PDA

View Full Version : Cirque du Soleil...absolutely amazing!

Cloud9Gal
October 11th, 2009, 16:17
So hubby and I went to a show last night, some friends of ours had talked us into going with them to see "Alegria" performed by Cirque du Soleil. The tickets were pricey for what we thought would be a show of "clowns dancing on a stage".
Boy were we completely WRONG for thinking that! "Alegria" was one of the most amazing shows I have ever had the pleasure to see. It was a solid 3 hours packed with contorsionists, hand balancing acts, jugglers, aerial high bar flyers, synchronized trapezists, clowns, dancers, musical band, beautiful singers, etc.
The costumes are out of this world, the stage is very eccentric, the makeup and the masks are beautiful.
It was an exhilarting show, that took us all to this magical world.
It was the kind of show that you wish for it to be endless.....
If any of you ever have the chance to go, please do so! You will not be disappointed! It is worth every single penny!! I have already gone online and purchased the DVD of last night's performance: "Alegria".

For those of you interested in reading more about "Cirque du Soleil", here's the link to their website: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/alegria/default.aspx

Piglet
October 11th, 2009, 17:50
Their boss just paid $35 mil for a space trip!

Cloud9Gal
October 11th, 2009, 18:19
Their boss just paid $35 mil for a space trip!

Yes, you're right! I kept saying, I can't believe he paid $35M to go into space? I mean, that wouldn't be my choice, but then again, when you have done it all and seen it all like him, you have no choice but to go to space! LOL!

cheezyflier
October 11th, 2009, 19:15
they hung out here for the longest time, right up the street from cherry beach, near the film studio lots. i wanted to see them, but it wasn't "in the cards" maybe next time. i have seen them on youtube and stuff, and the little bits i have seen look pretty cool.

FengZ
October 11th, 2009, 19:18
Cirque shows are great! I was surprised by how cool it is (my first show was almost 10 years ago, watching "O").

i actually didn't even notice the music was live...until at the end when i glanced over to the side and saw the orchestra...lol

-feng

Snuffy
October 11th, 2009, 20:09
You mean this?

y8YjtozRX1o

:applause::applause::applause:

rayrey10
October 12th, 2009, 17:23
Lucky! That show came to my area in late July and I found out the last day they were in town...the show how sold out. I'm planning on going to Vegas next year just to catch all of the Cirque du Soleils they have.

Dain Arns
October 12th, 2009, 20:28
Cloud9Gal, "Alegria" is one of my favorite Cirque performances as well. I'd very highly recommend getting "Quidam" as well. Some portions of that performance on DVD are absolutely jaw-dropping.

Cloud9Gal
October 13th, 2009, 15:19
Cloud9Gal, "Alegria" is one of my favorite Cirque performances as well. I'd very highly recommend getting "Quidam" as well. Some portions of that performance on DVD are absolutely jaw-dropping.

Dain- "Alegria" was my first Cirque du Soleil show, so I'm glad we picked a good one to see for our first experience! I'm still in awe! It was such a magical performance! Our friends have gone around the country, trying to catch as many of them as possible. They raved about "Mystère". I'm making note of "Quidam", thanks for the suggestion.

Chacha
October 13th, 2009, 18:39
La Nouba was the first Cirque du Soleil I have watched. They are just in my neighborhood, they perform all year round here in Orlando, Florida...

And Yes, everytime I watch them perform, still fascinates me..... :applause: :applause: :applause: