PDA

View Full Version : Frustration is...

Daycab
October 7th, 2009, 20:36
...discovering the hard way that if you fill in that one teensy-weensy poly you accidentally deleted somehow, it will totally screw up the UVW mapping you have been working on for for the last hour and a half. :icon_eek:

I'm going to go running now...

daycab :unitedstates:

Milton Shupe
October 8th, 2009, 05:32
If you accidentally do something, use the UNDO. I changed my preferences to allow for 60 UNDO steps. Then if you discover the error later ...

Okay, that's one way to help.

If you add another poly even after mapping, simply add it to the mesh selection and reapply the UVW map. No need to start over.

I use an Edit Mesh before each UVW Map so simply reselecting the polys and reselecting the UVW Map add it in.

N2056
October 8th, 2009, 15:32
Here is another way to save your bacon, and I swear by it as it has saved mine more than I care to admit...

Gmax by default automatically saves a backup every 5 minutes, but unless you know how to get to those files you can't take advantage of them. Here's how...note the file location (history), and the selected "files of type".

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4457/saveexample.jpg

n4gix
October 9th, 2009, 10:34
You and me both, Robert! :ernae:

N2056
October 9th, 2009, 13:56
I should point out that Bill was the one that taught me that little trick...:applause:

Daycab
October 9th, 2009, 14:56
Yeah, it turned out to be not much after all... :redf:

daycab