PDA

View Full Version : A2A Simulations 377 SP1

Lewis-A2A
October 26th, 2008, 01:16
Hello ladies and Gentlemen and cyborg tech freaks,... looking in your direction Ted!

It has recently come to our attention that we have been rather quiet recently and that it appears we have vanished after unleashing Accu-sim.

Well no more, we have been pretty busy adding to the 377 and Accu-sim many new things that have been combined to form a Service Pack. SP1 will naturally be a free download for the 377 flyers.

I do not want to go into too many details as its a massive update with too many upgrades to name in one post.

Scott has made a nice little video for you to see here:(PS notice the 'fake' glasses to make him look intelligent :kilroy:)

http://www.a2asimulations.com/wingsofsilver/movies/377_SP1_Dev_1.zip

Okie Dokie, that's it for now and Ive tied up the guys otherwise they wouldnt stop on the 377. We have another Wings of Silver Aircraft in development for those wondering which will not only meet the 377 but surpass it for quality.

Warbird fans?... Well if you didnt know the P47 is being Fully FSX'ed and accu-simmed to make it our second aircraft to experience the accu-sim technology. This will be followed up by other warbirds getting the Accu-sim treatment as well as some whole new models from us.... lets just say our fondness for warbirds is still alive and kicking, twice more than before.

As the waiter said to the customer, oh bugger Ive dropped the plate and managed to bumble on for a lenthgy post. Well reader I apologise and will now sign off with a sorry and a 'oh here have some screenshots.'

Cheers,
Lewis

harleyman
October 26th, 2008, 02:15
Where's the video? I was hoping to see it...:banghead:

Epsillon
October 26th, 2008, 02:42
notice the 'fake' glasses to make him look intelligent

http://www.a2asimulations.com/wingso..._sp1_dev1a.jpg (http://www.a2asimulations.com/wingsofsilver/forumscreenshots/377/377_sp1_dev1a.jpg)

Notice the 'fake' video to make us look idiot :costumes:

Lewis-A2A
October 26th, 2008, 03:15
Sorry guys, I'm a massive wally.

Sorted now :kilroy:

Tim-HH
October 26th, 2008, 03:43
Great video! The new aluminum looks absolutely amazing! :applause:

We have another Wings of Silver Aircraft in development for those wondering which will not only meet the 377 but surpass it for quality.

Wonderful news! Please give us a hint about the new WoS plane :icon_lol:

Greetings
Tim

IanP
October 26th, 2008, 03:44
I'm sure you're only a middle-sized wally really. :d

Thanks auld chap! Jolly good show, what?!

Ian P.

JT8D-9A
October 26th, 2008, 03:56
Wow:jump::jump: :applause::applause:
Now i only need more time to fly it more regularely.
Really impressive work!

Lewis-A2A
October 26th, 2008, 03:59
The new WOS aircraft and the accu-sim P47 are now ready to be developed independantly on the solid 377 base.

Accu-sim Boeing 377 SP1 provides simulation of flight like no other aircraft. With the none accu-sim version providing the basic flight envelope that can be achieved using default FSX values Accu-sim SP1 brings you all new in house development to make sure that you fly the aircraft as they are meant to be flown,. Keep an eye on those gauges and follow the correct steps to manage them as they may well come back to haunt you.

With all new reports, and a full randomisation system, how long can you run an engine for before an overhaul? and more importantly will it be mechanical failure due to pilot error or because the boys got lazy on the factory floor?

jmig
October 26th, 2008, 04:53
Lewis, You have an interesting and infectious way of writing that I find amusing and uplifting. Your starter post brought a smile to my face and a chuckle to my vocal cords.

Oh, that was a compliment, btw. :costumes:

BananaBob
October 26th, 2008, 05:34
Wow, love the look of that natural metal finish!! After working with the GlobalEnvTest.dds and Chrome files, I'm curious if you guys do your own or if it is done through the modeling? Looks excellent!! :applause::applause::applause:

deimos256
October 26th, 2008, 05:37
I almost picked up the p-47 but ended up switching to FSX, put me down for the accu-bolt as im going to call it!

MudMarine
October 26th, 2008, 05:45
Really looking forward to the Accu-Sim P-47!!:jump::applause: Don't get me wrong, the 377 is awesome but I'm a fighter jock at heart!

ErnstF
October 26th, 2008, 06:24
Impressive stuff and superb news,......but how are you guys making a video like that!!??

txnetcop
October 26th, 2008, 06:40
Just wait until you see the level of realism that has brought to bear with B377-SP1. Scott has assembled a top notch group on his development and beta-testing team. This has really been a pleasure to witness first-hand.
Ted

chinookmark
October 26th, 2008, 08:10
With all new reports, and a full randomisation system, how long can you run an engine for before an overhaul? and more importantly will it be mechanical failure due to pilot error or because the boys got lazy on the factory floor?

