PDA

View Full Version : New Milviz F-15 Video

N2056
October 11th, 2009, 11:05
I don't know who will be releasing it, but it sure looks good here!

<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CbNHWJaMeAc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object><object width="560" height="340"></object>

Slug Flyer
October 11th, 2009, 11:09
Very well done video. Model looks like a sure winner! Love the loadout manager.

MenendezDiego
October 11th, 2009, 11:10
lol that's the song Kenny from South Park was tripping out to when he was 'cheesing'

Looks AMAZING!

djscoo
October 11th, 2009, 11:12
lol that's the song Kenny from South Park was tripping out to when he was 'cheesing'

Looks AMAZING!

AH! I knew that song was familiar! lol :D

Can't wait for this...

krazycolin
October 11th, 2009, 11:46
If y'all go here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbNHWJaMeAc) and see it, you can click on the HQ and get a real big, clear view...

thanks,

JamesChams
October 12th, 2009, 11:27
OK; you've got my attention. :applause:

Now, if you want to keep it...

Please, make it a Multi-VC pilotable aircraft and have all the "A2A Accu-Sim"-like features you can possibly put into it, Plus, accurate Gauges for Navigation and the function of the aircraft (understandably within FSX's limitations), and Colimated HUD (and FLIR) with Landing Lights that show through the HUD. Its a lot, I know. :kilroy:

Thank a bunch, Gents... It looks pretty amazing so far! :applause:

BOOM
October 12th, 2009, 11:32
Very nice!!

krazycolin
October 12th, 2009, 11:58
OK; you've got my attention. :applause:

Now, if you want to keep it...

Please, make it a Multi-VC pilotable aircraft and have all the "A2A Accu-Sim"-like features you can possibly put into it, Plus, accurate Gauges for Navigation and the function of the aircraft (understandably within FSX's limitations), and Colimated HUD (and FLIR) with Landing Lights that show through the HUD. Its a lot, I know. :kilroy:

Thank a bunch, Gents... It looks pretty amazing so far! :applause:

Please define what you mean by "A2A Accu-sim" like features... (mods, this is NOT a stab merely an actual question and is meant in all seriousness)

kc.

MenendezDiego
October 12th, 2009, 12:27
OOOO A Colimated HUD! Great idea James! That is a damn must! See if you can track down the guy that did the Aerosoft one! This thing will rock!

jmig
October 12th, 2009, 12:47
Seeing as the name of the company is "Military Visualizations", and, from the little animation video, I think we are going to like the new F-15.

Looking forward to flying her kc.

empeck
October 12th, 2009, 12:56
Please define what you mean by "A2A Accu-sim" like features... (mods, this is NOT a stab merely an actual question and is meant in all seriousness)

kc.

These are the features that transforms a nice 3d model into a study simulator of given aircraft. Like A2A planes with Accusim, CaptainSim's C-130, or PMDG planes.

Think about DCS: Black Shark, or Falcon 4 in FSX environment.

peter12213
October 12th, 2009, 13:41
Thats fantastic can't wait to fly it!

krazycolin
October 12th, 2009, 13:44
Don't get me wrong here cause I am just asking. I wish to understand more about what it is that you are looking for? As I understand Accu-sim, it's designed around treating your engines/plane correctly. Otherwise, it will breakdown and stop working. Plus all the extra sounds... Am I mistaken?

As far as doing DCS or Falcon in FSX, that's never going to happen because weapons simulations, TACAN, IFF and all the other things that make a fighter/bomber a fighter/bomber cannot be easily implemented if at all in FSX. As well, we don't have two hundred programmers dedicated to this. We have Chuck and Tim, a limited budget and not enough time.

That said, it is our intention to do, at the least, a proper start-up/shut-down sequence, as well as an MP VC for the E. How much of the rear VC will be functional remains to be seen. Unfortunately, most weapons systems, except for missiles (sidewinder and sparrows) are in the back seat and we have extremely limited resources (read none!) for the operation of those. We can make it up for the most part but... We do know that we can easily do CCIP in a variety of ways plus we might be using Phlerp's systems should it be ready by then.

We actually do have the same guy who did the HUD in the F-16 working on the HUD and possibly the MFD's and PFD for the E version. The C version will more than likely use the standard F-18C HUD as they are/were, in real life, pretty much the same system.

I have a suggestion: I will mail the F-15 Manuals (C and E) to anyone who wishes to participate in making a list of things that are must have, should have and could have... We will then collate this list and try for that...

