PDA

View Full Version : Bought a PS3...

Daycab
October 15th, 2009, 16:01
Not sure if this counts as hardware, but it's as close as I can get.

Since our DVD player died, the wifey and I decided we would go out and get a PS3 to replace it with. We figured we could put some movies and pics on the HD, have a Blu-Ray player, and games to boot. Actually games are the least important feature on it to us...

So can anyone tell me how to work this thing? :) I'm a reasonably intelligent guy, but this is a bit overwhelming at first.

If you do have a PS3, are you happy with it? We bought the 120Gb slim...

daycab :icon34:

hey_moe
October 15th, 2009, 16:48
I brought one and like it a lot. I don't know why it is but the BR HD movies look better on the Sony palystation than on a standard BR player.

DB93
October 22nd, 2009, 15:03
I've actually got 2 of them, because I haven't found another Blu-Ray player that was better or had more features than the PS3. The fact that it plays games is a bonus, but the Blu-Ray movies look fantastic on it, the built-in wifi and/or ethernet ports make it easy to update the firmware, and I think it does a better job of streaming video from my local media server than my xbox does.

As for using it, pop in a movie disk, go to the Video heading of the XMB, then just scroll through the list until you find the movie, then press X. While the movie is playing, you can press the triangle to bring up the on-screen player controls. R1 skips to the next track/file, while L1 jumps to the previous track. Finally, R2 and L2 will perform Fast Forward and Rewind functions. Pressing them additional times increases the speed of the Fast Forward or Rewind. Then just press X to resume playback. :)

Hope this info helps you, if you haven't already figured all that out. Enjoy your PS3!

-George