PDA

View Full Version : Revelstoke Remix

falcon409
September 28th, 2009, 11:48
I've been slowly redoing or just enhancing some of the mountain strips in BC and stumbled across a real gem. . .Revelstoke. The default location was off by about half a mile, lol so I decided to see what I could do to really enhance it. These shots show the new location and I still have to add the hangars, other buildings etc, but it should make Revelstoke more enjoyable to fly into now than the default.

Bjoern
September 28th, 2009, 13:11
According to Wikipedia and Airliners, Revelstoke looks just like a nice GA strip for a day trip from Vancouver or other big cities in BC.

Good work, Ed! :jump:

MCDesigns
September 28th, 2009, 13:32
NICE WORK!! I was actually flying there myself last week and decided to do it up in photoreal since the default looks bad and discovered that it was off myself. Looking forward to this!!

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/716/revelstoke.jpg

falcon409
September 28th, 2009, 13:49
NICE WORK!! I was actually flying there myself last week and decided to do it up in photoreal since the default looks bad and discovered that it was off myself. Looking forward to this!!

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/716/revelstoke.jpg
I was going to do photoreal as well Michael, but aside from Google Earth (I have no idea how to convert that for use in SBuilderX), the tile servers in SBX were of no use as they wouldn't give me anything hi-res. Even the USGS server was of no use.

I'd say go with what you have, it'll be far better than anything I can do.

falcon409
September 28th, 2009, 16:15
Here are some WIP shots. I still need to add the AFCAD file for parking spots, some more equipment scattered around the ramp, a few more static aircraft and it's done. Not photoreal, but far better than the default.

CG_1976
September 28th, 2009, 16:24
Ah a nice feeder strip. All the possible cargo I could run there with my DC3 from YZF. Lookin great falcon and will be awaiting. Very beautiful area in BC I must say.

Holger Sandmann
September 28th, 2009, 16:28
Hi guys,

great project! Attached below are two images of the real thing I took from the Revelstoke National Park access road a couple years ago. The airfield truly is in a unique and beautiful location.

Anyone remember the infamous wall of water that the default FS2004 version showed at Revelstoke? :blind:

Cheers, Holger

falcon409
September 28th, 2009, 17:06
I can see I need to run the terrain around the end of the rwy and back out again and lower the rwy elevation a tad as well. Great shots Holger, thanks for posting.

Sidney Schwartz
September 28th, 2009, 19:57
Here's a version I did for FS9 using Instant Scenery and Sbuilder. I don't know if would be compatible with FSX, but anyone who wants it is welcome to it. :wavey:

anatolpopov
September 28th, 2009, 20:55
Falcon, what is the program what you use doing these scenerys

falcon409
September 28th, 2009, 21:10
Falcon, what is the program what you use doing these scenerys
For scenery object placement I use Instant Scenery. . .for AFCAD's I use AFX (Airport Facilitator X) for excludes, water/hydro polys/shorelines, flattens, airport boundaries and photoreal tiles I use SBuilderX.

Here are the final shots for Revelstoke.

BushAV8R
September 28th, 2009, 21:55
Falcon, this is a very nice looking little airfield. Great job and a new location to fly to....

Milton Shupe
September 29th, 2009, 04:15
Wow! Great work there Falcon ... Revelstoke is once again a beautiful place to set down. :medals:

cheezyflier
September 29th, 2009, 08:19
Anyone remember the infamous wall of water that the default FS2004 version showed at Revelstoke? :blind:

Cheers, Holger

oh, you mean this?

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/revelstoke.jpg

expat
September 29th, 2009, 09:11
Just flew in there in the Kodiak, and out again in the Howard 500 until I got to Yosemite. What a really beautiful area to fly around. Reminds me a bit like the flight to St Moritz/Samedan in Switzerland.

Falcon, great choice and your screenies look great. Look forward to it.

expat