PDA

View Full Version : FSX Turboprops?

Les Parson
October 2nd, 2009, 16:50
Hello,

I'm looking for GA Twin-Turboprop options for FSX. I have the DA Cheyenne, but I'm new to this aircraft and things are not going well. Heck, I can't even get the engines to turn and I've read everything I have on it. Besides, I would like something a little newer in the class of the RealAir Duke, but as a turboprop. I know the PMDG J41 is out but again, I'm looking for GA - a little lighter.

As a long time Aeroworx B200 FS9 user, I'm desperately looking for something to equal this aircraft and really don't see anything in the turboprop class. I was considering the Flight1 C441, but that option does'nt appear to be anything more than a remake for FSX.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Les Parson

Kiwikat
October 2nd, 2009, 17:24
There are no native FSX turboprops besides the ones you mentioned.

glennc
October 2nd, 2009, 17:33
Lionhart has Epic LT and Quest Kodiak. Both are very well done. They aren't twins, but the Epic performs like one.

Glenn

Tako_Kichi
October 2nd, 2009, 18:13
There are no native FSX turboprops besides the ones you mentioned.
Hmmm...so what's under the hood of the Aerosoft Twin Otter? ;)

OK so it's not GA but relatively small and will get into and out of many places a GA twin can't manage.

Kiwikat
October 2nd, 2009, 18:48
Hmmm...so what's under the hood of the Aerosoft Twin Otter? ;)

OK so it's not GA but relatively small and will get into and out of many places a GA twin can't manage.

LOL. Man, I totally forgot about those ones. Sorry, I think I need one of these => :icon29:

:redf:

I can't believe I forgot about Bill's planes. My mind was in twin-engine mode, I completely forgot about the single turboprops available.

There's the Flight1 PC-12 too!

Tako_Kichi
October 2nd, 2009, 18:53
Piglet's done a couple of FSX turboprops too. ;)

There is also the Westland Wyvern for the 'hook and shoot types'.

lawdawg
October 2nd, 2009, 19:16
Eh,
Alphasim's T34C mentor?
Not a GA either per se...but light.

Piglet
October 2nd, 2009, 19:21
I think he's looking for civil twins. If not ,and any turboprop will do, there's also my A-29 Super Tucano.

cheezyflier
October 2nd, 2009, 19:22
+1 for the kodiak :applause:

not a twin, but easily the best model in my hangar by a long stretch.
if i can just finish my tour of all the delaware airports by heli, (i'm doing a visit/reward thing) i plan to do an rtw with the kodiak.

Kiwikat
October 2nd, 2009, 19:33
I just got my PC-12 reinstalled. I really missed that thing! I haven't tried it out since before I built my rig in February.

I love rediscovering payware on my backup drive. :jump:

lawdawg
October 2nd, 2009, 19:39
The Kodiak is really good IMO.
I am not wanting to push any way, just coming up with what comes to mind.

harleyman
October 2nd, 2009, 20:01
The new Flight1(maybe Just Flight) Dutchess is sweet ......

YUP...Its Just Flight.

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=388

Not 100% its a Turbo...But she moves.....

CG_1976
October 2nd, 2009, 21:19
I think he's looking for civil twins. If not ,and any turboprop will do, there's also my A-29 Super Tucano.

Ah i love a early morning spin in the A-29. Its my faverite Piglet AC for GA/SAR:gameon:.

bazzar
October 3rd, 2009, 15:27
For something a little different, try the Bell Agusta BA609 Tilt Rotor from Wilco, more native FSX (and FS9) software...:engel016:

Les Parson
October 3rd, 2009, 16:06
Thanks for all the input. Just one question - was the DA Cheyenne originally FS9 or FSX?

waka172rg
October 3rd, 2009, 16:07
Hello,

I'm looking for GA Twin-Turboprop options for FSX. I have the DA Cheyenne, but I'm new to this aircraft and things are not going well. Heck, I can't even get the engines to turn and I've read everything I have on it. Besides, I would like something a little newer in the class of the RealAir Duke, but as a turboprop. I know the PMDG J41 is out but again, I'm looking for GA - a little lighter.

As a long time Aeroworx B200 FS9 user, I'm desperately looking for something to equal this aircraft and really don't see anything in the turboprop class. I was considering the Flight1 C441, but that option does'nt appear to be anything more than a remake for FSX.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Les Parson

I have put the Aeroworx B200 in my fsx with not to much issue that was a while ago now

expat
October 4th, 2009, 00:41
The Aeroworx B200 King Air was the best and a tragedy that same model has not been done for FSX. This one works pretty well in FSX and usually my primary GA twin propjet.

Naki
October 4th, 2009, 16:25
The Aeroworx B200 King Air was the best and a tragedy that same model has not been done for FSX. This one works pretty well in FSX and usually my primary GA twin propjet.

Flight 1 are making a Super King Air for FSX....based on Aeroworx's FS9 King Air.

Wombat_VC
October 4th, 2009, 18:51
flight 1 are making a super king air for fsx....based on aeroworx's fs9 king air.

eta?

Naki
October 4th, 2009, 19:54
Not sure but this thread seems to imply sometime next year

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=31087

lawdawg
October 4th, 2009, 19:55
eta?

They (Flight1) won't commit to one at this point I guess.
Too early in the stages maybe.