PDA

View Full Version : How will the new P-38s differ?

dswo
September 26th, 2009, 17:19
One's out, another's soon to be. While the first one's on sale, how will they differ?

MCDesigns
September 26th, 2009, 17:42
Short of asking the developers to get into a pissing contest over each others models, that is a loaded question. I'm sure each has it's strengths and weaknesses and each cater to a certain type of simmer.

stansdds
September 26th, 2009, 17:49
Well... I guess we will soon find out.

dswo
September 26th, 2009, 18:00
Short of asking the developers to get into a pissing contest over each others models, that is a loaded question.

It's a delicate question, I'll give you that. But also one that matters, no?

falcon409
September 26th, 2009, 18:01
Of course the extent of the detail will be important and then add in the price and you have a catch 22. Buy the one on sale now and get it at a great price. . .then the other hits the streets, more detail better looking all around (just a what if statement right now) and the price is comparable and you wish you'd waited. . . .or. . . .don't buy the current one, wait til the other is released, decide you don't want it anyway and then the price on the other goes up and you don't want to pay that either, lol.

The current release is in a price range I can handle and since it's not an airplane I'm going to fly the wings off of and it's a far better version than the earlier one I had for FS9 (and I loved that one) I'm probably going with what I can afford.

glennc
September 26th, 2009, 19:15
I don't know but I will find out. The other Milviz products I have (The UH-1 and Corsair) are very nice. I guess I'll do a fly off after the "other one" come out. Jesse's stuff is pretty well done, too. The Texans are a good reference point.

Glenn

falcon409
September 26th, 2009, 19:34
Hey Glenn,

Well, I went with the first to release and am very happy with it. Great sounds, excellent VC, terrific exterior. I took a quick flight from far western Pennsylvania over Philly and out to KACY to land (I've got the Megascenery Earth for Jersey) and enjoyed every minute.

I think the only thing that bothered me just a bit was that there are controls that are hidden by the yoke, which unless you have trackIR (I do but rarely use it) you can't get to without moving the yoke and even then it's a little tough. Otherwise, I'm a happy customer at $17.99. Thanks guys, beautiful job.

Cerberus
September 26th, 2009, 19:37
Hey Glenn,

Well, I went with the first to release and am very happy with it. Great sounds, excellent VC, terrific exterior. I took a quick flight from far western Pennsylvania over Philly and out to KACY to land (I've got the Megascenery Earth for Jersey) and enjoyed every minute.

I think the only thing that bothered me just a bit was that there are controls that are hidden by the yoke, which unless you have trackIR (I do but rarely use it) you can't get to without moving the yoke and even then it's a little tough. Otherwise, I'm a happy customer at $17.99. Thanks guys, beautiful job.

Hey Falcon we thought that would be an issue so we made it so that the yoke will disappear. If you click the Yoke base (the brown cloth) the entire yoke will disappear allowing you to work the controls behind it. Click the base again when you are done and the yoke will reappear.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

falcon409
September 26th, 2009, 20:34
Hey Falcon we thought that would be an issue so we made it so that the yoke will disappear. If you click the Yoke base (the brown cloth) the entire yoke will disappear allowing you to work the controls behind it. Click the base again when you are done and the yoke will reappear.<o:p></o:p>
Of course you did, lol, I should have done a little clicking here and there and probably would have found it, lol. Thanks for that. Enjoying your work immensely!!!:ernae:

Gibbage
September 26th, 2009, 20:59
Since I would be biased, I wont post my opinion, but it will be interesting. I think this will be a first. Two competing products, modeled and textured by the same guy (me!). I think the SU P-38 will appeal to the more value orientated customer, and the FSD more to the high end customer.

They are both winners. You will be able to fly a demo of the FSD P-38 and compare it and make your own choice. I suggest waiting till then.

falcon409
September 26th, 2009, 21:11
. . . . .I think the SU P-38 will appeal to the more value orientated customer, and the FSD more to the high end customer. . . . .
I was a high end customer when I was making $28 an hour working on F-16's. Now that I'm unemployed and retired (more or less) and bringing in what amounts to about $9 an hour, I've become the value oriented customer. . . .Thanks SU!!

