the first file and run it, but the second download never starts. Just sits there at 0.

Jim

JayKae
October 16th, 2009, 14:19
The servers are being hit very hard please try it again in a little while, sorry mate

Pips
October 16th, 2009, 16:13
May I seek some clarification on the OZx concept? I haven't bought any of the DVD's as yet as I haven't the system to run them. But Ted has given me an excellent (short term) solution so once that happens, look out FSX!! :jump:

Anyways my question is ..... is OZx a revamp of the standard FSX Australian landscape, or of the airports? Or both? Being in Canberra I do a lot of my flying (invariably low and slow) in and around the region. And improvements in the landscape is (to me) more important than airports. For example Canberra in standard FSX is awful. So any improvemenst there would be most welcome. Cheers. :)

anthony31
October 16th, 2009, 16:38
Pips

The OZx concept is to provide freeware airports and landmarks for an Australia that has been improved with the FTX payware textures. This is different from VOZ for FS9 where the ground textures were part of VOZ.

For FSX FTX provides ground textures and landclass, redone coastlines and new tree and building autogen textures. They are a bit pricey (when compared to the cost of FSX but about equal to other similar addon scenery packages) but well worth the money as it turns the awful default FSX representation of Australia into something much closer to the real thing.

OZx provides photoreal airports that blend with the FTX textures so for the best effect you have to buy the FTX textures. Having said that, you should still be able to install OZx without FTX although it won't look as good.

Pips
October 16th, 2009, 16:40
Oops! .... am I confusing OZx with FTX? :kilroy:

anthony31
October 16th, 2009, 16:59
Possible Pips. If you already have FTX then get OZx (yeah and get my stuff as well, it includes Cooma and Polo Flat. Used to live in Canberra myself :) ).

JamesChams
October 16th, 2009, 19:16
Once again at the utmost risk of being called a spammer... another release :)

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=8

Mr. Jay Kae "Bat Man",

This is really awesome! :pop4::applause:
I can't get my mind :isadizzy:around the fact that this (being FREEWARE) is better than and FAR more in content/quantity than most payware products. I just spent a few minutes reading the v3.0 manual (while downloading) and am very impressed that you are even using AM stations for NDB navigation; can you listen to the broadcasts, too, over the audio panel's ident/Volume (squelch) buttons? If, so, that would be really awesome and reminds me of many a (real) VFR flight doing just that here in the U.S.

One other quick question; Is HolgerMesh already part of this installation? I have FSGlobal2008 (and soon 2010) so I didn't manually install it. Do I have to, now?

Again, really nice work and thank you to all the team! :applause:

Pips
October 16th, 2009, 21:11
Thanks for clearing that up Ant. At this stage I don't have either, but once I've sorted my computer upgrade I'll grab both! And I won't forget your add-ons, I've been eyeing them off for ages. :)

JayKae
October 16th, 2009, 22:59
Hmmm I am not sure about that one, I would have to ask one of the boys because I have not had time to fly for a single minute in the last 48 hours, been too busy with the release and trying to catch a few zzzz's lol .. by the way for anyone who had some download problems, the servers are evening out load now so please try it again.

Also anyone who needs a seperate download link just PM me and ask and you shall get one from me ASAP :)

JayKae
October 16th, 2009, 23:00
PS HolgerMESH is not part of that install

JamesChams
October 16th, 2009, 23:10
Mr. Jay Kae,

PS HolgerMESH is not part of that install
OK, Thanks! But, still a little confused. I'm still downloading (59mins+ remaining)... Am I going to have "issues" because the manual states this... (Please see Pic. attached)

boxcar
October 16th, 2009, 23:24
Hi James,

This may be a good place to begin learning more about Holger Sandmann's terrain mesh for Australia:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=231&t=70648

JayKae
October 17th, 2009, 00:10
Yeah as boxcar said but if you do not install it... you will have some issues with height etc in Australia

JamesChams
October 17th, 2009, 00:22
Mr. Jay Kae,

So what you and Mr. "Boxcar" are saying is that despite having FSGlobal2008 installed, I will also NEED HolgerMesh installed as well; am I correct in my understanding?

