PDA

View Full Version : Congrats RIO!

Snuffy
October 2nd, 2009, 09:26
Just heard that Rio De Janerio was selected for the 2016 Olympic Games.

:applause:

stiz
October 2nd, 2009, 10:28
shame, i was hopeing tokyo would win :frown:

o well :engel016:

cheezyflier
October 2nd, 2009, 10:56
shame, i was hopeing tokyo would win :frown:

o well :engel016:

well, so was i really. i think japan could have added a very interesting flavor to the games. i never really thought they had a shot though, because of the last one being hosted in china. if i was a bettin man i woulda put my $$ on rio because of his admonition to the comittee before the vote.
that "this was their chance to boldly make history because the games have never been hosted in s.america"

anyone who believes chicago ever had a snowballs chance in hades is delusional. with reputation the TSA has earned themselves, and current world attitudes towards the states, it would be a security nightmare.
be glad chicago didn't get it. now their won't be a thousand jihadists trying to go to the games with all manner of nefarious devices.

Willy
October 2nd, 2009, 11:05
:ernae: to Rio!

I'd have liked to see the games come to the US, but not Chicago. Too many thugs and hoodlums. Not the image I'd want to present to foreign visitors.

Rami
October 2nd, 2009, 11:22
I must say, I applaud the Olympic Committee's decision to award the games to Rio. South America is a continent that is often neglected in world affairs, despite Brazil being one of the largest nations in the world. Awarding the games to a continent that had never hosted an games was a brave and refreshing decision.

Chicago or another American city will get their chance soon enough. Let's sit back and watch Rio shine! :ernae:

brad kaste
October 2nd, 2009, 14:29
Much congrads to Rio. I think they'll put on a terrific program in six years. Now,....as a card carrying Chicagoan,.....I gotta' be careful what I could say. Political or otherwise. And there is enough verbal ammo to unload for awhile. So,....I'll leave it alone to prevent a big red line going through this post.
Again,....hip hip hurray for Rio! (Remember guys,....who put the big X's onto Meigs Field?.....)

jkcook28
October 2nd, 2009, 17:29
:ernae: to Rio!

I'd have liked to see the games come to the US, but not Chicago. Too many thugs and hoodlums. Not the image I'd want to present to foreign visitors.

I'm glad they went elsewhere too Willy, but, have a look at the crime statistics for Rio sometime; Chicago pales in comparison...