Z-PurpleBubble
September 26th, 2009, 23:16
Since I would be biased, I wont post my opinion, but it will be interesting. I think this will be a first. Two competing products, modeled and textured by the same guy (me!). I think the SU P-38 will appeal to the more value orientated customer, and the FSD more to the high end customer.

They are both winners. You will be able to fly a demo of the FSD P-38 and compare it and make your own choice. I suggest waiting till then.

Did I hear the word "Demo"???:jump:

gajit
September 26th, 2009, 23:31
Wow - demo - thats very sensible. :applause:

deimos256
September 27th, 2009, 04:41
Im reeeallllyyyy close to buying the SU one, but i also like what i see with the FSD offering. My question is which one is going to offer better performance? As far as milviz is concerned, I heard good things about the corsair performance but i also read the huey had dismal performance. Guess I'll have to wait for the demo.

idahosurge
September 27th, 2009, 05:06
One's out, another's soon to be. While the first one's on sale, how will they differ?

Who is the other company that is getting ready to release one? I would like to take a look before I decide to but the Sky version.

Rod

stovall
September 27th, 2009, 06:54
Rod, that be Milviz and FSD. Check this out (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=22911&highlight=Lightning).

MudMarine
September 27th, 2009, 10:49
Becuase of another posted opinion in the past, I've bought the SU P-38 which will be the only one I'll probably buy. I'll let my money do the talking.:engel016: I just hope everyone is happy with the choice they make what ever that maybe!!:ernae:

Tim_FSD
September 27th, 2009, 12:17
Wow - demo - thats very sensible. :applause:

We will have a demo version available on the day of release. It will be fully featured and will allow you to install the plane, load it up, and see how it displays and performs for you in the simulator. You will also have plenty of time to go over it with a fine-tooth comb and look at the extraordinary detail we put into it.

If you have any questions just let us know.

txnetcop
September 27th, 2009, 13:00
Becuase of another posted opinion in the past, I've bought the SU P-38 which will be the only one I'll probably buy. I'll let my money do the talking.:engel016: I just hope everyone is happy with the choice they make what ever that maybe!!:ernae:

Hey Tim I believe there was a very humble apology made. I was just as mad as you were about that thread. Believe me, I have a hot temper and I hate ego maniacs, but the apology was done very well and it seemed sincere. Hey everyone gets a second chance to do it right...so I will say what you said once about the P-51-ya just can't have enough P-38s in your hanger...oh, that goes for Cubs too. LOL
Ted

deimos256
September 27th, 2009, 13:03
We will have a demo version available on the day of release. It will be fully featured and will allow you to install the plane, load it up, and see how it displays and performs for you in the simulator. You will also have plenty of time to go over it with a fine-tooth comb and look at the extraordinary detail we put into it.

is that release still looking like this upcoming friday??

Roadburner440
September 27th, 2009, 15:03
I would have to agree with not wanting to get into a pissing contest. I own all the P-38's there is for FSX and have had fun with all of them. I will leave it at that. It is all up to what the customer thinks.

stansdds
September 27th, 2009, 15:25

I'm glad to hear there will be a demo version. It's really nice to be able to try before you buy. :applause:

MudMarine
September 27th, 2009, 16:03
[QUOTE=txnetcop;258830]Hey Tim I believe there was a very humble apology made. I was just as mad as you were about that thread. Believe me, I have a hot temper and I hate ego maniacs, but the apology was done very well and it seemed sincere. Hey everyone gets a second chance to do it right...so I will say what you said once about the P-51-ya just can't have enough P-38s in your hanger...oh, that goes for Cubs too. LOL
Ted[/QU

Bit more to it than that for me. Never read the apology. And I said that I "probably" won't buy it which isn't saying I'll never buy it. Good luck to both parties, I hope they sell a lot of planes!

Cag40Navy
September 27th, 2009, 16:20
i think might buy both because there is something bout both that i like. :ernae: