PDA

View Full Version : The amazingly clueless ATC

falcon409
October 5th, 2009, 11:08
I have been doing a tour from Cairo, across North Africa and eventually out to the Canary Islands. My current flight was to take me on a leg about 300nm in length. I set up the IFR plan, called for IFR clearance and got it. Got IFR taxi clearance from Ground and was finally cleared to take off, maintain rwy heading and climb to 10,000. Ok. . .on my way. The two images show the ATC commands in Green and my responses in yellow. After taking off and continuing to climb I was handed off several times, but as I flew farther and farther out I kept waiting for the turn to a new heading. . .nope. At about 30nm out I started initiating my own turn and about halfway through the turn I got the call that's highlited in red.

Had I done what they asked I would have still been heading in the wrong direction, so I continued my turn back to the original track and as you can see, they continued to request that I expedite my turn to the wrong heading.

Finally, in the second image, you can see. . .after I was back on course, that they verified I was on track and resume own navigation. lol
Also notice as you read through the transmissions, how many times. . .over and over again, I am handed off from one controller to another for no apparent reason, lol They are clueless.

Bjoern
October 5th, 2009, 15:24
I could do a better job than FSX's ATC...even if I was drunk, blind, deaf and mute. :kilroy: :d

When they're BS'ing me, I usually cancel IFR and reload and re-request my flight plan.