PDA

View Full Version : FSD/Milviz P-38 Preview Screen Shots!

Gibbage
October 1st, 2009, 12:27
Its almost that time! I know you all have been chomping at the bit to see what we have in store for everyone! By this time tomorrow, im sure a lot of people will be flying the demo!!! For those who simply cant wait, or who simply like a good screen shot, here ya go!!!

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/p38/p38_01.jpg

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/p38/p38_06.jpg

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/p38/p38_09.jpg

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/p38/p38_12.jpg

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/p38/p38_13.jpg

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/p38/p38_22.jpg

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/p38/p38_19.jpg

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/p38/p38_23.jpg

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/p38/p38_25.jpg

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/p38/p38_30.jpg

Here ya have it! The FSX/Milviz P-38 is on final and over the fence! I really hope everyone enjoys flying it as much as our team have enjoyed creating it!

crashaz
October 1st, 2009, 12:35
WoW! Sitting here with card in hand. Guess I will be holding a vigil. Guess it is a good thing my contract ended yesterday giving me time to sit around here and wait! :wiggle:

MenendezDiego
October 1st, 2009, 12:35
Now that is what I'm talking about!

Those last few shots of 328-431 sold me!

Wow!

deimos256
October 1st, 2009, 12:37
im looking forward to the demo, as long as it runs decent on my rig ill be buying it. How does the demo work anyways?

Gibbage
October 1st, 2009, 12:45
The demo will be the full product, limited to 1 hour of flight time. Once those days are up, you will need to purchase a license key to fly it again.

As for performance, it will be harder on hardware then most add-on's but I was running 1920x1280 with everything cranked to the max, FSAA and all that and running 25-30FPS over Friday Harbor. It dipped below 10FPS in LA, but thats to be expected. All I need to do is lower the res or remove FSAA and its very playable. I only have a 2.4GHz CPU and the ATI 4850 sux for FSX, so I dont have the best rig for it. You will be able to test it out on your own system and see if it is frame friendly. The "restored" P-38 is a big more frame friendly then the warbird version. I put a LOT of detail into those turbo's =)

Also, these textures are in 4K format!!! For those who want to read stencils (and there are a LOT!). So if you have performance issues, I suggest lowering the external textures down to 2K. That should help out people with older cards a lot.

Bomber_12th
October 1st, 2009, 12:56
I'm really looking forward to this, Kevin, it looks extremely skillfully done! I too am simply sold by the last shots of "Happy Jack's Go Buggy" - which will fit very nicely together with another aircraft I have in the workshop. Now I'm just looking forward to seeing how she flies! ;)

jankees
October 1st, 2009, 12:56
That certainly looks good!!
and appropriate avatar, John!

DennyA
October 1st, 2009, 13:21
Any idea what the price is going to be?

gajit
October 1st, 2009, 13:27
NOw thats the way to do it!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Gibbage
October 1st, 2009, 13:31
Any idea what the price is going to be?

Not my department. We will need to wait till tomorrow for that.

FlameOut
October 1st, 2009, 15:10
What's the blemish on the "Left upper wing" American star on "both" YIPPEE & Happy Jack's Go Buggy ? ...prolly a common texture... I'm no repainter.

She is looking very sexy :jump:

Slug Flyer
October 1st, 2009, 15:21
Will it be possible to use the modern VC in variations besides the Red Bull racer?

ryanbatc
October 1st, 2009, 15:28
It looks good. The only thing is that from the shots it appears the modern cockpit gauges are just pasted on.... they don't look 3d like main models.

DennyA
October 1st, 2009, 15:42
Not my department. We will need to wait till tomorrow for that.
Okay, good to know it'll be announced before SkyUnlimited's P-38 sale is over. This one looks sweet, but we'll have to see what the premium is. :)

Gibbage
October 1st, 2009, 15:56
What's the blemish on the "Left upper wing" American star on "both" YIPPEE & Happy Jack's Go Buggy ? ...prolly a common texture... I'm no repainter.

She is looking very sexy :jump:

I think what your seeing is stencling. The P-38 is covered in it, and its readable. Things like "Remove power before removing wing tip" or "Use 100 Octane fuel or better" by the fuel caps.

As for the modern pits in the historical aircraft, its not a feature we have on the list. We can look into doing something like that though.

Bjoern
October 1st, 2009, 16:01
One rivet, two rivets, three rivets, four rivets, five ri-...*ZzzzZZZZZzzzZZz* :d

(Awesome details on that model!)

Slug Flyer
October 1st, 2009, 16:15
As for the modern pits in the historical aircraft, its not a feature we have on the list. We can look into doing something like that though.

Please do. I'd very much like to fly around with the aid of the modern instrumentation and navigation equipment in a "restored" P-38 in historical configuration/paint, instead of being tied to the modified racer.

Gibbage
October 1st, 2009, 16:17
Okay, good to know it'll be announced before SkyUnlimited's P-38 sale is over. This one looks sweet, but we'll have to see what the premium is. :)

I think, at whatever the price, it would be worth it. I did model both, but almost 5 years seperates the two. My skills have improved greatly, and also the power of PC's, so there is a lot more detail both model and texture in the FSD P-38. As mentioned, ledgeable stencils in the texture, and wheel hubs that are modeled and not just textured. All those little things count. Also, big things like a clean fillet between the wings and engine boom, and much higher resolution texture and model, plus much much more. The good thing is, youll be able to download it and try for yourself to see if its worth the extra money.

Ultimatly its up to the consumer to choose. In this day and age, its hard to beat a low price, but im more in line with quality over quantity. If your a fan of the P-38, youll want the best representation out there. But rest assured it wont be as expensive as some of the more recent premium releases. I find it hard to justify an add-on that cost's more then what I paid for the game.

Gibbage
October 1st, 2009, 16:31
One rivet, two rivets, three rivets, four rivets, five ri-...*ZzzzZZZZZzzzZZz* :d

(Awesome details on that model!)

Let me help you with that. Ill also give you some reading material while your at it.

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/p38/p38_34.jpg

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 16:34
the VC looks amazing but still to be honest Yippee is never the right colour for me, I mean it was like an orange not a red colour!

I know I know its an old photo but its not that red, skyunlimited got it wrong too..
http://famousred.com/Yippee-P38-J.jpg
How can i explain it, its more of a creamy red colour in my opinion like Heinze tomato soup
look the colour in the bowl below...
http://heateatreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/heinz-family-favourites-tomato-soup.gif
Yours is just too red for my liking!!!!

Gibbage
October 1st, 2009, 16:42
Its really hard to call what Yippee looked like. Doing a google image search, you will get about 12 shades of red/orage on 14 images. Nobody seems to agree on what it really looked like.

Thats were having a paint kit comes in handy ;)

PRB
October 1st, 2009, 16:43
Well, it's kind of hard to tell by photos, many of which show varying degrees of red. Maybe the color in the photo if out of whack. Maybe the California sun faded it a bit over time. Maybe the time of day and current lighting conditions affect what the color looks like in a photo. basically, if it's red, it's probably about as close as you're gonna get. More or less... :)

[edit:] What Gibbage said...

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 17:49
Na its Japanese sun, she flew over japan in 45 and I swear it wasn't that red it was orangie red if you know what I mean, I swear that one by milvis is wrong!

MudMarine
October 1st, 2009, 18:04
It's too red.

c87
October 1st, 2009, 18:16
Gibbage, the model looks great. I've been waiting for a good P-38 for a long time. Do you know if there's any option for glass reflection? My only knock from the screenshots I've seen is that from the inside of the cockpit it doesn't look like there's any canopy (aside from the frame). It's too clear if you know what I mean.

Gibbage
October 1st, 2009, 18:38
Like baked in reflection? Right now, no plans. If we get enough request's, it would not be that difficult to do. Also, the baked in reflection on the gauge face's have been toned down a bit.

As for Yippee, I will see about changing it. Its not my skin, but it seems that popular openion has it being more orange then red. Since the release is tomorrow, I dont think any correction will make it in time. We do plan on doing add-on/patches through the products life cycle to keep it fresh.

Akatsuki
October 1st, 2009, 18:42
Like baked in reflection? Right now, no plans. If we get enough request's, it would not be that difficult to do. Also, the baked in reflection on the gauge face's have been toned down a bit.

As for Yippee, I will see about changing it. Its not my skin, but it seems that popular openion has it being more orange then red. Since the release is tomorrow, I dont think any correction will make it in time. We do plan on doing add-on/patches through the products life cycle to keep it fresh.

These are great news.:applause:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 1st, 2009, 19:55
There is plenty of good news to relay , the modern pit can be added to any model desired by simply changing a couple of entries in the .cfg and your good to go , the paint kit is all ready up on the server and it’s a snap to use because of the way everything is laid out on 2 bitmaps .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
If that isn’t enough good news we are also including a bonus to the first Fifty registered SOH forum members who buy the P38 ... a FREE YF 23 Black Widow will be yours for the price of an email with your username here so we can confirm membership , how’s that for fun ?

gatlin7
October 1st, 2009, 20:03
Everything I have ever read about "Yippee" describes the color as "vermilion". And everything I have ever read about vermilion describes it as "orangish red". Just sayin'...

The screen shots look great, Kevin! I can't wait for the release!

MenendezDiego
October 1st, 2009, 20:13
sounds like a great deal chuck, any idea how much the 38 will be?

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 20:53
Yeah thanks guys oragnish red like tomato soup not ketchup red it should look really faided oragie .. you guys know what I mean.. this p38 needs to be perfect not like the SU one, Its had too much time and effort spent for it not to be perfect plus the milviz guys are asking and showing us there opinion which makes a big difference in my book! Good luck and I'm buying it!! :ernae:

Gibbage
October 1st, 2009, 21:34
sounds like a great deal chuck, any idea how much the 38 will be?

It will be well worth the asking price. :icon_lol:

Bjoern
October 2nd, 2009, 00:54
Let me help you with that. Ill also give you some reading material while your at it.

http://www.gibbageart.com/files/p38/p38_34.jpg

*Faints*

:icon_lol:

DaveQ
October 2nd, 2009, 01:32
This looks awesome - a must have for me, if only because it looks so beautifully modelled and the textures look amazing. A huge 'WELL DONE!!' to all concerned.:ernae::applause:

Will there be a paint kit with all those rivets and stencils on?? Please!!

DaveQ

MCDesigns
October 2nd, 2009, 04:11
It's looking really great Kevin! Your thoughts on performance make me uneasy since I refuse to turn down any scenery settings to "accommodate" an addon aircraft, but since there's a demo, I'll definitely be checking it out. :ernae:

jeansy
October 2nd, 2009, 04:53
ok, you ready for it

what no RAAF paints?

Anneke
October 2nd, 2009, 05:42
Well it's today..where is it....:applause:

crashaz
October 2nd, 2009, 06:20
We have 12 users just waiting in this thread for news of release. LOL !

Make that 13 now:wiggle:

spotlope
October 2nd, 2009, 06:37
Fourteen.

crashaz
October 2nd, 2009, 06:40
Now 17..... FSD must be a West Coast operation.:icon_lol:

boxcar
October 2nd, 2009, 06:51
Am finally allowing myself to get excited! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/cool/cool-smiley-021.gif Am oh-so-ready for this flying Art. As smooth a model ever seen & am betting she flies just as well.

No problem with me rushing to grab a YF-23, fellas. Already have her in my hanger. You first! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/party/party-smiley-009.gif

spotlope
October 2nd, 2009, 07:23
Same for me. No YF-23 necessary if I manage to get into the first group, because somebody forgot to attach props to it. Not sure how a plane can fly without props... :mixedsmi:

fliger747
October 2nd, 2009, 07:28
A jet is like a woman, the "props" are hidden inside, still there and still very powerful.

T.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
October 2nd, 2009, 07:52
Just messin with a few details , bit o toothpase for Marge's smile , some tomato soup color on Yippee , we dont rush things, clients like their stars pointing the right way.

Quicksand
October 2nd, 2009, 08:00
Eighteen.....:jump::applause::icon29::guinness::me dals::running:

Slug Flyer
October 2nd, 2009, 08:14
clients like their stars pointing the right way.

Ohhh, SNAP!

Quicksand
October 2nd, 2009, 08:15
I hope the paint dries fast... The suspense is killing me... but I like it..:isadizzy:

boxcar
October 2nd, 2009, 08:20
...some tomato soup color on Yippee...
Much better, imo. It was the only thing seen buggin' me, as well. Much beh-tor.

...we dont rush things...
Never was a time when there was no time. Time is not the problem. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-011.gif
Thanks for spending the time to get it all right, Chuck.

Henry
October 2nd, 2009, 08:30
Just messin with a few details , bit o toothpase for Marge's smile , some tomato soup color on Yippee , we dont rush things, clients like their stars pointing the right way.
If this thread degrades into anything negative
i will not close it i will delete it
and Ban certain people
H

peter12213
October 2nd, 2009, 09:18

Thats a much nicer shade mate, much better in my opinion!

guzler
October 2nd, 2009, 09:36
19 :jump:

Gibbage
October 2nd, 2009, 11:36
Sorry for making everyone wait, but we are trying our best to make sure its fit for flight BEFORE we release it! The team is still working hard on testing the latest version. We will let you know when its up ASAP!

stovall
October 2nd, 2009, 11:44
Thanks for the update Gibbage, I am sure it will be a great addition to FSX.

Quicksand
October 2nd, 2009, 11:58
Thanks, Gibbage. All jokes aside, we respect that you guys want to be sure everything is right before release... Just let me know when to warm up the plastic....:kilroy:

deimos256
October 2nd, 2009, 11:59
I hope its soon, im headed out in a couple hours then i gotta get to bed early for work all day tomm, not that anyone needed to know my life haha

Gibbage
October 2nd, 2009, 12:54
It may be a few more hours. Still working on some last min bug killings.

deimos256
October 2nd, 2009, 12:57
no worries i can always grab it when i get home tonight

Quicksand
October 2nd, 2009, 13:00
Not a problem, Gibbage.. Re-reading parts of Warren Bodie's "The Lockheed P-38 Lightning" in anticipation of poking some good-sized holes in the sky with this rather sexy-looking fighter. If I had been training to be a pilot in WWII, I know I would have been lusting after the sleek curves of this classic fighter...... This is coming from a die-hard Mustang fan, too...........

Gibbage
October 2nd, 2009, 13:06
I have the same book. Very interesting read and give great insight into the development of the P-38 and its outside stumbling blocks, like the War Commission insisting on certen aspects that hindered the performance of the aircraft. The P-38K is one of those "What were you thinking?" moments. Its performance far surpassed almost all US fighters, and all they did was change the props and up-rated the engine a little. The War Commission denied putting it into production because the changes would stop production for a few days. WHAT? That extra speed and climb would of saved lives. Makes me angry to know people sitting behind a comfy desk made a choice that cost's lives because of production concerns.

Anyways, back onto subject or the mods may also get angry, turn green, and swing the ban hammer =)

Quicksand
October 2nd, 2009, 13:12
I thought I knew alot about the Lightning until I bought this book, and, like you, I was really shocked when I found that it could really have been a much more superior aircraft with only a few mods..... and you are right, Gibbage... to think that a pencil-pusher decided this planes legacy with, what else but the stroke of a pen... Angering, in many respects.. Anyway, at least we can fly her today under much more humane conditions...:medals:

Gibbage
October 2nd, 2009, 17:20
Sorry its taking so long. We are trying to work out a small issue with the installer. No real ETA yet. We are hoping to still have it out tonight.

Quicksand
October 2nd, 2009, 17:39
Roger that!

Panther_99FS
October 2nd, 2009, 18:01
I
Anyways, back onto subject or the mods may also get angry, turn green, and swing the ban hammer =)

We only get disturbed when one company takes shots at another :)

Gibbage
October 2nd, 2009, 18:38
We only get disturbed when one company takes shots at another :)

Low blow, but I have been a good boy recently, havent I? Besides, compatition is a by-product of a free market.

Panther_99FS
October 2nd, 2009, 19:07
Low blow, but I have been a good boy recently, havent I? Besides, compatition is a by-product of a free market.

Well Gibbage,
Since you brought it up...The below post is a "low blow" to Sky Unlimited...

Panther_99FS
October 2nd, 2009, 19:21
Oh and one last thing...
I applaud the professionalism of A2A Simulations and Mike_CYUL who both have introduced fine Piper Cubs to the community....Both have great products and yet, neither has taken a shot at each other....:ernae:

Henry
October 2nd, 2009, 19:24
please do not push me
1 warning should be enough
you get free advertising
H

boxcar
October 2nd, 2009, 19:28
For one, am looking forward to the day when we all begin to compete less & cooperate more. It's All Good.

Milton Shupe
October 2nd, 2009, 19:33

Gibbage,

Competition we all love and we appreciate all developers, payware and freeware for what they bring to the community.

We have no problem with your "marketing" here and it's great to see the oncoming products. What we will not tolerate is competitors who choose to do so at the expense of another on our forums.

We will always appreciate competitor interaction but we have a very low threshold for "grenade tossing". Respect for all developers efforts is a great way to win over potential buyers. Anything less simply creates "lost sales".

deimos256
October 3rd, 2009, 01:13
Soooo, friday has come and gone, no release yet?

Gibbage
October 3rd, 2009, 01:52
Sadly no. Looks like a Saturday release. Sometimes things dont go as planned. Like I said before, we dont want to release till we are confident its done. Good things come to those who wait. Sorry for the delay guys.

deimos256
October 3rd, 2009, 02:13
well i gotta work today on a rare occasion so that should pass the time!

MudMarine
October 3rd, 2009, 08:41
WAITING!!?? It's Saturday where is it?:engel016:

crashaz
October 3rd, 2009, 12:19
It's close... you can go out to their webpage and there is a link to order.

$36.95 for the J and L models (great price I think)

HOLD OFF THOUGH until you hear the official word! I ordered... but the link to download is not working yet.
:wavey:

boxcar
October 3rd, 2009, 12:33
...HOLD OFF THOUGH until you hear the official word! I ordered... but the link to download is not working yet.
Same here. Purchased already, but the download link in the confirmation e-mail from them is not working.

Standing by... http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/cool/cool-smiley-020.gif

Tim_FSD
October 3rd, 2009, 18:58
im looking forward to the demo, as long as it runs decent on my rig ill be buying it. How does the demo work anyways?

You will get the same aircraft and files. From the time you load it you have a couple of days and a total of about 1 hour in the sim to give it a good going over and check everything out. If you decide t go ahead and purchase it we will have a much smaller file that you can download to activate the license and use the files you already have in place.

Just let us know ifyou have any questions.

Tim_FSD
October 3rd, 2009, 19:00
Same here. Purchased already, but the download link in the confirmation e-mail from them is not working.

Standing by... http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/cool/cool-smiley-020.gif

If you have not checked the posts in the other thread, this was an error in the automated email sent by our server when you placed the order, which we have corrected.

You can download the P38 from here: http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/P38/download.htm