Oooooooo. Wonder what their up to?

David

Pepere
October 13th, 2009, 15:30
I'm always late with news?

David :kilroy:

heywooood
October 13th, 2009, 15:32
sounds good - nothing is ever wasted...especially experience.

good to see the Aces people are going to keep swingin' the hammer.

I look forward to that first project and demo. :icon29:

crashaz
October 13th, 2009, 15:37
I don't know... but I will buy it anyways. That talent pool that MS let walk out the door was amazing!!

Lots of talent there and I have met Rick before.. good guy.

Can't wait to hear more of what they have in mind... not limited to only trains and planes!!

Lionheart
October 13th, 2009, 17:02
This is awesome news!

No more stress from MS. No more stupid constraints and time elements, restrictions, and other drag downs to deal with.

I hope they do awesome and their creations are first rate and the best around...

And I wish them massive success!

Sweet freedom! When MS comes knocking on their doors, I hope they are smart enough to lock the door and not open it.. ;)

Bill

cheezyflier
October 13th, 2009, 18:35
Sweet freedom! When MS comes knocking on their doors, I hope they are smart enough to lock the door and not open it.. ;)

Bill

:applause:

Gibbage
October 13th, 2009, 18:58
Honestly, its a bit of a suprise to me. Ill be handing them in my resume for sure though. Also, if anyone does have any info, I doubt they would be inclined to share it, since it would be risking there job or possible future job. Just saying. :monkies:

heywooood
October 13th, 2009, 19:19
it'll be tough row to hoe as I'm sure M/S has crazy proprietary paranoia and will be all up in this new groups' bidniz looking for infringement etc...

Gibbage
October 13th, 2009, 21:21
Ya. Im sure MS's legad dept wont let this happen without taking a long hard look into there rights. A lot of people sign non-comete agreements when working at studio's. I dont know if MS is one of them. I had to sign one when I worked at Interplay. Also, they cant use any code from MSFS, and quite frankly, there is no engine out there that can simulate a WORLD. The big ones, like Crysis, Unreal, and Quake can only simulate a small pacific island at best, and thats not even with real world physics, gauges, and everything needed just to fly an aircraft.

Trust me. As someone who personally knows how hard it is to try and get a sim to market, they have a long hard road ahead of them. I personally wish them the best of luck. As I always say, with compatition, the customer always wins.