PDA

View Full Version : pilots???

smilo
October 14th, 2009, 11:44
I have just spent the past few hours searching for CFS pilots.
all I could find were the MG_Pilots set for CFS2.
I even looked in my old email archives,
way back when, I had a conversation with PJ Dunbar
who made a set or was going to. I can't remember.

does anyone have something decent that I could use?
please

I grow tired of looking at an empty cockpit.

minuteman10
October 15th, 2009, 08:16
...my picture is on the way....:icon_lol:

hubbabubba
October 16th, 2009, 05:08
...my picture is on the way....:icon_lol:

Is it the one with the three-cornered hat and the musket, MM?:kilroy:

More seriously, smilo, a "one size fit all" pilot does not exist. It depends on the actual scale of the a/c, the portion visible (head, torso, from tip to toes...), and, especially for AF99, the parts' count left.

To start to have something resembling vaguely a human face - even more so a human body - 3D experts are using more polygons than I have used in creating my planes!

Stock CFS1 heads look like unshaved clowns, at least to my taste, but they are still the best looking pilots I've seen (sorry Ivan).

P.J. Dunbar was on its way to Africa to rejoin his wife the last time I heard of him.

Sorry:173go1:

Ivan
October 16th, 2009, 19:35
Hi Hubbabubba,

No offense taken. I still prefer the look of my pilots over others I have seen. To me, they are a good balance between resources and appearance.

PJ Dunbar actually repainted one of my pilots to look pretty much like the unshaved stock CFS pilot you described. Excellent work, but I didn't like it.

De gustibus non est disputandum.

- Ivan.

hubbabubba
October 17th, 2009, 22:29
On ne discute pas du choix des goûts et des couleurs.

When I was young (in another century!), I had a pretty extensive collection of "Matchbox miniatures cars" that I collected patiently with the little money I could make doing small deliveries.

None of them had a figurine into, and it never bothered me: I was the driver. Same thing with CFS a/c. I'm the pilot.

The only time I would like to see a pilot is in the cockpit of AI aircraft, and you have to be darn close!

During WWII, most pilots took comfort in the ludicrous idea that they were shooting at machine, not human being, the Canadian Beurling being one of the few exception (but he was a bit of psychopath...).see HERE (http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/beurling/beurling.htm)

Ivan
October 18th, 2009, 19:04
I even put pilots in the plastic models I build!

I am also looking for a replacement for an old Johnny Lightning car I had when I was young (Purple Topper Ferrari) and also a Orange Matchbox Mustang (1965 or 1966) that had a black painted chassis, green windows and an engine with supercharger sticking through the hood.

Glad to know you collect them too!
- Ivan.

P.S. I'll be glad to put your face onto the pilot's texture!

hubbabubba
October 18th, 2009, 22:07
Unfortunately, Ivan, this collection no longer exist...:kilroy:

To make a long story short; I was keeping my toys (and my precious collection) in a chest at grandma's house, next to ours.

But, when we left Montréal for Laval, in the suburbs, I had to bring with me my toys. My younger brother eventually broke into the chest and smashed all my Matchbox with a hammer while I was at school. Those not flat enough to his taste, he threw in a manhole.:frown:

I had almost all of them, even the very rare #1, a steam-roller. One of our neighbour got himself a pretty decent collection once he went in the gutter to salvage what was salvageable...

At least, with computer models, a hammer is harmless...:rolleyes:

Ivan
October 22nd, 2009, 13:23
Sorry about your collection Hubbabubba.

I don't really "Collect" Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars but I do have several hundred, mostly in the package. There are a few older cars that I would like to get eventually to replace those from my childhood:

Johnny Lightning Topper Custom Ferrari (Purple)
Matchbox Lesney No 8B Wild Cat Dragster (Orange Mustang)
Matchbox Lesney No 7A Ford Refuse Truck

You can see from the aircraft painting thread that I have a bunch of custom action figures. The action figures take more of my free time these days than anything else because my kids are also involved with their Joes and Barbies.

- Ivan.