PDA

View Full Version : Carl Edwards said...

PRB
September 28th, 2008, 14:04
He said he knew he was going to hit the wall after diving to the bottom to make that last lap pass on the 48 car. In fact, he planned on hitting it. He just didn’t plan on loosing as much speed as he did. You see, you could do that in the video games, he explained, slide the car into the wall, stay in the gas, and not loose too much speed. But it didn’t work in real life! Now that’s funny. Good try though! :costumes:

Cazzie
September 28th, 2008, 14:49
L heard that and knew he was too hot when he passed JJ. I said he's gonna have to backed off and JJ will get him on the inside when he slides up the track. he slid up the track, but he didn;t let up, only that little cruch of the left rear slowed him enough for JJ to make the pass. I still despise cookie-cutter tracks though!

Caz

Daveroo
October 5th, 2008, 08:19
when i drove stock cars (well the hobby stock) i kept the right rear bumper beat in to the fender..that way it wouldnt hang up when i put the car against the Krail wall surronding the outside of the track.i passed many cars that way.my folks,and other fans,including the announcer,would point out the fact that there was a stripe of clean wall after each pass...lol...from about the middle of 2 and down the back stretch...lol sparcks and mud flyin off the wall...lol

Panther_99FS
October 5th, 2008, 09:15
I still despise cookie-cutter tracks though!

Caz

Which is why I still prefer the "old" Atlanta track....:mixedsmi:

PRB
October 5th, 2008, 14:49
And today Carl said the 16 "got loose", which is technically accurate but slightly incomplete, given that he got loose because Carl tried to bump draft him in the corner because "we'd been doing it all day".

Oops...

Jack R wasn't too pleased either. Love to be a fly on the wall at the Monday morning meeting at Rouche Racing... :d

EasyEd
October 5th, 2008, 15:07
Hey All,

Yeah BIG STROOUP on Carl's part! Carl said it well when he suggested - you come to Talledega worried about the idiots and today it was him. You could kinda tell he didn't know how to handle Talledega spinnin out on pit road all by himself. And Junior said it well "Some of us know how to bump draft some of us don't!" If anybody in NASCAR is qualified to comment like that it's Junior.
Jimmy did OK though. :jump:

-Ed-

An edit: I didn't mind what Carl did a bit. I never complain when Roush cars wreck even though I do like some of the drivers. Payback for what Martin did years ago.

Panther_99FS
October 5th, 2008, 16:44
Hey All,
Payback for what Martin did years ago.

You still stuck on this :ques: :icon_lol:

EasyEd
October 5th, 2008, 17:24
Hey All,

No one ever beats karma Panther.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
October 5th, 2008, 19:30
Interesting....it appears on the surface to be a hatred for Mr Martin here...

What's enough payback/karma for you to be satisfied or the slate being called "even" ?

EasyEd
October 5th, 2008, 21:11
Hey All,

I don't hate Martin - I just don't like him getting away with it. Plus I never liked how Roush stroos up engines and then calls on Yates for help gets good engines and never fulfills his part of the deal - giving Yates real help on his aero setups. If I were Yates Roush would never get engine help from him again.

-Ed-