PDA

View Full Version : Bella Coola STOL

falcon409
October 7th, 2009, 07:37
In response to a request, I went to this beautiful area and located a nice spot next to a lake high in the mountains and placed a small strip. I have no idea what the name of the mountain is or the lake. Despite my best efforts I couldn't find anything that showed names. So I gave the Lake a totally unique name. . . ."Hidden Lake". . .lol, lol. Oh well, it's the thought that counts!!
Two screens. . .first without anything there, then with everything in place.

falcon409
October 7th, 2009, 07:40
Just a note on this area. . .I also downloaded and installed the "alternate terrain cfg" file from Avsim and Holger's freeware Bella Coola for FSX from flightsim.com. He suggested the alternate cfg file is his readme and if he says it's a good idea. . . .it probably is.
Thanks Holger!!

jakegazzard
October 7th, 2009, 09:31
Hi falcon409, thanks so much! where can i download it? You are the best

Holger Sandmann
October 7th, 2009, 09:39
Hi there,

lovely spot. I've hiked up the Salloomt River valley just to the west of the lake but haven't been to the lake itself. According to this map - http://www.bellacoola.ca/valley/trails.php - it's called Glacier Lake (to the right of the "Experience the Adventure!" slogan) but I'd say Hidden Lake works just as well.

The lake drains into Tseapseahoolz Creek. Try saying that fast :mixedsmi:

Cheers, Holger

falcon409
October 7th, 2009, 09:59
Hi there,

lovely spot. I've hiked up the Salloomt River valley just to the west of the lake but haven't been to the lake itself. According to this map - http://www.bellacoola.ca/valley/trails.php - it's called Glacier Lake (to the right of the "Experience the Adventure!" slogan) but I'd say Hidden Lake works just as well.

The lake drains into Tseapseahoolz Creek. Try saying that fast :mixedsmi:

Cheers, Holger
That's funny Holger, because I had thought of calling it that and decided against it because I figured. . . ."how many other Glacier Lakes are there in that region. . .like at least a hundred?", lol.

falcon409
October 7th, 2009, 10:00
Hi falcon409, thanks so much! where can i download it? You are the best
I'll upload it here in a few.

bushpilot
October 7th, 2009, 10:46
Wow looks sweet:applause:! Can't wait test my STOL skills.