PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt files for WOP Installation

falcon409
October 6th, 2009, 11:54
Has anyone run into this problem before with any of the A2A Installations? I'm trying to install the B-17 and I get this error message:

"File corruption is found in your FSX directory. This would be likely corrected by re-installing FSX and then Wings of Power WWII Fighters."

Any help will be welcome.

Tako_Kichi
October 6th, 2009, 12:23
It sounds like your registry entry has lost track of where you have FSX installed. Have you moved your install of FSX recently or installed it again onto a different drive?

You could download this little utility and see if it fixes the problem for you....

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Registry-Tweak/FSX-Registry-Utility.shtml

Flight 1 also do a registry checker available here....

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

I suggest you run one of the above and then try installing WOP and the installer should then find where FSX is located.

peter12213
October 6th, 2009, 12:27
I've had that, I installed the fs2004 version then the fsx one over it, if its one of the dual fs9/x installers try that!

falcon409
October 6th, 2009, 13:18
It sounds like your registry entry has lost track of where you have FSX installed. Have you moved your install of FSX recently or installed it again onto a different drive?
I'm running Win7 and FSX was automatically installed to Program Files (x86) directory. When I ran the B-17 installer, it found that directory automatically so I don't think it's a case of it not knowing where FSX is installed. I'll try checking the registry info anyway, thanks!

falcon409
October 6th, 2009, 13:22
Nope, it seems this may be something related directly to WOP in FSX. I have the P-40 Installed and have had the P-51 and P-47 installed as well at various times, so it may be that some part of those installations are still hung up in there somewhere and the Installer for the B-17 doesn't like that.

Who knows. . .sheesh.:isadizzy:
Too bad. . .I've looked through everything and find nothing out of the ordinary really. I will not reinstall FSX however, that you can be sure of. Waiting now to hear back from A2A Support.

Tako_Kichi
October 6th, 2009, 13:43
Do you have Accel installed too? I just did a search on the A2A forums and one guy reported the same error as you and found that uninstalling Accel then reinstalling it allowed him to then install the B-17 in his case.

It's very strange for sure and I wonder if it is Win 7 related.

FAC257
October 6th, 2009, 15:19
It's not much help, but I have W7 and the first aircraft I loaded into FSX/Acceleration after installing W7 was my A2A fleet which includes the B-17.

They all went in without a hitch.

Since you mentioned that you had them installed at one time. You may want to try re-installing the P-51 and or the P-47 to see if that straightens out the "missing" piece of the puzzle and then try installing the B-17 again.

I've seen this method work.

I'm also taking for granted that your trying to install the B-17II and not the original WOP B-17.

FAC

olaf1924
October 6th, 2009, 16:39
falcon409 I had the same problem with my wop download. The problem I found out was that I had to manually find my fsx install on the c drive. The shockwave installer would not or could not find the fsx install.:wavey:

falcon409
October 6th, 2009, 17:34
falcon409 I had the same problem with my wop download. The problem I found out was that I had to manually find my fsx install on the c drive. The shockwave installer would not or could not find the fsx install.
As I mentioned above, the installer found the correct FSX directory automatically, so yes, it knows where FSX is installed. There is apparently something about the install process for the WOP aircraft that's different, even from other A2A aircraft because I've not had this problem with any other.

Also, It wasn't the P-51 and P-47 I had installed in FSX (I have those installed in FS9), it was the P-40 and I reinstalled that one to be sure but it made no difference.:isadizzy:

falcon409
October 7th, 2009, 07:30
:bump::bump: Still looking for a resolution. I e-mailed Scott again, but I haven't heard back yet. Hoping he can shed some light on this that won't entail me having to completely reinstall FSX. I would really like to not have to do that, lol.

Lewis-A2A
October 7th, 2009, 08:01
Ill PM him falcon.

Do you have an account on our forum? if you are gonna post on a forum re: this ours is the best as the entire team is there to support you.

falcon409
October 7th, 2009, 08:56
Ill PM him falcon.
Do you have an account on our forum? if you are gonna post on a forum re: this ours is the best as the entire team is there to support you.
Actually, I just got an e-mail from him a few minutes ago. He suggested I download and run the Flight1 Registry utility, but I did that yesterday with no change.
I'll move all this over to A2A forums as I don't think anyone here has a clue either.

Thanks.

falcon409
October 7th, 2009, 10:07
Many Thanks to Scott Gentile from A2A, who with a single phone call fixed the problem. Thanks Scott.:ernae::ernae:

Lewis-A2A
October 7th, 2009, 10:21
Good Times

falcon409
October 7th, 2009, 11:14
Good Times
To be sure Lewis. . .thanks!:ernae:

Tako_Kichi
October 7th, 2009, 11:53
Many Thanks to Scott Gentile from A2A, who with a single phone call fixed the problem. Thanks Scott.:ernae::ernae:
Just for future reference can you tell me what the cure was Ed. It would be good to know in case it crops up again.