PDA

View Full Version : OT: Like STOL?

kilo delta
September 28th, 2009, 09:02
Then check out this video of the 2009 STOL MayDay Fly-In Competition in Valdez,Alaska.....love the tundra equipped SuperCubs :ernae:

YuE2cW8NMx8

harleyman
September 28th, 2009, 09:07
Gotta just love that.....:applause:

Tako_Kichi
September 28th, 2009, 09:10
That last landing was definitely an OUCH!

I am surprised the plane that had a prop strike on take-off continued too. :isadizzy:

I would have pulled off to one side and checked my prop if it was me.

kilo delta
September 28th, 2009, 09:18
That last landing was definitely an OUCH!

I am surprised the plane that had a prop strike on take-off continued too. :isadizzy:

I would have pulled off to one side and checked my prop if it was me.

Probably thought he had Accusim and made a few imaginary mouse clicks to fix his prop :icon_lol:

BananaBob
September 28th, 2009, 09:19
Cool, especially the skeletal tail on that Piper, lol, now that's light! :ernae:

wilycoyote4
September 28th, 2009, 11:05
kilo_delta ------
Thanks :ernae: Downloading it now. :applause: :running::medals::icon29:

kilo delta
September 28th, 2009, 11:29
Enjoy, wilycoyote4 :ernae:

BTW...if you liked that, then check out the vids posted here... http://www.youtube.com/user/cubdriver749er :)

idancesafetydance
September 28th, 2009, 14:22
:icon_lol::icon_lol:Listen closely at 1:53.. this made me bust a gut. Tell me if you hear a guy (possibly the pilot) screaming "GODDAMMIT!" :icon_lol::icon_lol:

lawdawg
September 28th, 2009, 14:31
Yeah, saw that vid.
That event happens just down the road from where I live.
I know that pilot was pissed when he nosed over. Stuff happens everyday, just that is expensive stuff (cringes)
This kind of flying is my language.

peter12213
September 28th, 2009, 17:37
Yeah that cut down cub is gorgeous he's got "Got Rocks" written on the cowl lol?

Lionheart
September 28th, 2009, 18:19
Wild man!

I cant believe that one that took off at the half way point, lol...

Helium in the wings???

lol...

Bill

kjb
September 28th, 2009, 18:31
Ya gotta love those. They don't use much more space than a helicopter.

MudMarine
September 28th, 2009, 19:59
:icon_lol::icon_lol:Listen closely at 1:53.. this made me bust a gut. Tell me if you hear a guy (possibly the pilot) screaming "GODDAMMIT!" :icon_lol::icon_lol:

I'd yeal GD it and other stuff also!!:icon_lol:

MudMarine
September 28th, 2009, 20:00
Wild man!

I cant believe that one that took off at the half way point, lol...

Helium in the wings???

lol...

Bill

Could be a bean assisted lift off? If you know what I mean!!:icon_lol:

Boomer
September 29th, 2009, 06:50
Very cool!

Impressed me enough to order the DVD's from the url at the end of the movie.

Now if only Mike would release the Super Cub life would be grand! Watching that vid gave me an idea for a interesting mission :wiggle:

lawdawg
September 29th, 2009, 07:20
Very cool!

Impressed me enough to order the DVD's from the url at the end of the movie.

Now if only Mike would release the Super Cub life would be grand! Watching that vid gave me an idea for a interesting mission :wiggle:
Ain't that the truth.
C'mon Mike..:pop4:

wilycoyote4
September 29th, 2009, 11:17
If I am right, IF, some of these aircraft, especially supercubs have STOL modifications to their wings and more powerful engines. I suppose a Google search will offer some facts. The supercubs are not quite "normal", whatever that may be over the years. There are many websites with videos of STOL aircraft.

kilo delta
September 29th, 2009, 12:01
If I am right, IF, some of these aircraft, especially supercubs have STOL modifications to their wings and more powerful engines. I suppose a Google search will offer some facts. The supercubs are not quite "normal", whatever that may be over the years. There are many websites with videos of STOL aircraft.

Have a look at this link www.cubcrafters.com (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/www.cubcrafters.com) ...in particular their Carbon Cub :isadizzy::icon_lol::applause:

fBD1XOY5Xic

XAjV7sMy-j0

Wonder what A2A's Heidi would make of that? :) :icon_lol:

JamesChams
September 29th, 2009, 12:15
Gents,

They're using a piloting technique called "Short Field Take-off's." You can do it in most single-engine prop aircraft, like a Cessna 152/172. But, it looks really dramatic in something small and light like a Cub.
Nice Videos! :wavey: