PDA

View Full Version : UVW Unwrap Glitch?

Daycab
October 10th, 2009, 21:32
Hi guys, I was fooling around some more with texturing and came across this little problem. It seems like a vertex is stuck in the bottom left corner, but I can't grab it to move it. The sides are all blue which I guess means they aren't actually sides. Anyone see this before?

daycab

crossram
October 11th, 2009, 06:21
It's no glitch.

Simply a stray vertice. When you 'selected' the polys that you wanted to texture, of course the poly connected to that vertice was also selected.

The fix? Fix it!

You simply have a poly (and it's vertices) that is out of place. You just need to back out of your texturing, un-select all your polys, go back into editable mesh (or whichever mode your using), find and fix that poly.

Any modifers that you add to the parts 'stack' can be removed. A simple caution though...gmax doesn't like steps taken that confuses it! If you do some kind of step...in the wrong way...gmax can lock-up, and you can lose the model.
Just use a little common sense, and carefully 'un-do' your steps. Like the polys you have selected (to texture), un-select them...then remove the modifyer.

All no big deal. Takes a lot longer to talk about it...than doing it. Simple things that all of us run across, so don't worry about it. Just takes getting used to gmax, and all it's workings.

So far...your work looks good!

tobob
October 11th, 2009, 08:48
...A simple caution though...gmax doesn't like steps taken that confuses it! If you do some kind of step...in the wrong way...gmax can lock-up, and you can lose the model.

Happens to me all the time. I guess I confuse the hey out of GMAX regularly. Ha! it does the same to me!:isadizzy: But the more I use it and learn about it the less accidents I have.

Save many and often!

tobob

N2056
October 11th, 2009, 11:36
Yep...sometimes you have to go back a few times to get it where you want it. In the end it will be worth all of the time you put into it. Here is the current template I have for the external parts of my Quickie project :)

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1374/exterior.jpg

FelixFFDS
October 11th, 2009, 12:31
ooooo a ready made paintkit template!!