We really do wish it to be as cool as possible. Really... So your assistance would be invaluable. Any ideas about systems and their implementation would be more than welcome.

Contact me at colin@milviz.com or by PM here.

Thank you for the compliments. I will be doing a vid of the pit in the coming days/weeks...

kc.

MenendezDiego
October 12th, 2009, 13:54
So good to hear about the HUD Colin, you have no idea how happy that makes me!

Perhaps he could revamp/remake the default Hornet HUD as well? It'd seem only fitting that if the E has a customized HUD, that the C does as well (colminated too :) )

Also, as far as accusim goes, all I really want is the cockpit sounds, removable pilot (when the engine is off), intake covers, red flags for when it's shut down (much like the VRS Superbug)

I think that would make me VERY happy :)

Thanks again Colin, can't wait!

p.s. feel free to post ANY news on these two dolls, even if its just 'hey, check out some more cockpit photos', or 'here is a sample of the cockpit audio'

P.P.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is VITAL, that you guys get a customized canopy opening/closing sound. That is one of my favorite things about the Aerosoft F-16, I love hearing the locking mechanisms lock.

Thanks! Diego

empeck
October 12th, 2009, 14:04
As far as doing DCS or Falcon in FSX, that's never going to happen because weapons simulations, TACAN, IFF and all the other things that make a fighter/bomber a fighter/bomber cannot be easily implemented if at all in FSX. As well, we don't have two hundred programmers dedicated to this. We have Chuck and Tim, a limited budget and not enough time.

That's why I've said 'in FSX environment'. I don't want a full weapons management, in fact I think any implementation of weapons in FSX is useless. Where is the fun of blowing stuff, when there is no AI that can shoot you back? Everything else should be there. I'd like to have a realistic engine management, something you can break when you click the wrong thing, etc.

The perfect aircraft (for me) is going to be the FSX version of Super Bug from VRsimulations.com. I'd love to see a such simulation of F-15, but I understand you are aiming different target (;) ) though, and don't have few years to make one plane.

empeck
October 12th, 2009, 14:05
So good to hear about the HUD Colin, you have no idea how happy that makes me!

Perhaps he could revamp/remake the default Hornet HUD as well? It'd seem only fitting that if the E has a customized HUD, that the C does as well (colminated too :) )

I don't think it's possible without source files.

jmig
October 12th, 2009, 18:03
The TACAN freqs can be done. F-18 did them in Accel. I think they just cross-referenced the VFH freqs to the UFH.

If the Dash-1s are avail I would love one. I am willing to pay. I want it just to familiarize myself with the jet and its systems.

MenendezDiego
October 12th, 2009, 18:12
I don't think it's possible without source files.

could he not just make a new one for the C model as well?

JamesChams
October 12th, 2009, 20:20
Mr. Colin "krazycolin,"

Please consider the following as requests to answer the question that you posed here:

Please define what you mean by "A2A Accu-sim" like features...

Accu-Sim features that I'm interested in are...

1. The weight of the aircraft: changes with different payloads, ordinances, etc. and the all wheel hydralics systems reflect it as well (CaptainSim's XLoad F-18D is a rather extreme example but none the less leaning to being more accurate in visual representation as payloads are added on the wings, the aircraft "tips" to meet gravity). Therefore, due to these added payloads, it flies and taxi's differently, too. The takeoff role is extended, the number of G's one can pull in a bank is different and the overall behavior between both versions (C & E) varies - they are NOT the same plane; so, the model(s) should reflect that. Also, Aerial-refueling, with correct changes in flight behavior as the number of pounds of fuel is added to the aircraft would be "Features for Accu-Sim".

2. Actual Sounds features: with proper use of FSX's 3D surround Sound Cone should increase the immersion factor. When flying this model, the "Sim-Pilot" should have some semblance of "believability" - So, if a button is pushed or a switch is clicked, you hear some (if not all) of those little indications audibly, which you would in the actual aircraft while it is parked on the ground, for instance. Amoungst others types of sounds would be the Pilot breathing, VMS - Callouts, announciator alerts, etc.

3. Engine "ware and tear": is a feature of A2A's Accusim and that means that you have to fly the aircraft to more accurate specifications. With a Jet like this there are fewer restrictions with its flight envelope and maintaince is done regularly so that is NOT necessarily a requirement here. However, it would be nice to have changes in Engine performance with altitude and temperature, icing and Rain water (due to flying in heavily numbus clouds), or stall induced charactistics. And the actual use of instruments to indicate that (VC gauges or MFD management and warnings for N1 and N2, FUEL, STALLS, equiptment failures, etc.)

