PDA

View Full Version : XP window freeze/split view/crash

gdr1944
October 3rd, 2009, 20:49
New "B" New Install

When running in a window the first training mission freezes except for the top inch of the screen and the instructor messages start jamming up. then if the aircraft hasn't crashed the sim will un-freeze and the aircraft is in a bad attitude and will freeze again.

Also ..I have reset all my control assignments every time I boot.

Well at least my fs2004 runs ok

gdr1944

Dirtman
October 4th, 2009, 04:24
Yo gdr1944:

Firstly; Welcome to the CFS2 forum (aka "The Basement") :wavey:
Please leave your sanity at the door .... you won't be needing it down here .... :isadizzy:

2nd: I'm not quite sure what you mean here:"New "B" New Install".
Do you have 2 CFS2 installs & the 2nd is malfunctioning?
- please clarify this as it may be the problem if not done correctly

For a single install:
It sounds like you've got a bad installation (has errors) Try removing & reinstalling CFS2 .... this should clear that problem.

Also: When prompted during installation; choose "FULL INSTALL"
This copies ALL the CFS2 files to your h/d .... otherwise CFS2 will try to use some files by reading them off the disc during operation .... which can cause this type of problem.

Let us know how you make out. :173go1:

Devildog73
October 4th, 2009, 04:39
Dirtman, I think he is a newbee to CFS2 with his first install of the game, if I am reading him correctly.

gdr1944, tell us something about the computer you are running CFS2 on.
What Windows version, what CPU, how much RAM, what video card and vid RAM, what sound card?

Once we all know these, we can begin to narrow down the problems and help you get your sim up and running.

Devildog73
October 4th, 2009, 04:39
Oh, and like Dirtman said: Welcome to the basement. Glad to have you aboard.:ernae: