PDA

View Full Version : New images at Carenado...

MCDesigns
October 6th, 2009, 13:32
..of the Bonanza and Saratoga, looking forward to this release.

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/incomings.php3

Henry
October 6th, 2009, 13:36
still waiting for a v tail Bonanza
but thanks
H:applause:

Cirrus N210MS
October 6th, 2009, 13:52
cool

too bad they dont have a Cessna 210D

gajit
October 6th, 2009, 14:03
Well spotted tx MC :ernae:

Kiwikat
October 6th, 2009, 14:06
Awesome VC. It looks like everyone one of their other planes! :sleep:

Carenado, PLEASE start doing something different. PLEASE!!!

3D gauges, modern-er avionics, SOMETHING! I will not buy another Carenado product until they change something.

IMHO, the A2A Cub completely outclasses Carenado in every aspect. A2A's artwork looks better than Carenado's photoreal. I don't really have to go into sounds or features, because that is OBVIOUS. Carenado's planes have the functionality of the default ones.

I really don't want a DEFAULT Bonanza!!! I want a NICE ACCUSIMMED Bonanza!

jankees
October 6th, 2009, 14:06
but thanks

that's what I would like too...

Matt Wynn
October 6th, 2009, 14:07
me three :ernae: always had a soft spot for the bonanza :applause:

Slug Flyer
October 6th, 2009, 14:10
Awesome VC. It looks like everyone one of their other planes! :sleep:

Carenado, PLEASE start doing something different. PLEASE!!!

3D gauges, modern-er avionics, SOMETHING!

Why don't you ask A2A to do a 737 for their next release?

3D gauges would be nice, but asking for modern avionics is asking Carenado to be something other than what they are. Their niche is GA aircraft with the "used," "lived-in", REALISTIC feel...like the ones that make up the vast majority of the resident GA aircraft population at airports the world over. The average Cessna or Piper at your local airfield is not an Eaglesoft or Dreamfleet-style, tricked-out to the max Cadillac of the sky.

Kiwikat
October 6th, 2009, 14:12
Why don't you ask A2A to do a 737 for their next release?

Because PMDG's will pwn.

3D gauges would be nice, but asking for modern avionics is asking Carenado to be something other than what they are. Their niche is GA aircraft with the "used," "lived-in", REALISTIC feel...like the ones that make up the vast majority of the resident GA aircraft population at airports the world over. The average Cessna or Piper at your local airfield is not an Eaglesoft or Dreamfleet-style, tricked-out to the max Cadillac of the sky.

No one uses G1000's? No one uses GNS430's? Come on now... There are tens of thousands of these units used every day by veterans to students alike.

The RXP GNS430WAAS is the most realistic gauge I have ever used for MSFS. Carenado could do so much more...

Slug Flyer
October 6th, 2009, 14:31
Because PMDG's will pwn.

And also...because it's not what A2A does.

No one uses G1000's? No one uses GNS430's?

Some do. Most don't.

Carenado could do so much more...

Just like A2A could do jet tubeliners.

VFR Alexander
October 6th, 2009, 14:48
And also...because it's not what A2A does.

Some do. Most don't.

Just like A2A could do jet tubeliners.

What William is saying is that Carenado should try improving what they do, instead of repeating the same procedure for each aircraft.

Slug Flyer
October 6th, 2009, 14:52
What William is saying is that Carenado should try improving what they do, instead of repeating the same procedure for each aircraft.

No, with the possibly exception of 3D gauges - which would at least arguably be a technological improvement - what he's saying is that Carenado change their style to suit his particular taste. But change and improvement are not always synonymous. A model with a G1000 is in no way necessarily "improved" over a model with steam gauges.

MCDesigns
October 6th, 2009, 15:00
KK, while I respect your opinion, you ever think that maybe they just don't have the knowledge to do other than what they know. I can model any aircraft for the most part and texture it, but when it comes to gauges, airfiles and the like, I have no clue. Also look how many aircraft they have released for FSX when some others have only done a couple at most. Has anyone actually "politely" emailed them asking for new features?

Personally I am looking forward to the saratoga, need a new fast low wing with a nice VC, I only wish it was the turbo version.

scoutII
October 6th, 2009, 15:05
Originally Posted by Henry http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/soh/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=264353#post264353)
but thanks

Make that 3 - But happy to see a 33 anyway:engel016:

ryanbatc
October 6th, 2009, 15:23
They both look great, externally.

