PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Universe; Free Download at iTunes!

Lionheart
October 5th, 2009, 21:21
Hey all,

As you know, the pilot episode for the new series of Startgate called 'Stargate Universe' is launched and you can now download it via iTunes 'free'. This is 2 45 min segment downloads, roughly 1.4 Gigs each.

If you do not have iTunes, and you like music, TV, podcasts, etc, then you want this. Its free, but to download things, you must put in your CC number.

iTunes has a built in set of players, from music to video, including full screen mode, for both Windows and Mac.

So.... Downloading it here will enable you to watch it at your own pace and you can take screenshots of your fave scenes, pause it, etc..

<--- downloading it since I missed the launch.. arrgh..

To find it, first go to Apple.com and download the free iTunes. Install and activate it. Then go to 'Itunes Store' and click on TV / SciFi and you will see the sales banner for SU.

Bill

Quixoticish
October 5th, 2009, 23:55
To be honest it really wasn't all that fantastic. I used to enjoy the original Stargate SG1 (it got a bit silly once the Asgard arrived and I gave up with it then) but this new Stargate has basically decided to make things as "dark" as possible and in may ways shamelessly rip off the style and feel of the new Battlestar Galactica. It's just a shame that they don't appear to have any good writers to help them achieve this and it all feels rather clumsy and forced.

Lionheart
October 6th, 2009, 11:28
<-- huge SG1 fan....

:ernae:

Jaffa, KREE!

:d

The wild thing, (and this is speaking real here) is that;
* The Sarcophagus at the main Giza plateau Pyramid was 'machined' (not chisled), and had no (none) heiroglyphs on it, and was created out of (machined out of) one piece of Diurite mineral, one of the hardest known rock materials on Earth to machine or chisle (with rocks or bronze soft alloy tools). No glyphs in the main chamber makes the entire picture look a bit 'odd'. Like going into your cars engine and finding no serial numbers, no writing whatsoever, no toolers ID tags, nothing....
* No smoke was found in the cielings of alot of the tombs and chambers, meaning they didnt use torches and using reflective copper or bronze discs to bring in light through the lavaryths of those tombs caused degradation of light that by the end of the path of the light beams, you had a partial glow instead of bright light. (Saw a documentary on that last night).

So.... Was there something in that Sarcophagus that they found? Does something odd exist? Some relic of another race? Some sort of technology? Why make such huge monuments? And inside of them, have no writing of any sort? Think about it..

Also, they say that the grays in the roswell crash had a worm snake thing in their heads, one each... eeeks..?

Bill

Lionheart
October 6th, 2009, 22:34
um......

FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Just watched episode 1 or the first part, and it is pretty darn cool. I can see where one might think its influenced by Gallactica, but I think that is simply a modern way of filming and producing. It jumps between 3 time lines. Really keeps you on your toes.. or edge of your seat... or... lol.. its cool.

Bill