PDA

View Full Version : help please

mcspeed
October 2nd, 2009, 12:13
After years of putting up with my old FRED (gateway w/98) :isadizzy: I have now finally updated to a new computer but... I am now trying to load the aircraft and addons that I had for cfsII on to this new computer and I seem to be having problems. What I am dealing with is a new dell Inspiron with windows vista home premium edition. The problem I am having is this. I can log on to this site and go to the add-ons section, but when I try to down load a plane or something it brings up the first screen that states your download will start in 30 seconds. But then it switches to a error screen stating that windows is getting a http404 error and that the page can't be found. As I am sure it is not this site it has to be something to do with the settings on this beast(it is soon going to earn the name FRED also) I have been able to down load from simvation, but nada from this site so I was wondering if anybody might know just what I am doing wrong.
Thanks
Mick

Moparmike
October 2nd, 2009, 16:57
There are still some files that are listed in the library that don't work through the download links. In particular, they are older files like stuff for CFS1, CFS2, etc...

Do some searching in the CFS2 forum for the link to the archive FTP. The files are there.
(I'm on the road this weekend and don't have the link handy).

mcspeed
October 2nd, 2009, 18:02
Thank you! I'll give it a try.