Now if they can get some decent flight dynamics, then they can have my CC #

cheezyflier
October 6th, 2009, 15:41
Has anyone actually "politely" emailed them asking for new features?

i have emailed back and forth with them a few times aboutadding a decent auto pilot system and about them doing a 337. they, in a round about way, said they were not interested in doing either one. their explanation was something along the lines of "that's for others to do". frankly, i'm with kiwi on this. i bought the 206 because no one else makes one for fsx. same with the 182. for these planes they are the only game in town. i got the 152, and i'm ok with that having basic electronics. but there's no way that someone buys a brand new 182 that way. i'm not going to believe that's the norm and not the exception.

Moses03
October 6th, 2009, 15:42
Count me in on the Saratoga as well. Looks great.

I have their V-tail for FS2004. Still a nice ship!

Slug Flyer
October 6th, 2009, 15:44
but there's no way that someone buys a brand new 182 that way.

No, they don't. The Carenado model isn't supposed to be a "brand new" 182.

heywooood
October 6th, 2009, 15:45
but thanks

hey - thats my line

Lionheart
October 6th, 2009, 16:31
Thanks Michael for the heads up.

:ernae:

Cool to see some of their construction screenshots. I really admire their work. They are true craftsmen in this business.

Bill

EasyEd
October 6th, 2009, 16:38
Hey All,

Cessna 185 taildragger, amphibs, ski's - that is what I would like to see Carenado take on.

-Ed-

Henry
October 6th, 2009, 16:49
in my opinion Carenado does some great
airplanes not the best not the worst
but good priced planes
H

Kiwikat
October 6th, 2009, 19:25
Has anyone actually "politely" emailed them asking for new features?

I once "politely" emailed them informing them of some problems with one of their planes. They didn't ever release a patch for the issues. I even offered my time to beta test their products, but I didn't hear back about that either.

What would make me think they would go out of their way to do something new when they didn't even help me with my very simple support question?

Perhaps I've just had bad luck with their support? :kilroy:

All I want them to do is to meet the de-facto standards that other developers are following. They don't need to do anything new. 3D gauges would be great, but switch sounds and the ability to retrofit a 3D GNS430 would be even better. The rest could stay the same.

What I don't understand is that so many people here don't think it is necessary for Carenado to do that, and some even oppose them doing this. However, if they WERE to do these things, everyone would applaud them.

Ugh, back to the couch now to rest. I've got many of the H1N1 symptoms. :blind: :barf:

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2009, 19:59
I'll throw my hat in the ring here in defense of Carenado's efforts. I would also like to see 3D gauges, but regardless I do find their aircraft totally flyable, believable and fun the way they are.

As for "steam gauges" versus "glass gauges," well, I'll only tell you what I ever flew and what the airports around me tend to have. I still have yet to see a real Garmin 1000, or any modern avionics package outside of a commercial aircraft with one single exception... which most students didn't want to rent because of the high price. I flew a watered down 172 which was very old, along with a Kitfox and an old DeHavilland Beaver. At one point I was even looking at buying a Cessna, among many of the aircraft I was looking at. None had a glass cockpit, and the price of buying one was so astronomically out of my budget I just ignored the idea.

Until glass avionics packages become truly affordable, especially when compared to what can be purchased used with no glass cockpit, I don't forsee them being a dime a dozen. The problem is that only new aircraft contain these units... I'll give a good example. I was just looking at LSA aircraft the other day and saw a used but very good condition L-4 (Cub variant) for around $40,000. I saw a 150HP Cub variant with full glass cockpit new off the line going for $220,000. The choice for me was a no brainer, even though I could afford neither!

waka172rg
October 6th, 2009, 20:02
Hey All,

Cessna 185 taildragger, amphibs, ski's - that is what I would like to see Carenado take on.

-Ed-

ED i asked the this about 4 months ago they said "thanks for the idea" so 6 in one half a dozen in the other haha:ernae:
I'm all in with the next 2 to come out they look marvelous inside and out and
GO the 185 skydive :)
Waka172rg:monkies:

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2009, 20:04
The ONLY problem with continual development of Cessna named aircraft, is the associated fees for licensing the name.... I would LOVE to see a Cessna 195 in all it's metallic gloss at some point though.

Lionheart
October 6th, 2009, 21:02
Amazingly... Flight schools mostly have Garmin G1000's now. They are overtaking the market and saturating GA. Thats bottom line. Maybe you guys arent seeing them, but they are coming in and taking up spaces now.

Garmins are way way way awesome. You cannot believe all the things they can do. Traffic, wind, weather, Sat Weather, colored maps, endless menu's. Garmin G1000's are here to stay and will only become more improved and incredibly powerful in General Aviation.

Watch and see....

As for smaller planes, even Garmin as well as perhaps 50 other firms, have developed basic, simple, inexpensive system screen gauges that do very good, such as like the Dream Catcher will have (the Chinese plane Cessna are making). It will have a G300 system in it and it is awesome..

Bill

Kiwikat
October 6th, 2009, 21:06
Garmins are way way way awesome. You cannot believe all the things they can do. Traffic, wind, weather, Sat Weather, colored maps, endless menu's. Garmin G1000's are here to stay and will only become more improved and incredibly powerful in General Aviation.

Yes they are awesome. Even the GNS430 which is "old" now still amazes me. That is why I want these types of things in more of my Flightsim aircraft! :engel016:

thunder100
October 7th, 2009, 00:21
but thanks

Hi Henry

I have a mail by Carenado stating that they gona make a full FSX V33 as well.I guess that this comes after the F33.So i have to buy 3 planes(incl Saratoga)

Still i like the Carenado gauges better then the non 2D modelled in VC ones

Roland

Rimshot
October 7th, 2009, 00:23
Gotta agree with Kiwi on the Garmins. Though I like the VC's as Carenado makes them now I hate the fact I'm unable to replace gauges with RXP Garmins because of the VC model. Only the model of the 182Q and RG182 allow me to do that...They could go the Realair way by adding an option for a Garmin equipped panel. Check out a site with aircraft for sale like aso.com for 182Q's; a lot of those old Cessna's have upgraded panels, a lot also don't.

BananaBob
October 7th, 2009, 00:54
I just wish they wouldn't mirror textures on most aircraft. :ernae:

IanP
October 7th, 2009, 01:08
That might be true in the US, where the costs are much less, Bill, but it certainly isn't true this side of the Atlantic. Of five schools where I am now flying from again, one has a single glass cockpit aircraft - it's a Diamond TwinStar that is grounded because they can't get spares for the engines, so are having to hire in a second TwinStar until the first can be overhauled.

Other than that, it's thoroughly steam driven Cessnas, Pipers, older Diamonds, the odd homebuilt and similar down the flightline - as are the visitors. A GA glass cockpit in Europe is still very much a rarity, not the norm.

Naki
October 7th, 2009, 01:18
Here in NZ all the big schools are getting glass Cessnas, Pipers and Diamonds...there are a few privately owned glass equiped aircraft as well but the majority of the private aircraft, smaller schools and flying clubs still have steam driven gauges in their aircraft although a good majority of those would have Garmin 430s or similar.

cheezyflier
October 7th, 2009, 07:08
No, they don't. The Carenado model isn't supposed to be a "brand new" 182.

then why paint them as if they are?

Kiwikat
October 7th, 2009, 07:44
I just wish they wouldn't mirror textures on most aircraft. :ernae:

Ain't that the truth. I think I've beaten that subject to death enough though. :engel016:

Slug Flyer
October 7th, 2009, 08:35
then why paint them as if they are?

Come again?

http://www.carenado.com/pages/9Q.jpg

cheezyflier
October 7th, 2009, 10:22
i don't see a single ding, scratch, dirt mark, rust, oil mark or any wear of any kind anywhere in that screenie. nor will you find them in any of the paints that come with the model. that suggests they are new. older planes don't look like that. they show some sign of use.

gajit
October 7th, 2009, 10:39
i don't see a single ding, scratch, dirt mark, rust, oil mark or any wear of any kind anywhere in that screenie. nor will you find them in any of the paints that come with the model. that suggests they are new. older planes don't look like that. they show some sign of use.

But when it was purchased new - it would look new. :isadizzy:

I admit that there are some advances I would like to see from Carenado - like some of the small windows opening in the pipers, dust covers etc animated and perhaps some options in the panel but they will always be a must buy for me.

anthony31
October 7th, 2009, 15:09
I eagerly await the FS developer who develops an aircraft that has a shiny new paint job the day you buy their model but each time you reload the aircraft the paint gets dirtier and dirtier. Maybe there could be a plane wash option as well. Maybe Heidi could do the plane wash on the Cub ... in a bikini.

ryanbatc
October 7th, 2009, 15:29
maybe heidi could do the plane wash on the cub ... In a bikini.

lol!

Rimshot
October 7th, 2009, 22:51

The airport I regularly visit is the home of a gorgeous old Cessna Cardinal. It is over 30 years old but looks like new. Good maintenance and washing can do the trick :)

lukecrowley571
October 8th, 2009, 07:34
+ another 1 on the V-tail Bonanza. :jump: