PDA

View Full Version : Random Talk.

winslow33
October 12th, 2009, 19:47
Hey. long time no post.. I kinda forgot my password for about the last 6 months until I found it again tonight

Anyway, I saw this on another forum, after a while it really took off and is quite interesting. A "Random Chit Chat" thread. Where you post anything social that has nothing to do with flight sim. just conversation. Anybody up for giving it a try? :jump:

winslow33
October 12th, 2009, 19:51
I guess it's gotta start somewhere....

I got my drivers licence last month. Bought my first car too. 1989 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat Crew Cab. Standard transmission, great shape. The engine is from a Ford Mustang, so it's got a fair bit of power under the hood. all it needs is a little odd work here and there to be put back on the road such as a new exhaust system and a break line. I'll get some pictures tomorrow if time permits... It's a pretty nice truck. I just wish it was 4x4. But for $300 I cant complain :icon_lol:

minuteman10
October 13th, 2009, 07:30
Congratulations on getting your license! That's a big moment for all of us. Have fun putting her back together...:wavey:

smilo
October 13th, 2009, 10:06
it doesn't really relate to CFS,
but what the hey?
activity is activity and we'll take what we can get.

------------:kilroy:----------------

personally, though, I'll just sit back and watch.

btw, how did that flashdrive thing work out for you?

winslow33
October 13th, 2009, 12:53
I got WinNT to install on the flash drive. Tricked the computer into thinking it was an external hard drive, but I can't make boot.INI recognize Windows as being on the drive, it's always looking on the hard drives... I still got it kicking around in case I figure it out.

Here's 2 shots of my new truck:

Ivan
October 13th, 2009, 17:24
I believe the problem with USB drives being bootable is that the device drivers that are needed to run USBs need to be loaded AFTER the OS has booted.... The OS that is sitting on the Flash drive....

- Ivan.

winslow33
October 14th, 2009, 18:40
I could be mistaken, but I don't think so because I made the USB drive DOS bootable, the same way you can run linux from a thumb drive. So it SHOULD run. The problem was with Boot.INI not being able to specify anything other than a primary or secondary internal hard drive.