PDA

View Full Version : Former Aces members sets a new studio

empeck
October 13th, 2009, 12:38
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25633

Best wishes to Rick and other guys.

wantok
October 13th, 2009, 12:42
Wow, this is great news indeed. Looking forward to expansion of current simulation platform.:ernae:

cheezyflier
October 13th, 2009, 13:37
is it me, or did that not really say much? still, knowing former aces are involved, it would seem initially to be good news. :applause:

gera
October 13th, 2009, 13:43
lets hope MS wonīt get in the way of these people. MS is not a church with good deeds behind them....letīs wish the best to them and cross our fingers that they come back with a new sim...even if we have to start all over!!!!!....LOL....:ernae:

harleyman
October 13th, 2009, 13:44
Hmmmm

It was real vague at best...

But promising ...!

vstudios
October 13th, 2009, 13:49
"“If you love simulations, the news is going to get better and better,” hints Selby."

Fingers crossed they are talking about Flight Simulation. However, they've stated that they are currently working on a demo :kilroy:

empeck
October 13th, 2009, 13:54
"“If you love simulations, the news is going to get better and better,” hints Selby."

Fingers crossed they are talking about Flight Simulation.

Fingers crossed they are talking about Train Simulation too ;). With whole planet, like the second TS2 was supposed to be. Oh, new flight simulator would be nice too :ernae:

ryanbatc
October 13th, 2009, 14:08
Yep this is good news. The more flight simulation platforms the better..... We'll see what Aerosoft comes up with.

heywooood
October 13th, 2009, 16:04
Fingers crossed they are talking about Train Simulation too ;). With whole planet, like the second TS2 was supposed to be. Oh, new flight simulator would be nice too :ernae:

+1 :kilroy:

X_eidos2
October 13th, 2009, 18:21
Having worked on several titles that never saw a store shelf or an internet download, I've learned that starting a great project is the easy, exciting part. Getting it finished and working right is extremely hard. I hope they are successful and that they make it semi-easy to build add-ons that don't require 3d modeling programs that cost thousands of dollars.

CodyValkyrie
October 13th, 2009, 18:26
X_eidos2 is perfectly correct. I myself have also been in the category of working on several projects that never saw the light of day.

So... what's everyone going to do when MS announces a new simulator? :D

cheezyflier
October 13th, 2009, 18:31
X_eidos2 is perfectly correct. I myself have also been in the category of working on several projects that never saw the light of day.

yawn, that's what i'll be doing. they have already all but stated that it will be a windows live thing.

N2056
October 13th, 2009, 18:32
I'll be doing the same thing I'm doing now :wiggle:

Gibbage
October 13th, 2009, 19:02
Ya. Dont expect a "demo" in the terms of something the public can download. Its standard for a new company to make a demo (sometimes a video, like Mech Warrior 5) and try and sell it to publishers. Reading the press release, it looks like they dont have a publisher yet.

SpaceWeevil
October 13th, 2009, 22:10

Probably decide that I STILL don't want an X-Box.

falcon409
October 14th, 2009, 04:30
is it me, or did that not really say much? still, knowing former aces are involved, it would seem initially to be good news.
Yea, my thoughts as well. I don't think anyone should assume anything right now. These folks didn't bring anything away from the work they were doing with MS except their talent. Microsoft will be watching them like a hawk, just waiting to see what their initial betas look like and their legal department will be tasked to ensure that nothing of it even resembles anything that stayed with Microsoft.

There are a lot of other "Simulations" besides Flight, so I don't read into that that they are necessarily talking about Flight Simulator. My guess is that what we have right now, is what we will have for some time to come.

As for Microsoft releasing anything in the future regarding Flight Simulators, especially a "Windows Live", pay as you fly system. . . . . .that's when Flight Simulator will cease to be enjoyable and I'll find other interests.