4. System Management of flight/Life essentials: eg. Oxygen systems, in the A2A P-47, if you go above 10,000 ft. or higher and you're not wearing your mask or turn the O2 flow, you'll take a long nap and might NOT recover. Also, Pitot heat management in known Icing or if dirt were to enter the tube from "NAP-of-the-earth" flying or a bomb drop, etc.

These are generally the kind of things that makes the "Sim" experience more lively, interesting, fun, and most importantly - durable for the user (i.e. one doesn't get bored easily or mentally fatigued because there is so much book work and little to no enjoyment).

Here are other things that some users have already mentioned but I'd like to add a litte more to what was written:

1. Menu system that permits adding/removing components for these "eye candy" features. Like, Pilot Glasses ON/OFF, protector labels and chocks ON/OFF, and FOD covers.

2.Ordinance management within the VC (with MFD's that reflect a jettison or release (changing loadouts) of a weapon or fuel tank for FUEL/Weight calculations for TOF/ETA/TMZ, etc. and realism within the cockpit. Later, these features could be made to work with this...

FSWeapons : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=17341

nqPPEEqLEDo&fmt=18

This is NOT, currently, possible for a commercial product. But, it wouldn't hurt to co-ordinate your efforts with this developer. Since, Military Aircraft are a major product line of FSD/MilViz and almost all Fighters do these kind of activities.

3. Navigation: Creation of flight plans within the VC with the ability to make modifications to waypoints "bulleyes" and perhaps use actual GPS (with TACAN & MLS/ILS) capabilities with NON-FSX DEFAULT GPS'.

4. MP capability: REAR (RIO) VC (E version) MP cockpit capability is essential. This is where the #3 suggestion (above) comes into to play. The Fuel management, Navigational management, and Limited ordinance and weight management could be managed by the RIO, while the pilot has the responsibility of "Aviate, Communicate, & Navigate" to the intended objective. This permits at MP crew situation, a great feature of FSX that hasn't been fully exploited for fighters, so far.

Don't get me wrong here cause I am just asking. I wish to understand more about what it is that you are looking for? As I understand Accu-sim, it's designed around treating your engines/plane correctly. Otherwise, it will breakdown and stop working. Plus all the extra sounds... Am I mistaken?

... We do know that we can easily do CCIP in a variety of ways plus we might be using Phlerp's systems should it be ready by then.

We actually do have the same guy who did the HUD in the F-16 working on the HUD and possibly the MFD's and PFD for the E version. The C version will more than likely use the standard F-18C HUD as they are/were, in real life, pretty much the same system.

You've already mentioned CCIP implementations (perhaps within Missions) and startup proceedures. That would be a MUST for the E version and the A-A features for the C as perscribed by their roles. I understand the limitations and look forward to what you'll come up with. These are merely suggestions and perhaps "hopes" for you to consider. Keep in mind that there are users that own the IRIS or FREEWARE F-15's for FSX and those are similar in behavior to what most FSX military aircraft behave like (i.e. stock .air files, etc). That is why, I'm requesting these features. I already own those, why would I need to buy another that is little to no different. Please understand my goal is realism, usability, fun, and longevity with the use of FSD's products. It doesn't have to be a "400 page manual" product, but should require a little bit of a "learning curve" for it to be useful. Or, it won't take too long to get bored and, my thinking of it, to consider it to be "too expensive" for nothing more over the other models out there.

I have a suggestion: I will mail the F-15 Manuals (C and E) to anyone who wishes to participate in making a list of things that are must have, should have and could have... We will then collate this list and try for that...

We really do wish it to be as cool as possible. Really... So your assistance would be invaluable. Any ideas about systems and their implementation would be more than welcome.

Contact me at colin@milviz.com or by PM here.

Thank you for the compliments. I will be doing a vid of the pit in the coming days/weeks...

Please feel free to send me what ever manuals you would like as I would very much like to make requests of features that might be possible. And, I look forward to your video(s).

Thank you for your consideration.

PS: Mr. Fred Highland "Horten229", is a professional developer who has fixed several issues with the Aerosoft F-16's HUD (from the "HUD erractic bouncing" to missing elements). I'm sure that he could be of great help to your developer in resolving these issues with the new model. I've noticed those similar issues in previous HUD versions that I also own, that is "why" I've mentioned it and NOT as a bash.

MenendezDiego
October 12th, 2009, 20:47
great post james

krazycolin
October 12th, 2009, 23:40
It has been pointed out to me that the gear retract/extend sequence is incorrect. The wheels should be facing inwards and not outwards. This has been fixed.

