PDA

View Full Version : Classic Cessna 180

expat
October 13th, 2009, 02:24
With the dozens of other Cessna models available, I wish Carenado or someone would consider doing an updated one of these + one on floats would be heavenly . .

kilo delta
October 13th, 2009, 02:45
I think that Bill (Lionheart) had considered building a classic Cessna....only to be shot down by over zealous licensing fees. Such a shame,really.

BananaBob
October 13th, 2009, 03:03
Yeah, I love the look of this Cessna and would love to do a photoreal of liveries like the one above, they look so good in that shined metal, so if anyone does build one, you got a painter. :ernae:

anatolpopov
October 13th, 2009, 03:46
Expat, you're 100% right.

Reddog
October 13th, 2009, 05:39
With the dozens of other Cessna models available, I wish Carenado or someone would consider doing an updated one of these + one on floats would be heavenly . .
and with amphibs would be even better:jump:
Abacus does have a C185 on wheels and floats that's not to bad. think it's one of there 10 dollarUS planes and i got it on sale for 7.50

spotlope
October 13th, 2009, 05:52
Mmm, a 180 in bare, dinged-up metal with fat bush tires. Now there's a plane. Someday, hopefully someone will do one.

bushpilot
October 13th, 2009, 06:11
Now there's an idea for a hit addon. Also ski model would be okay for me:engel016:. Maybe Lionheart can make us Cissna 180:wavey:.

To think what kind of variety of repaint possibilities it would have:icon29:.

CBris
October 13th, 2009, 06:47
It would be nice except that all Cessna in flight sim are probably illegal except for the FSX default planes.

Cessna is one of those companies who demand horrendous fees frem FSX modellers. I wouldn't be surprised if even Car****o models are "legal". Such a pity! There are quite a few planes out there worth building except for a restrictive and unknowing design rights holder.

Oh well...

expat
October 13th, 2009, 06:47
These things are subjective, however I am pleased to see that others share a liking for this one. To me - I prefer the pre-64 two windows per side models - it has very nice lines and seems the perfect period cross over - as a straight finned, tail dragger from the post war era, together with the sleeker lines around the front, looking similar to all the subsequent "modern" single engine planes Cessna has made.

Now with all the brain power and creative talent here, there ought to be a way to get 'round a bunch of minnow-minded, party pooping IP lawyers . . . hmmm . . . ;)

hews500d
October 13th, 2009, 07:08
These things are subjective, however I am pleased to see that others share a liking for this one. To me - I prefer the pre-64 two windows per side models - it has very nice lines and seems the perfect period cross over - as a straight finned, tail dragger from the post war era, together with the sleeker lines around the front, looking similar to all the subsequent "modern" single engine planes Cessna has made.

Now with all the brain power and creative talent here, there ought to be a way to get 'round a bunch of minnow-minded, party pooping IP lawyers . . . hmmm . . . ;)

I prefer the two windows model also and agree this plane has been overlooked for too long! I have a suggestion that may spark some interest ??? in "us" payware developers.

Ok here goes.... What I would like to propose is that several of us come together and "donate" our time and talents to create the ultimate freeware Cessna 180 (that is if anyone doesn't think it would be illegal in the eyes of Cessna Aircraft.) I certainly wouldn't mind contributing some time adding 3d gauges, vc work, etc as I feel this is my strongest area in modeling for FSX. Others that are more "talented" in 3d design work, flight dynamics work, etc could "chip in" and lend their talents where needed in air files, exterior models, texturing, etc. If we split the work among several individuals that way it wouldn't be too time consuming for just one person so we could all continue our other projects too.

Just a thought..

Darrell
Experimental Aircraft Works

kilo delta
October 13th, 2009, 08:44
I prefer the two windows model also and agree this plane has been overlooked for too long! I have a suggestion that may spark some interest ??? in "us" payware developers.

Ok here goes.... What I would like to propose is that several of us come together and "donate" our time and talents to create the ultimate freeware Cessna 180 (that is if anyone doesn't think it would be illegal in the eyes of Cessna Aircraft.) I certainly wouldn't mind contributing some time adding 3d gauges, vc work, etc as I feel this is my strongest area in modeling for FSX. Others that are more "talented" in 3d design work, flight dynamics work, etc could "chip in" and lend their talents where needed in air files, exterior models, texturing, etc. If we split the work among several individuals that way it wouldn't be too time consuming for just one person so we could all continue our other projects too.

Just a thought..

Darrell
Experimental Aircraft Works

I can't see Cessna(tm) having a problem with that idea...so long as it doesn't become a commercial product, in which case they'll want your soul!
Excellent suggestion,Darrell :ernae:

NoNewMessages
October 13th, 2009, 08:45
... except that all Cessna in flight sim are probably illegal except for the FSX default planes.

Different genre of plane, but the Flight1 Cessna Mustang isn't "illegal", nor will the C162 that they have mentioned is being worked on.

hews500d
October 13th, 2009, 11:49
Excellent suggestion,Darrell :ernae:

Thanks! I actually started work on a Cessna 170 several years ago and I swear the exterior model was the hardest thing, didn't seem like I could EVER get it looking good around the windshield area :isadizzy:. Maybe we'll have some takers, who knows. :icon29:

Darrell

Naki
October 13th, 2009, 13:20
Somebody was talking about making one over at FS Addon

http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewtopic.php?t=2171&start=0

BananaBob
October 13th, 2009, 13:23
Just call it something different and let the painters put Ce$$na on it for free, untouchable.

expat
October 13th, 2009, 15:00
Just call it something different and let the painters put Ce$$na on it for free, untouchable.

Bob - I think you are spot on - if it's called something different and free I don't think there is a big legal/IP issue - b/t/w I am an attorney (not an IP one) but don't really like many lawyers . .

If we split the work among several individuals that way it wouldn't be too time consuming for just one person so we could all continue our other projects too.

Darrell - a gang tackle/team effort is exactly how these get done as first class freeware and we would be grateful for your generous offer of your time and talent. Wish I could contribute something more than cheerleading. This is how the SOH built the mighty A-26 Invader in short order. Real shame our fearless leader on that one, Sir Milton has since retired . .

heywooood
October 13th, 2009, 15:37
I would love to have one...a 170... a 180... a 195 especially - I would pay for a carenado level or better model of any of those. :ernae:

Odie
October 13th, 2009, 17:12
Maybe a donationware project??

hews500d
October 13th, 2009, 17:31
Maybe a donationware project??

That would be good! With all the proceeds going to SOH possibly? Heck it doesn't have to be payware developers, freeware developers would be ok too. I can work in GMAX but prefer 3ds Max, either one would be OK. Maybe we can get something rolling here??

Anyone interested in getting the external model going, feel free to post or PM me :ernae:

Darrell

ryanbatc
October 13th, 2009, 17:59
I'd donate! Unfortunately I couldn't help with the modeling or texturing though