PDA

View Full Version : FSX----Info. Reqd.

WV-903
October 10th, 2009, 15:02
:bump: :ernae:

Hi Folks,
I'm an inhabitant of CFS3 on-line mayhem and SOH Member,------ just dropped in here to ask if anyone knows whether the present FSX system is to be replaced in the near future by an upgrade or totally new set-up. ???? :kilroy:

A friend of mine asked me to ask you guys, as you know the score. I know Nuthink -:173go1:-- but will pass any replies back to him.

Thanks , :applause:

Bill T.

-----------------------------------------------

spotlope
October 10th, 2009, 15:07
Nobody knows just yet what the next FS will be, or if there even will be one. Judging from the way MS handles press releases though, it'll be a while before we have anything newer than FSX to play with.

MCDesigns
October 10th, 2009, 15:09
Hi Bill, if you are asking if FSX will be replaced by FS11, I highly doubt it. MS pretty much folded up shop with the FS development team. So unless another company (Aerosoft maybe) steps up to make a new FS, FSX will be around awhile.

limjack
October 10th, 2009, 15:13
check this out.... http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=29444

Jim

Daube
October 11th, 2009, 02:02
Bottom line is: we are absolutely sure that there will be absolutely nothing to replace FSX for the next three years at least :)

Of course, on the alternative road, XPlane is still alive and continues to evolve quickly.

WV-903
October 13th, 2009, 05:53
:bump: :guinness:

Thanks very much guys for comments. Passed them back to friend and they are much appreciated and answers he wanted. :ernae:

He is after purchasing FSX now, I pointed out to him that he could do a lot worse than joining this Forum as you certainly pick it all apart. More power to your elbows :icon29: :icon_lol:

Now back to My CFS3 mayhem--lol :d

Bill T.