PDA

View Full Version : Install problem.

Rezabrya
October 6th, 2009, 11:37
I will try to retell this story as accurate as possible. I have been flying in FSX very happily for a while now and my performance was perfect. I recently decided to download and install the FTX Blue Free Demo from Orbx. That installed fine and was working ok. I then also wanted to get the 372+ free airfields from OZx. That gave me tons of problems. My FSX drive wouldn't defrag and my FSX wouldn't open because it kept coming up with an error that said "Failed to read from file". I couldn't figure out what was wrong so I decided to start over. I uninstalled FSX, deleted all the leftover folders, and defragged. I just went to try to install FSX again to the same place where it was before and it installed fine but guess what... The Error is back. What is going on here?

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq322/Rezabrya/Flight%20Simulator%20X/failedtoread1.jpg

harleyman
October 6th, 2009, 12:25
You apperently never got all the FSX files out when you uninstalled...

After uninstall....Go thru your Roaming folder (Vista) and delete all FSX entries and files.

Do the same with program files

Kill your Antivirus and install FSX

There are also entries in your regestry for FSX that are left after the uninstall....

Kill your Antivirus and install FSX