Been looking at all the screen shots with the great clouds, water

Opinions on your favorite and why?
how does it effect frame rates?
and possible programs the work with them

Need a little help on direction needed

Thanks

spotlope
October 4th, 2009, 13:50
I like REX 2.0 best of the lot, mainly for the variety of texture options and the cloud textures. I've been using the built-in weather engine as well, which seems pretty nice to me, though I've heard others say they like ActiveSky Advanced better. I must admit, I used ASA almost exclusively before getting REX, and it's a great piece of software.

As for frame rates, I haven't seen much of a hit, if any, when running REX. Part of that may be that I don't choose the insanely huge cloud textures, preferring to keep them at 1024 max. It looks fine to me that way, and is a lot less drain on resources.

Tako_Kichi
October 4th, 2009, 14:16
I am a REX2 man too and use the REX2 real weather in every flight (unless there is a specific reason for me to set up a manual weather scheme).

I use the high def clouds but also run 'Texture Max Load Editor' to help with that and 'FPS limiter' to help with the frame issues.

For the water side I run 'FS Water Configurator' in conjunction with REX2 to control wave height and other things.

A number of people have commented on how much they like my water settings in various screenshots I have posted.