PDA

View Full Version : Loving/Wayne WR-1 project

Daycab
October 5th, 2009, 12:38
Hi guys,

I have been working on this and posting over at SimV, and thought I might shop it around over here a bit to see what others thought. Please feel free to opine to your little heart's content. It's my first plane to get so close to completion, though I have started and abandoned several projects over the years. Obviously I have more work to do with tweaking the model and textures, and I am just beginning to learn how to animate. I'm afraid of what is to come with doing a panel or sounds ;) But such as it is, I am kind of happy with the results so far...

The first two are from earlier in the project, before the textures, the third is a start on the actual paint and the last two are a fictional scheme I started fooling with, but might actually end up in the final package... :)

Hi Robert, I made it over here! :running:

daycab :USA-flag:

FelixFFDS
October 5th, 2009, 14:48
Very .....

(to be continued elsewhere)

Daycab
October 5th, 2009, 14:59
Felix, is there a board you DON"T post on? :icon_lol:

N2056
October 5th, 2009, 15:52
Felix gets around :icon_lol:
Welcome to SOH, I'm glad you decided to join! :wavey:

MCDesigns
October 5th, 2009, 16:10
Sweet looking! Welcome to SOH Daycab, look forward to seeing more as it progresses!!

Lionheart
October 5th, 2009, 18:30
Welcome DayCab.

Great looking plane! Excellent modelling on the cowling mesh.

Bill

Chacha
October 6th, 2009, 06:18
Welcome to SOH DayCab! :engel016: :ernae:

I love your choice of colors.... :applause: Cool planes!! :applause:

Daycab
October 6th, 2009, 23:18
I just wanted to throw these in here as well.

This is the third and final texture of the package. It's based on Neal Loving's original 'Love' but there's a bit of a problem. Unfortunately there are only a few pics of it and nothing that gives any detail at all. There are actually several decals that I'm having to leave off because of lack of info. I even went so far as to call the EAA museum to ask for help and they assured me that for $40.00 they would go out and snap me a dozen 4x5 shots of the plane, but they probably wouldn't be great detail as the plane is hanging on a wall. I assured them that for that kind of money, I had better get pictures of every detail of the plane, right down to the pilot's butt-impression on the seat. For some reason they didn't seem to agree with that.

Also, from what I could see from the few pics I do have, and a set of plans for construction of a real one I also have, the original is fairly different from the example in Lakeland; the bulges for the engine mainly being different, necessitating a second model.

I obviously have some tweaking to do along the glass...

daycab

FelixFFDS
October 7th, 2009, 03:47
Now that looks..

Daycab
October 7th, 2009, 05:15
... a lot!