I know it seems silly but from the FTX Forums, I was under the impression that if you had FSGlobal installed you should NOT install HolgerMesh; Has that changed? I DON'T see it indicated anywhere that this has changed, thus, I ask...

Holger Sandmann
October 17th, 2009, 08:51
Hi James,

FSGlobal, FSGenesis, and my mesh files are all derived from the same Shuttle Radar source data so they are pretty much identical. The difference is in those areas where the source data had spikes or holes: each developer uses different approaches to deal with those. Having said that Australia doesn't have many issues in the source data so the differences would be limited to a few locations, primarily in mountainous terrain.

In short, you don't need to install my mesh files as long as you keep in mind that there are minor differences here and there. And there is no incompatibility with other mesh files so they happily live together on your HD (the HolgerMesh should be at a higher display priority in the scenery library).

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: Congrats to the entire OZx team for releasing v3!!!

JamesChams
October 17th, 2009, 15:58
Thank you all, Gents, for trying to be helpful. :wavey:

Mr. Holger Sandmann,

...FSGlobal... you don't need to install my mesh files ...And there is no incompatibility with other mesh files so they happily live together on your HD (the HolgerMesh should be at a higher display priority in the scenery library)....Thank you for explaining it to me in a more precise (detailed) way... I must admit that I was a little confused from reading posts from the past. I have NEVER installed OZx before. And, since I have >1TB of payware Addons on my current system and no way to back it up again and recover it should anything go wrong (as Norton's Ghost 14 NO longer works in Vista 64 since July'09) so I'm a little cautious when it comes to many FREEWARE packages; better to be safe than sorry, in my book. I was also aware from reading a post regarding the FSAddon Tongrass X Payware, that HolgerMesh replaced some default files instead of just adding to them (for various reasons) and so, I am also asking to be sure that I don't mistakenly mess things up on my side due to a lack of knowledge. Thank you for putting my mind at rest and now I can look forward to install the >2.2GB OZx files that took >3 hours to download.

Cheers, Gents! :wavey:

Hanimichal
October 18th, 2009, 08:21
Don't work for me!

http://i.imagehost.org/0561/new-1.jpg (http://i.imagehost.org/view/0561/new-1)

http://i.imagehost.org/0814/new-2.jpg (http://i.imagehost.org/view/0814/new-2)

Win7 64bit

JayKae
October 18th, 2009, 12:04
lol that is because they are not AFCADed mate, you are going to actually have to go and find them :)

JayKae
October 19th, 2009, 18:05
For those people that could not download earlier if you now go to the OZx download page, you will now have a direct link and also for those people that have Rapidshare, the rapidshare links :)

robcap
October 24th, 2009, 15:15
Hi Jay,

At the moment the download seems not to be available at the moment from your site.:blind:

Later, Rob

JayKae
October 24th, 2009, 17:34
Hi Jay,

At the moment the download seems not to be available at the moment from your site.:blind:

Later, Rob

Hey mate,

Have a look http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4301 , it is a major hassle at the moment, something wrong with the DNS at the moment. :( Sorry about the convenience

Jay

Alexraptor
October 25th, 2009, 02:49
Any point in getting it if one does not have any of the FTX addons?

robcap
October 25th, 2009, 05:09
Seems to work again, downloading now.

Cheers, Rob

JayKae
October 25th, 2009, 11:56
@Alex yes, there is, blending is based on FTX background but the actual aerodromes are just as nice in vanilla X as they are in X with FTX :)

Alexraptor
October 26th, 2009, 03:54
Great stuff :D

Cazzie
October 26th, 2009, 06:24
Waiting in line for my download at Rapidshare as usual mates. Had a splendid weekend at the races at Martinsville, both of which were won by fellow Virginians. :jump:

What better time to take a flight in Oz too, eh? :medals::icon29:

Caz