On the subject of the code for these two birds...

We are already, and have been for quite some time, in touch with Phlerp about this. The problem with this is cost. Any extra that we have to pay for this tech will, of course, be passed on to you. We will see what can be done but no promises on that front.

For the HUD on the F-15C, at this time, we have no intention of redoing what is already done except for collimation. We may, if we find something drastically different but so far, there's nothing. The NATOPS manuals for both the F/A-18C and the F-15C are quite clear on this similarity, with the very minor exception of the carrier landing autosequence, which, I believe, doesn't exist in the FSX implementation anyway.

Thank you for Horten's name. We will contact him if we find that our HUD is bouncing.

The idea of transposing UHF over to TACAN is an interesting idea certainly. Thanks for that!

We're certainly not going to do engine wear and tear. That's for mechanics and not pilots. No diss intended towards mechanics! We will be looking at the icing and all that stuff and seeing what is possible given time and money.

We are looking at how we wish to approach this and will be making our decision in the coming weeks.

First though, we've got to get the Vision out! That's our priority. But, while Chuck and Tim deal with that, I and Roadburner, will be concentrating on the "checklist" for the F-15's.

I need your email, James.

Thank you for your time.

kc

krazycolin
October 13th, 2009, 07:33
Revamped video with corrected gear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmI1aLyPCw4

JamesChams
October 13th, 2009, 09:04
Mr. Colin "krazycolin,"

...It has been pointed out to me that the gear retract/extend sequence is incorrect. The wheels should be facing inwards and not outwards. This has been fixed. ...

...I need your email, James.
Its a really Nice teaser; just saw it again. :jump:
BTW: Sent you a PM with the email info. requested.

Happy Dev.'ing! :wavey:

centuryseries
October 13th, 2009, 10:51
I will mail the F-15 Manuals (C and E) to anyone who wishes to participate in making a list of things that are must have, should have and could have...

Just a word to the wise but the export of current aircraft US military flight manuals is restricted. You can probably email it all around the US, if that is where you're based, but mailing it abroad could lead to an investigation. :173go1:

However if you're already abroad I'd still think twice about it. I don't want to be a killjoy on your suggestion, but as a fellow model maker you need to know. WHat you do with this information is up to you!! :icon_lol:

I've copied and pasted this from eflightmanuals.com.

"The following are several types of export warnings extracted from DoD Directive 5230.24, "Distribution Statements on Technical Documents", March 18, 1987 that may be present on our products and should not be considered all inclusive:

"WARNING - This document contains technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2751 et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979 as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violations of these laws are subject to severe criminal penalties."

"DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT B - Distribution authorized to U.S. Government agencies only (reason) (date of determination). Other requests for this document shall be referred to (controlling DoD office)."

"DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT C — Distribution authorized to U.S. Government Agencies and their contractors to protect publications required for official use or for administrative or operational purposes only (date of determination)."

"DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT D — Distribution authorized to the Department of Defense and U.S. DoD contractors only (reason) (date of determination). Other requests shall be referred to (controlling DoD office)."

"DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT E — Distribution authorized to DoD Components only (reason) (date of determination). Other requests shall be referred to (controlling DoD office)."

"DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT F — Further dissemination only as directed by (controlling DoD office) (date of determination) or higher DoD authority."

"DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT X — Distribution authorized to U.S. Government Agencies and private individuals or enterprises eligible to obtain export-controlled technical data in accordance with (regulation); (date of determination). DoD Controlling Office is (DoD Controlling Office)."

Model looks great Colin.

krazycolin
October 13th, 2009, 11:56
I will take that under advisement. However, you should know that Eflightmanuals has sold me manuals of active duty aircraft many times. I won't buy there anymore because they don't do DVD's any longer.

I much prefer Flightmanualsoncd.com. Better service and, essentially the same stuff.

Thanks,

kc.

centuryseries
October 14th, 2009, 11:14
Hi Colin,

I stopped buying from eflightmanuals when they appeared to be being more restrictive.

flightmanualsoncd is a good source too down in New Zealand have used them a few times, no problems at all. :ernae:

That exhaust nozzle animation is amazing. :applause:

krazycolin
October 14th, 2009, 11:32
Thanks for the compliments. Much appreciated. Back to the grind!

MenendezDiego
October 14th, 2009, 18:17
here is a good video representing the F-15C HUD, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN-5rJsTpBo

similar, but it's pretty different from the hornet hud, alot thinner