Forgive me if I missed this part, but does this mean we have to maintain the airplane between flights, as well?

stiz
October 26th, 2008, 08:13
Sorry guys, I'm a massive wally.

Sorted now :kilroy:

thats what you get for "exerciseing" your arm all the time :costumes:

(For those that dont know lewis owns a pub!! ;))

Panther_99FS
October 26th, 2008, 08:23
Folks,
A2A is in a league of their own....

When they can come out with an aircraft as detailed as this and yet have framerates better than the Bush Hawk......Need I say any more?

Hats off to A2A....:ernae:

guzler
October 26th, 2008, 11:20
Lewis, I hope all this Accusim stuff isn't distracting you from getting that P-51 upgraded to FSX like you have done with the other fighters from the pack ??? :ernae:

Lewis-A2A
October 26th, 2008, 11:40
The P-51 is going to come later, in the form of a big rebuild and of course have the option for accu-sim.

However that is down the road due to the rebuild taking time, for now we have the wonderful 377 that is a nice introduction to the Accu-sim experience and a damn nice challenge too :d

CodyValkyrie
October 26th, 2008, 11:59
Lewis, don't you think you are teasing them enough?

Nick C
October 26th, 2008, 12:15
I'm very impressed with the potential of this update.

Having bought the plane on the day of it's release, believe it or not, today was the first day I managed to sit down and read enough of the manual to get her off the ground. I'm most impressed with the systems and performance. Great work!

Dangerous Beans
October 26th, 2008, 12:25
Looking fantastic :applause:

The only critisism I had of the original model was the lack of shine on the bare metal. Well you've fixed that and then some.

Love the early BOAC paint, I hope thats part of the update.

Lewis-A2A
October 26th, 2008, 12:29
Looking fantastic :applause:

The only critisism I had of the original model was the lack of shine on the bare metal. Well you've fixed that and then some.

Love the early BOAC paint, I hope thats part of the update.

Of course it is, and talking of frame rates the model has of course had time to be optimised further.

guzler
October 26th, 2008, 13:01
Lewis, don't you think you are teasing them enough?

LOL, bloody damn right !

I have so many repaints on my mustang, looks like I will have to wait. Looking forward to seeing the SP1 revisions on the 377 in the meantime :jump:

Panther_99FS
October 26th, 2008, 13:04
Of course it is, and talking of frame rates the model has of course had time to be optimised further.

Lewis,
This is where A2A is waaay ahead of all the other payware vendors.

You folks put together absolutely stunning models and yet your FPS pretty much beat everyone else...:ernae:

Lewis-A2A
October 26th, 2008, 13:11
Optimisation wise we have one of the best guys in the business, and thats the business of 3D Modelings for Computer Apps not just the FS world :d

SirBenn21
October 26th, 2008, 13:37
I've been on the fence with this one for a long time. Maybe it's time to wip out the Credit card.

...... looks nervously in the direction of his wife watching telly ... as the hand moves slowly towards the wallet. :d

Ben

ICDP
October 26th, 2008, 14:45
Wow, love the look of that natural metal finish!! After working with the GlobalEnvTest.dds and Chrome files, I'm curious if you guys do your own or if it is done through the modeling? Looks excellent!! :applause::applause::applause:

We did exactly what you did BananaBob. We realised that the default GlobalEnv file was not giving a natural reflection to bare metal and made a more realistic GlobalEnv file. Rather than replace the original file we simply created a new one unique to the B377 model.

BananaBob
October 26th, 2008, 14:57
We did exactly what you did BananaBob. We realised that the default GlobalEnv file was not giving a natural reflection to bare metal and made a more realistic GlobalEnv file. Rather than replace the original file we simply created a new one unique to the B377 model.

Yeah, the grass in the default looks horrible and made the reflection on chrome look strange, in my opinion. You guys do great work!! :medals::medals:

MudMarine
October 26th, 2008, 18:23
I've been on the fence with this one for a long time. Maybe it's time to wip out the Credit card.

...... looks nervously in the direction of his wife watching telly ... as the hand moves slowly towards the wallet. :d

Ben

On the fence with over the greatest aircraft add-on for FSX yet? I think it's time you jumped!:costumes:

CodyValkyrie
October 28th, 2008, 05:42

Ben
Did you get it? If you did, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it.

EgoR64
October 28th, 2008, 08:40
Hi Lewis,

Very cool, A great bird just got better. Looking forward to the service pack.

Is the P-47 accu-sim, a seperate purchase ?

Cheers

Wingnut172N
October 28th, 2008, 16:05
Hey Louis,

Just a couple questions about the update:

1.) Will it fix the nose gear doors? I.E. will they be closed when the nose gear is down?

2.) Is there a C-97 or KC-97 model included?? I would think this is a huge opportunity as it is where the majority of 377 airframes served.

Thanks! This is looking like an incredible update to an already incredible package!

Evan