PDA

View Full Version : An anti-sub MkII alternative dp file for Scrub/Morton Swordfish

kelticheart
October 2nd, 2009, 13:47
A good day to everybody!:wavey:

As promised, I just uploaded a Swordfish MkII payload configuration for anti-submarine warfare. This completes my previously released Scrub/Morton Swordfish prop textures, dp and exhaust effects pack.

According to my sources, the Stringbag MkII entered service in 1943. It differed from the MkI primarily for a strengthened and metal skinned lower wing, enabling the aircraft to carry and launch rocket projectiles. Early production MkII's retained the Pegasus IIIM engine, but later examples had the more powerful Pegasus XXX.

I tried to match history with the well-known CFS2 limitation in terms of hardpoint availability for hanging different types of weapons. I kept the torpedo capability, the single 500lb GP bomb; I kept the depth charges; I reduced the Anti-shipping payload to a single 250lb bomb; finally, I added 8 x 60lb RAF rockets with individual rocket launchers.
In order to provide the necessary hardpoints to fit rockets and rail launchers, I had to give up the 6 x Semi-Armour Piercing bombs payload present in my previous pack.

Now the payloads are a total of 7 because I configured paired and full salvo rocket firing sequence, single and a full salvo depth charge drop sequence.

As I did before, I configured a realistic fire sequence from outer to inner rocket pair, which was meant to keep dead weights as close as possible to the aircraft C.o.G.

The weapons I used are the following:

- P.H.F. Burnage's rocket rails from his Typhoon v.2 weapon pack;
- William Dickens' RAF MkXII torpedo, 60lb aerial rockets and 500lb GP bomb, from his Beaufighter weapon pack, included in all of his Beaufighter uploads;
- Pstrany's 250lb AS bomb, from Virtual Wings' Hudson weapon pack, which I re-uploaded to SOH a year ago;
- Baldi's RAF MKVII aerial Depth Charges, from Baldi's Allied Depth Charges pack.

Enjoy!
KH :ernae:

Rami
October 2nd, 2009, 15:16
Thanks, Kelti! Great work! :ernae:

Bill Kestell
October 2nd, 2009, 16:04
:ernae:NICE! Thanks a bunch!

Ravenna
October 3rd, 2009, 19:06
Nice work Stef, and thorough as always!:applause::applause:

Morton
October 4th, 2009, 13:43
Downloaded and installed! Thanx Kelticheart!!

Mort :icon29: