PDA

View Full Version : 282 mpg

ananda
September 29th, 2009, 02:17
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/daily-news/080702-VW-May-Produce-282-MPG-Two-Seat-Car/

cheezyflier
September 29th, 2009, 06:48
i could see me going there. why not? it's interesting. at that kind of fuel economy, i could go from here (toronto) back home (to delaware) on less than 2 gallons of gas. i could afford to make a trip like that pretty often!.

n4gix
September 29th, 2009, 10:31
Essentially it appears to be a four wheeled motorcycle with a carbon fiber body... :)

stansdds
September 29th, 2009, 14:54
Wonder how VW would make it pass U.S. collision and safety standards?

Lionheart
September 29th, 2009, 17:00
Awesome little car. Looks like a little airplane cockpit inside. They are supposed to be out this coming up year!

ananda
September 30th, 2009, 00:15
Anyone remember the The Messerschmitt Kabinenroller K200?

Lionheart
September 30th, 2009, 09:10
Anyone remember the The Messerschmitt Kabinenroller K200?

Yep... A neighbor of mine in the neighborhood I grew up in had one, as well as 2 BMW Issetta's. Great cars. The K200 I think is the 4 wheeler, 2 wheels in back instead of one. I think they nicknamed it the Tiger, not sure. My friend had the regular one. (I could be very wrong on this though, its been ages).

When I would sit in it, it was very roomy. More so then in a regular car. In a normal car, you are cramped between another seat and the door, whereas in the Messerschmidt, you didnt have the normal area's crammed together, so you had alot of room to either side of you. Doesnt look that way, but it was very roomy once you were in it and the top was shut.

EDIT: The K400 might be the Tiger I am thinking of...

Bill