PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT - Flight 1 open day Shoreham UK

gajit
October 2nd, 2009, 13:43
Hi

Anyone else going to the flight 1 open day tommorrow at Shoreham? Im there for a client from 13.00

http://www.flight1.com/openday/

Rick_Piper
October 5th, 2009, 03:54
Hi gajit

I went mate but no idea which one you where :)

there was not much happening as the gusty wind stopped all the fly ins so went home quite early.

Regards
Rick

harleyman
October 5th, 2009, 05:03
Looks like fun...

Yo bad about the weather there.....:frown:

falcon409
October 5th, 2009, 05:24
Wow, weather has ruined more than one highly advertised and much anticipated Air Show/Fly In. Hopefully this won't shed a bad light on the event for future endeavors.

Rick_Piper
October 5th, 2009, 05:33
Hi Guys

the weather was not too bad but crosswinds where 25-30 kts + so most stuff couldn't come

Was a good show

Regards
Rick

harleyman
October 5th, 2009, 05:43
Hey..

What was the free gift?:bump:

Rick_Piper
October 5th, 2009, 05:55
Hi Harleyman

I didn't get a free gift for some reason.:monkies:
even though i was the first visitor

other people got a current PCPilot mag and a back issue.
and a Flight1 Me109 boxed product.

Regards
Rick

harleyman
October 5th, 2009, 06:06
Aw man.....

I hate it when that happens........:isadizzy:

gajit
October 5th, 2009, 09:08
Hi gajit

I went mate but no idea which one you where :)

there was not much happening as the gusty wind stopped all the fly ins so went home quite early.

Regards
Rick

Hi Rick

I was with the PC-12 from 12.30. The only person I met that I had heard of here was Rob Young from RealFlight - great to meet the co-creator of many of my fav FSX addons.

calypsos
October 5th, 2009, 10:06
I was there with Rick (and others from CBFS including Dave Garwood of Hunter and Auster fame) and we had a a fun time time, despite the weather.

Nice to shake hands with Rob Young, but I was a bit disapointed with what was on show and a distinct lack of good retail bargains! Still, at least it was a nice cheap day out, worth travelling about 1000 miles for!