PDA

View Full Version : B-17 over Texas

falcon409
October 7th, 2009, 11:22
After getting my installation process corrected (thanks again Scott) I took her for a test flight from Killeen (Ft Hood) up to Ft Worth (Carswell AFB). I flew for about 10 miles with bright blue skies and then decided to use the RWW and the result was a 900ft ceiling and vis about 2 miles, lol. I love that kind of weather to fly in so it was great. Made my approach to 17 and flew ILS to the rwy. Great fun and the B-17 was awesome.

BOOM
October 7th, 2009, 11:25
I believe she's up for Accusim next!!! Then the BIG fun begins!!:icon_lol:

Lewis-A2A
October 7th, 2009, 12:59
Indeed she is,

about 10% of the systems in and I've already broken her more times than I can remember :kilroy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/Madaboutsims/b17accu.jpg

Kiwikat
October 7th, 2009, 14:57
Will we be able to fly her with half a wing missing and holes all over the fuselage?

THAT would be cool. :ernae:

crashaz
October 7th, 2009, 15:48
Indeed she is,

about 10% of the systems in and I've already broken her more times than I can remember :kilroy:

Ahhhhhhhh! Me want!!!!:jump:

2Low
October 7th, 2009, 16:41
I look to my left and there I am beside myself in anticipation!

Imagine flying over an effect like fireworks but changed to flak. Get too close and an engine dies, rudder response is reduced by 40%, and your left landing gear won't deploy or a random combination of such things. Mission builders could have a blast.

@ falcon, Real world weather is great isn't it. You get to see so many different conditions and textures. Nice shots too.

Shylock
October 7th, 2009, 17:32
Cool shots and glad you liked flying that bird. Shes one of my favorites to tool around in. USAAF would not be all to happy with the landing tho, not a 3 point. lol Just kidding.